PDA

View Full Version : Blade Trinity

ehos
12-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Go see it. First movie I've paid full price to see.

First one still is the best, but Trinity has alot of cool lines/scenes.

Skylinelover
12-10-2004, 06:50 PM
Is he still good? Saw a preview, looked alright.

Sorath
12-10-2004, 06:54 PM
i thought it was bad

rahim
12-10-2004, 07:00 PM
how bad? might see it tonite... should i go?

statick
12-10-2004, 07:31 PM
heard good things....heard about some 1g dsm in the opening scene.

eckostyle
12-10-2004, 08:00 PM
some parts were a little cheesy, but the lines are great. ryan reynolds (the guy from van wilder) adds to the comedic aspect quite nicely.

Akagi Redsuns
12-10-2004, 09:49 PM
I hear Jessica Biel has a good shower scene : :thumbsup:

I didn't mind the original, not that much of a fan of Blade II though. I might check it out.

boostless
12-10-2004, 09:56 PM
good movie, its not mind blowing, but its a good way to kill 2 hours...

64SON
12-11-2004, 10:38 AM
haven't seen the 1st 2
too lazy to watch em lol:werd:

badseed
12-11-2004, 10:47 AM
Gonna wait till it comes out on DVD.

don_xtc
12-11-2004, 10:51 AM
Gonna wait till hell freezes over

Wildcat
12-11-2004, 12:14 PM
it was entertaining, thats about it.

AcuraTl
12-11-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by don_xtc
Gonna wait till hell freezes over

why??

and ps man ur avatar just gave me a fuckin seizure...

mwmhong
12-11-2004, 06:52 PM
This movie just didn't seem like Blade; way too much comedy and there wasn't as much action/gore in the previous films, with very little suspense.

Reynolds (Hannibal King) and Biel were the only substantial actors in this movie, everyone else, including Snipes, seemed like background noise.

The main villain, the biggest, baddest vampire didn't seem that powerful at all (shapeshift and run away from Blade really fast).
The end fight didn't have the energy of Blade vs. Frost or Blade vs. Nomak from the previous two films.

Without Reynolds for comedy and Biel for good looks, this film would have sucked even worse, this is the worst of the 3 IMO.

6.5/10

I'm a huge Blade fan, but I was disappointed.

:thumbsdow

Wildcat
12-11-2004, 09:53 PM
^couldnt agree more, the comedy made up for some parts but then it just played itself out.

GL86
12-12-2004, 02:26 AM
worst blade movie evar

403Gemini
12-12-2004, 01:08 PM
I heard the movie is an unwelcoming joke to the series, much like AvP was to the Alien and predator series

badseed
12-12-2004, 01:15 PM
I thought the first one waz dope and the second waz even dissapointing, it started great but then went a little too heywire. I'm definitely not lookin fowrad to blade trinity anymore.

ehos
12-12-2004, 08:53 PM
What other action movies are there or were this year?

I like to see shit blow up sometimes, with cranked up music and other cheesy stupid stuff in it.

Wesly does a good thing in this movie, he steps back for some other characters to have some limelight. You don't see (thankfully) Neo in every scene, with all the lines etc. Action movies can center on the non-central character once in a while.

Triple H is huge, he seems more like an action star than Ben fucking Aflec (ugh!).

ehos
12-12-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by GL86
worst blade movie evar

It has big shoes to fill with Blade I and II, but still worth the watch.

ex1z7
12-13-2004, 02:31 PM
[starts spoiling]
The comedy thing that "King" adds to the movie is good for a few lines - but it's nearly everything he says is some sarcastic bullshit.

Snipes has some retarded lines that made me laugh because they were so weak. Like the "and whats that.."fuck you" *name tag* What do you think this is, some kind've joke?" ... YOU'RE SHOOTING VAMPIRES WITH PLASTIC GUNS ! gah..

