PDA

View Full Version : good subaru dealerships?

ecstasy_civic
12-10-2004, 06:26 PM
My gf and I are going to look at a new WRX tommorow, ill be either selling or trading in my Spec V and leasing the new car.

Im just wondering which dealership in Calgary is best?

Ive been to the one on Mcleod and wasnt impressed with the service (stupid punk kid type of attitude), but maybe it was just my salesperson?

any help would be great, thanks.

t-im
12-10-2004, 06:29 PM
ehhh...i'm not a subaru owner but from what i've read either dealer isn't too great in sales/service

grocko
12-10-2004, 09:21 PM
I've heard nothing but bad things about Calgary Subaru/Charles English Motors. Not too sure about Centaur Subaru though...

googe
12-11-2004, 02:01 AM
ive bought cars from both and been to both for service. i cant really recommend one over the other. neither was that great, although at the same time i dont hate either one.

_wrx_
12-11-2004, 12:30 PM
go to the one on barlow trail.

That.Guy.S30
12-12-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by googe
ive bought cars from both and been to both for service. i cant really recommend one over the other. neither was that great, although at the same time i dont hate either one.

im with googe on this one. i bought my impreza from centaur.. crappy service, good deal. and my dads outback from SoC once again crappy service good deal.

but if i had to pick i would go with charles dale.. i have a problem with the techs and the salesmans at centaur..

awd
12-12-2004, 12:03 PM
I am with these guys, neither have a good reputation -- if it was realistic I would take my wrx to Rally Subaru up north.

In saying that, I take my car to SoC and Paul M. treats me well.

tulit
12-12-2004, 12:24 PM
I agree with everyone else here. Neither are good. But having to choose which one sucks less, I'd probably recommend Charles English (north) over Centaur (macleod) as well...

I wish theyd open up a calgary version of rally subaru. Though I doubt this city could support 3 dealers...

ecstasy_civic
12-12-2004, 12:46 PM
alright, well we didnt go because we got some snow on Sat. morning and my gf didnt want to drive the car in the snow:rofl:

so were going on thurs. afternoon, Im going to check out the Charles English dealership and see what I think.

thanks guys.

benyl
12-12-2004, 02:41 PM
wouldn't the whole point of AWD be to drive in the snow?

2.0turbo
12-12-2004, 03:52 PM
Maybe what you should do, if you want good service is check out the new Saab 92x. Same car as the WRX with as far as I know a similar price tag and a quieter cab. Saturn Saab offers, in my opinion, the best service available from a car manufacturer. I might be too late on this post and I don't even know if they sell the 92x here in Canada. I haven't seen one yet.

awd
12-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by 2.0turbo
Maybe what you should do, if you want good service is check out the new Saab 92x. Same car as the WRX with as far as I know a similar price tag and a quieter cab. Saturn Saab offers, in my opinion, the best service available from a car manufacturer. I might be too late on this post and I don't even know if they sell the 92x here in Canada. I haven't seen one yet.

I say no to the SAABURU -- over priced WRX wagon IMHO.

ecstasy_civic
12-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by benyl
wouldn't the whole point of AWD be to drive in the snow?

just because she doenst know doesnt mean I dont:rolleyes:

I had a poor experiance at the Saturn dealership in crowfoot with a pushy salesman when I was looking for a new car 2 months ago, probably wont go back there anytime soon.

That.Guy.S30
12-12-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by 2.0turbo

the 9x-2 has a 4g difference man.. they are not similarly priced. before taxes and options that car is around 38g's. thats how much a rex costs with all in and some options.

of course the saab and rex are similar but there are some differences, control arms, HIDs, leather, etc.

but if ecstacy_civic wants a sedan rex then this is out.

that being said, why dont you consider the new lgt 2.5 ecstacy_civic? they are priced very similar with the rex's (around 1g difference) but they are much much better IMO

ecstasy_civic
12-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs

the 9x-2 has a 4g difference man.. they are not similarly priced. before taxes and options that car is around 38g's. thats how much a rex costs with all in and some options.

of course the saab and rex are similar but there are some differences, control arms, HIDs, leather, etc.

but if ecstacy_civic wants a sedan rex then this is out.

that being said, why dont you consider the new lgt 2.5 ecstacy_civic? they are priced very similar with the rex's (around 1g difference) but they are much much better IMO

about a grand difference??

I thought they were mid 40's thats why I never bothered to look?

hmmm, ill check it out on thurs.

thanks.

That.Guy.S30
12-12-2004, 06:07 PM
yes they are a grand difference. but if you want leatehr and sunroof and some of that crap it might cost about 4g's more. lol then it will be 40g's

do you have a salesman picked out yet?

ecstasy_civic
12-12-2004, 06:14 PM
no, im looking a new Ram 1500 hemi too,

I just want something AWD

00redLUDE
12-14-2004, 11:43 PM
If you decide to goto SOC whatever you do, do NOT deal with Dale Maciver, total tool. If your young and not looking at Jags to begin with he might not even give you the time of day so you have nothing to worry about then. Otherwise, good luck.