12-11-2004, 12:25 AM
URL is down 3 posts.

Wish I could drive like that in loafers! :bigpimp:

cujo_cjc
12-11-2004, 12:32 AM
link doesnt work :(

CRXguy
12-11-2004, 12:33 AM
that sux.... i just downloaded it, and i copy&pasted the link over here. :confused:

forkdork
12-11-2004, 12:38 AM
http://privat.bluezone.no/martin.bergvill/NSX/Movies/

right click save as the aryton senna one:)

cujo_cjc
12-11-2004, 12:38 AM
^^^
awesome
cant wait for it to finish :drool:

forkdork
12-11-2004, 12:44 AM
Yeah its a pretty cool vid.

CRXguy
12-11-2004, 12:46 AM
thanks for saving the thread! :thumbsup:

YCB
12-11-2004, 04:07 AM
who's ayrton senna?? i googled him and it say something about a conspiracy to kill him or something

rage2
12-11-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by YCB
who's ayrton senna?? i googled him and it say something about a conspiracy to kill him or something
BAN!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the greatest F1 drivers of all time. Held the most records at his death. His qualifying record is insane. Schumacher has eclipsed most of those records now, but Schumacher has been in F1 more years than senna. The only one left that Schumacher hasn't beat is the qualifying record.

Senna posted 65 poles in 162 starts (a whopping 40%), many times in cars that are not pole position cars. Nobody comes close (yet).

Akagi Redsuns
12-11-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by YCB

You are kidding right?

He is one of the greatest Formula 1 Drivers of all time.

I googled his name and I get tons of informative sites. Ever searched before?

Few links for ya.

http://www.f1-grandprix.com/senna.html
http://www.ddavid.com/formula1/ayrton-senna.htm
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,12771,00.html

rage2
12-11-2004, 10:44 AM
BTW - it's not an NSX-R. It's just a stock NSX, which Senna did help develop by offering suspension and handling advice during it's development stage.

YCB
12-11-2004, 01:53 PM
hahaha yeah i was up til like 4 lookin up his name and stuff. Tragic death..

hjr
12-11-2004, 02:47 PM
wow, that man is a pimp. utterly. the vid wasnt amazing or anything, it was only moderately exciting, but DAMN, he was wearing LOAFERS!!!!!!! hahaha. sooo rad.

rage2
12-11-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by hjr
wow, that man is a pimp. utterly. the vid wasnt amazing or anything, it was only moderately exciting, but DAMN, he was wearing LOAFERS!!!!!!! hahaha. sooo rad.
haha that's what I wear on track days and autox's too. Sandals are also a popular option with me (if I don't get busted haha).

crazydriver
12-11-2004, 10:49 PM
WOW thats a sweet vid:drool:

EK 2.0
12-12-2004, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by rage2

haha that's what I wear on track days and autox's too. Sandals are also a popular option with me (if I don't get busted haha).

is that part of the rage2 Tuning/Weight Reduction Program??:D

rage2
12-12-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
is that part of the rage2 Tuning/Weight Reduction Program??:D
No, it's the rage2 I only have 1 pair of shoes for all occasions program!

nookmumracing
12-13-2004, 12:23 AM
I remember when he died too, the people of Japan were in shock!!!

Shoebox//Racer
12-13-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by nookmumracing
I remember when he died too, the people of Japan were in shock!!!

Some how i think the schok extended a bit further than Japan :cry: :cry: :cry:

What a loss that was.. i was still really young when it happened and i knew who he was cuz my dad watched F1 religiously back in the day, he just came up stairs and said senna just crashed @ 290mph straight into a wall or something like that at the start of a turn.

damn....

Can you imagine what it would be like to have all the old school f1'ers in a race all in their prime vs Schumacher?

Senna, Jean Alesi, Alain Prost, Mika Hakkinen, Nigel Mansel, David Coulthard, Eddie Irvine. Damon Hill, Schumacher.

god. what a race that would be.

anyways, nice vid :thumbsup: i gotta go get a kleenex now.

EK 2.0
12-13-2004, 12:46 PM
you forgot Alex Zanardi...before he left F1 for CART...he was a great intuitive driver in my most humble opinion...

Akagi Redsuns
12-13-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
you forgot Alex Zanardi...before he left F1 for CART...he was a great intuitive driver in my most humble opinion...

Alex Zanardi didn't do well in Formula 1 though, just like Micheal Andretti. He did excell in CART though and was great to watch. It's a shame what happened to him though, but it was nice to see him racing again recently.

EK 2.0
12-13-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

Alex Zanardi didn't do well in Formula 1 though, just like Micheal Andretti. He did excell in CART though and was great to watch. It's a shame what happened to him though, but it was nice to see him racing again recently.

he did do great in F1...then moved to CART...upon his return to F1 his mindset wasn't there and his skills were adapted to the Champ Cars and I think that is what hurt him...

Akagi Redsuns
12-13-2004, 11:48 PM
I knew he was a good test driver of sorts in Formula 1 before he was in the CART series, didn't know he had any strong results in any races though. Maybe I wasn't paying too much attention back in those days.

LamE
12-15-2004, 02:23 AM
good old dayshttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/q/cry.gif I miss senna... i remmeber back in the old day, me and my uncle were F1 freaks always watching it, and I was pretty young, probably about 12 or so and I remember seeing that crash.... wow its still in my head, the image.

He died on the way to the hospital....no way any human can survive that crash taht he went through. Absolutely amazing driver, my highest respect to him in heaven. :(

He was my idol http://smilies.sofrayt.com/^/aiw/cry.gif

rage2
12-15-2004, 09:52 AM
I watched the race live when Senna died. I remember it like it was yesterday. He actually died at the scene, was resucatated (but braindead) there because drivers do not die at the track. If they did, the race gets called off, etc.

Moonracer
12-15-2004, 10:00 AM
I was watching that race too. I was in major shock when I heard the news like everyone else, thought I was just dreaming it. I taped it also but haven't watched it since. :(