PDA

View Full Version : I was OWNED

Fuji
12-08-2002, 02:55 AM
200Impreza and I went to see how fast his car was now... Let's say there was no point where I was even close to winning. He pulled really hard on me in all gears:( - up to the speed limit. :burnout:

szw
12-08-2002, 03:19 AM
Looks like all that work paid off big time for him!

2000impreza
12-08-2002, 03:23 AM
yeah we raced up to the errr.... the speed limit on a closed road:devil:

once fuji puts some mods down on his car i'll be getting my ass handed to me.. lol.

overall my car pulled ok but i think there is lots of room for improvement. greddy egt guage recorded peak at 780C(1436F) so egt is fairly low. also i'm still running pretty rich up top... only running ~3.5psi boost.

szw
12-08-2002, 03:27 AM
What car does Fuji drive? wrx?

2000impreza
12-08-2002, 03:32 AM
99 2.5RS rally blue. we're both located in the NW so you might see us around from time to time.

szw
12-08-2002, 04:15 AM
All the 2.5RS drivers I've seen lately have been girls!

I've seen you a few times 2000impreza on john-laurie (opposite direction). I think its you, cuz I just notice the bluebadge. Was a couple months back I think

ninjak84
12-08-2002, 04:41 AM
3.5psi?
Hmm... lots of room for more boost!

Fuji
12-08-2002, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by 2000impreza

once fuji puts some mods down on his car i'll be getting my ass handed to me.. lol.

Whatever man... By the time I get enough dough coughed up to do some major mods, I will have to do an STi swap to keep up.:(

Hey! I have some mods, exhaust, intake!!! those should be good for at least 30 HP :rolleyes:

[GaGe]
12-08-2002, 12:55 PM

overall my car pulled ok but i think there is lots of room for improvement. greddy egt guage recorded peak at 780C(1436F) so egt is fairly low. also i'm still running pretty rich up top... only running ~3.5psi boost.

have you dynoed your car yet?

spyguy
12-08-2002, 01:06 PM
no awd dyno in calgary...i think there's one in vancouver though :(

CRXguy
12-08-2002, 02:25 PM
Road trip to VanCity.

Man, 2000impreza is gonna kick my ass from now on!!:rofl:

4wheeldrift
12-08-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by spyguy
no awd dyno in calgary...i think there's one in vancouver though :( Yeah, but roland has an auto. You can disable the all wheel drive system with a fuse so you can use a normal 2wd dyno.

2000impreza
12-08-2002, 04:08 PM
i could convert it to FWD mode and put it on a dyno... but i'm too broke at the moment. no money what-so-ever. lol. maybe after newyears..... the point of this race was to see if my car was even that much faster than before.... since i hear all these stories about cars being not much faster or even slower with a turbo.

everyone is probably wondering how i compare to a stock wrx right? i did go at it with a wrx sedan a few days ago. it was driven by a middle age guy. was from a dead stop. i didn't know how hard he was going to launch so i just gave him a slight headstart before i put the pedal down. by 150 i pulled a few carlengths on him and was still pulling strong when we shut it down.... before anyone calls BS on me i DO NOT know how good a driver this guy was, how he was shifting, or whatever. for all i know he could have been granny shifting.

to set the record straight my car is not that fast.... its faster than stock thats for sure but it is not that fast compared to some of the other cars.... like to spyguy's wrx. lol.

spyguy
12-08-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Yeah, but roland has an auto. You can disable the all wheel drive system with a fuse so you can use a normal 2wd dyno.

well that doesnt help the rest of us that have 5spd trannies now does it?

spyguy
12-08-2002, 04:34 PM
i could convert it to FWD mode and put it on a dyno... but i'm too broke at the moment. no money what-so-ever. lol. maybe after newyears..... the point of this race was to see if my car was even that much faster than before.... since i hear all these stories about cars being not much faster or even slower with a turbo.

everyone is probably wondering how i compare to a stock wrx right? i did go at it with a wrx sedan a few days ago. it was driven by a middle age guy. was from a dead stop. i didn't know how hard he was going to launch so i just gave him a slight headstart before i put the pedal down. by 150 i pulled a few carlengths on him and was still pulling strong when we shut it down.... before anyone calls BS on me i DO NOT know how good a driver this guy was, how he was shifting, or whatever. for all i know he could have been granny shifting.

to set the record straight my car is not that fast.... its faster than stock thats for sure but it is not that fast compared to some of the other cars.... like to spyguy's wrx. lol.

mine's slow...now scoobiesnax and wombat north have the fast wrx's

CRXguy
12-08-2002, 04:48 PM
I think I need another job. Working at 2 places isn't cuttin' it.:rofl:

4wheeldrift
12-08-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by spyguy

well that doesnt help the rest of us that have 5spd trannies now does it? The question was "Have you dynoed it yet?" meaning has ROLAND dynoed his car yet, not have you.

spyguy
12-08-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
The question was "Have you dynoed it yet?" meaning has ROLAND dynoed his car yet, not have you.

Right...but I stated that there were no AWD dynos no calgary....this was directed at CRXguy when he said something about a roadtrip to vancity

spyguy
12-08-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
I think I need another job. Working at 2 places isn't cuttin' it.:rofl:

I know what you mean

GingeRRRBeef
12-09-2002, 12:23 AM
Fuji

Didn't you say you bought a turbo kit????

Fuji
12-09-2002, 04:37 AM
No not yet... still in the works... money is really tight these days :(