Some of the technology shit pissed me off too, the gun noises got to me after a few minutes.. Like the power-up pistols that sound like your harddrive starting to spin. Wasn't a fan. Or that electricity line thats shaped like a bow, but isn't. Could've made that into a staff or something instead and made it look wicked, instead of only using it like 3 times.

Biel was cool because she used a bow a few times, which I dig.

I agree with the last fight scene. If this was the first Vampire, seemingly perfect in every way - Blade wouldn't be able to fuck with him and kill him in like 5 mins which is what the fight felt like. Then again, it seemed like the guy let Snipes kill him. I didn't get it too much.

I never wanted to see it - after watching Blade 1 I was like "aiight this isn't bad but it's nothin' to get hyped about" But I figured I'd watch Blade II and was ultimately dissapointed by some of the animation in it. Then Trinity came out and it's like fucking end already.

The ending was pretty weak too - it opens up for a fourth Blade which I don't think is needed at all. Blade Quatro..? With leading Razor company CEO's making appearances?

The blind computer whiz, who has all these screens connected to cameras... What good is that shit gonna do with her, she can't see anything........

It just appeared to me like a very basic "lets throw a bunch of shit together that other movies have had success with and the awesomeness of everything seperate, combined, will make one ultrimately awesome movie that kicks all ass" .......................... Bah

IMO rent it on DVD when it comes out - thats all it's really worth. Or download it.

[/stops spoiling]

bspot
12-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by ehos

It has big shoes to fill with Blade I and II, but still worth the watch.

Big shoes to fill?

Blade I was junk. I didn't even bother with II because of it.

QuasarCav
12-13-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by bspot

Big shoes to fill?

Blade I was junk. I didn't even bother with II because of it.

I'm with Bspot, this film didn't have too much to live up to.

Chiggles
12-14-2004, 01:34 AM
Saw it with a buddy on Saturday. It was okay. The first one is still the best in the series by far, and at least this 3rd installment is nowhere nearly as cheesy as the 2nd one was. The character has always been meant to be a quiet, darker brooding kind of character that keeps to himself. The 2nd one didn't pull away from that character that much, it's just that it was a horrible storyline to follow that was over-exaggerated in terms of presentation especially with the way fight choreography was done. In this third edition, the plot is bit better, but the character seems to be written out of sync almost since Blade seemed to be a bit chattier than he used to be, didn't have the same tone in his voice as he did in the other 2 films, and the humour element to give him a few smart-ass wisecracking comments seem out of place for the character. He's not Spidey, so why try to turn Blade into a funny-man. As it's already been said in this topic, it was entertaining, but I don't think it was worth full pop. In my opinion, watch it on cheap Tuesday, or catch a matinee for it. My 2 cents.

403Gemini
12-14-2004, 05:32 AM
i personally REALLY liked the premise of the second one. a enemy that the vampires fear, and with near immortaility (and were creepy as fuck). however it WAS poorly executed with a bad story and SHITTY AS ALL FUCK animation.

Tho the last fight scene was sorta cool until it got carried overboard with the blatant wrestling rip offs

"HERE COMES THE ELBOW DROP!"

Wildcat
12-14-2004, 12:40 PM
HHH was pretty funny in it, i hope he does more movies.

Kamen
12-15-2004, 02:53 AM
I just came back from it.
OMG the lines were SO BAD. The action was alright but everything ended too fast.
It's a good brainless movie, but if you think about it more than you need to you will start questiong things like:
- wtf is the password? harvest? WTF that's it?!
- triple H seems more like a wrestler than a vampire to me...lol
- that awkward convo between the girl and King, where she talks about penis envy or something and then the really awkward silence leaving the theatre going "uh..."
- that blind girl, like my ass you can do all that
- even in the beginning, you can plan an attack and a bomb but you can't plan on getting your car except rocketing it out backwards off a semi trailer into traffic? :rofl:
soooo much thought escaped this movie...