PDA

View Full Version : Foods that prevent cancer

el_fefes
12-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Hey, I was wondering what foods do you guys consume that prevent cancer? I was just wondering because lately everything seems to cause cancer but there's some foods that don't.

Skylinelover
12-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Rice.

hockeybronx
12-10-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by el_fefes
Hey, I was wondering what foods do you guys consume that prevent cancer? I was just wondering because lately everything seems to cause cancer but there's some foods that don't.

I honestly try to the best of my ability to ignore all of these ''media hyped death threats". The media uses these threats to strike fear in people so they'll keep watching to find out new threats.

As far as I'm concerned, sticking my middle finger up in the air at all of this hype is the best way to handle the cancer scares.

Just my $0.02

YCB
12-11-2004, 03:44 AM
tomatoes

buh_buh
12-11-2004, 04:03 AM
everything causes cancer these days.
eat whatever you want.

sillyd
12-11-2004, 11:07 AM
Tomatoes, broccoli, and green tea every day

crazyning
12-11-2004, 11:59 AM
Blueberries

Shampoo Suicide
12-11-2004, 12:01 PM
If you eat everything in moderation you'll be fine.

1badPT
12-11-2004, 02:26 PM
^very true.

But if you do want to reduce your risks, try to consume foods that contain anti-oxidants. (spinach, carrots, red bell peppers, tomatoes).

http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/5aday/faq/our_health_5.htm

^SkylinE^
12-11-2004, 03:20 PM
broccoli!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Kaos
12-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by YCB
tomatoes

Tomatoes prevent Prostate cancer.

Tyler883
12-11-2004, 05:38 PM
potheads are claiming that marijuana will not only prevent cancer but it will reverse cancerous tumour in rats....

....its from a research study done in the 70's that has never been repeated, but the potheads beleive that there is a huge conspiracy to repress the study, AND follow up studies....

...hmm, I'm wondering if paranoia is a symptom of marijuana LOL

1badPT
12-12-2004, 02:04 PM
I can't believe that if the marijuana is burned. All sorts of garbage is produced when you burn something and MJ is no different. If the MJ was taken as a tea or ingested, perhaps, but smoking MJ is actually riskier than cigarettes because you don't typically filter MJ smoke, and all smoke is loaded with carcinogens.

There are some very good reasons to legalize MJ but there is also a lot of junk information coming from the pro-legalization camp as there is from the anti-MJ camp.

hampstor
12-13-2004, 12:11 AM
For women, I heard semen helps prevent cancer. Also it's supposed to clear up the skin too! :rofl:

GTS Jeff
12-13-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by 1badPT
I can't believe that if the marijuana is burned. All sorts of garbage is produced when you burn something and MJ is no different. If the MJ was taken as a tea or ingested, perhaps, but smoking MJ is actually riskier than cigarettes because you don't typically filter MJ smoke, and all smoke is loaded with carcinogens.

There are some very good reasons to legalize MJ but there is also a lot of junk information coming from the pro-legalization camp as there is from the anti-MJ camp. ure referring to tar :D

Melinda
12-13-2004, 01:38 AM
Not that this applies to many people on here, but eating/drinking soy helps prevent breast cancer...my dad makes me drink it all the time, if you find the flavored kind it's not so bad...if it helps girls though then I'm sure it will help the boys in some way too :)

GTS Jeff
12-13-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
Not that this applies to many people on here, but eating/drinking soy helps prevent breast cancer...my dad makes me drink it all the time, if you find the flavored kind it's not so bad...if it helps girls though then I'm sure it will help the boys in some way too :) whoa are u from "the house of flying awkward conversations"?

like how does something like your daughters risk of breast cancer come up in every day chit chat? :eek: id probably flip out even if my parents said "breast." haha

Melinda
12-13-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
whoa are u from "the house of flying awkward conversations"?

like how does something like your daughters risk of breast cancer come up in every day chit chat? :eek: id probably flip out even if my parents said "breast." haha
No, my dad's mom died of breast cancer when she was in her 30's so that puts me at very high risk to develop something similar earlier on in life than most women...dad's really cautious about it...he usually lets mom use the dreaded "breast" word, but he does make it pretty known what he's worried about.

GTS Jeff
12-13-2004, 12:18 PM

No, my dad's mom died of breast cancer when she was in her 30's so that puts me at very high risk to develop something similar earlier on in life than most women...dad's really cautious about it...he usually lets mom use the dreaded "breast" word, but he does make it pretty known what he's worried about. crazy. well its good that hes thinking ahead.

heh, i flinch if i hear my parents say "chicken breast."

EK 2.0
12-13-2004, 12:39 PM
not that I am a pre-med, or heck even know anyting about Organic Chem...but,

if they know what slows cancer, or stops cancer...why no f'n cure for the dreaded C-Word??

1badPT
12-13-2004, 12:46 PM
preventing and curing are two different things ;)

kiwi
12-13-2004, 12:56 PM
If you take this cancer thing so seriously, then you might as well not eat at all! In today's world, everything causes cancer, even all the fruits & vegetables because there's insecticides... these insecticides also get into the soil & into your drinking water... so yeah =)

1badPT
12-13-2004, 12:59 PM
you can buy organic :tongue:

it doesn't have to rule your life but you can make choices with your diet that help keep you healthier :)

Ben
12-13-2004, 01:50 PM
*shakes fist*

Drink your soy...Dri...Dri...DRINK IIIIIIT!!*

kiwi
12-13-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT
you can buy organic :tongue:

it doesn't have to rule your life but you can make choices with your diet that help keep you healthier :)

You can't just survive on organic fruit & veggies... in the long run, you'll end up having some other health problems...

Even bread causes cancer for crying out loud!

So in the end, you'll die no matter what you eat! Might as well enjoy life & enjoy all the food accessible to us :thumbsup: :drool:

JeremyD
12-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Not that this applies to many people on here, but eating/drinking soy helps prevent breast cancer...my dad makes me drink it all the time, if you find the flavored kind it's not so bad...if it helps girls though then I'm sure it will help the boys in some way too :)

Men should be a little careful about the amount of Soy Milk they drink. It can increase the amount of estrogen produced by the body. Probably not a big deal for the average guy but something to be concerned with if you are body building. If it will ward of prostate or testicular cancer it might be worth it.

1badPT
12-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by kiwi

You can't just survive on organic fruit & veggies... in the long run, you'll end up having some other health problems...

Even bread causes cancer for crying out loud!

So in the end, you'll die no matter what you eat! Might as well enjoy life & enjoy all the food accessible to us :thumbsup: :drool:

hahah trust me i'm not suggesting that these are the only foods you should eat.

I know everyone is going to die, but if you can eat foods that let you live longer and healthier, why not? Your health is the most important thing you have - when you are no longer healthy, it won't matter what else you have, you won't be able to enjoy it.

Really how hard is it to work a carrot or a tomato into your daily eating?

GTS Jeff
12-13-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
not that I am a pre-med, or heck even know anyting about Organic Chem...but,

if they know what slows cancer, or stops cancer...why no f'n cure for the dreaded C-Word??

believe me theyre trying. most people find taking 1 class of biochemistry super hard already, just to put things in perspective.

Originally posted by kiwi

You can't just survive on organic fruit & veggies... in the long run, you'll end up having some other health problems... organic foods just use less pesticides and hormones and shiet like that in the production process. so anything organic is supposedly better for u. personally, id buy organic all the time, but i dont, but only cuz im poor.

Boosted_TL
12-14-2004, 12:51 PM
Shark Cartilage