PDA

View Full Version : Man Acquitted of Rape; Says He Was Asleep

buh_buh
12-11-2004, 08:33 PM
http://my.netscape.com/corewidgets/news/story.psp?cat=50900&id=2004121009560002189514

Offbeat News
Saturday, Dec. 11, 2004
Man Acquitted of Rape; Says He Was Asleep

OSLO (Reuters) - A Norwegian court has acquitted a man
accused of raping a sleeping woman after he said he was also
asleep at the time.

The 18-year old woman, who had gone to sleep dressed in
trousers and a sweater on a sofa after a party with friends,
awoke to find the 34-year-old man having sex with her. The man
said he was woken by her screams for help.

"He said that he was asleep and the majority of the judges
found that they could not rule out the possibility," defense
lawyer Christian Riig told NRK public radio on Thursday.

The three-judge panel in the court in Inderoy, west Norway,
acquitted him by a 2-1 margin because of doubts about whether
he had been conscious.

Riig declined to speculate about how the man, who had been
drinking, could have had sex in his sleep, apparently after
undressing the woman. But he said an ex-partner of the man had
testified by telephone that similar things had happened to her.

Khyron
12-11-2004, 08:59 PM
Actually pretty common. Not sure about using it for a rape defense though.

Khyron

BebeAphrodite
12-11-2004, 09:02 PM
what's common?

DUBBED
12-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Man I've had conversations with my friends while they've been asleep. The next day they don't even remember talking to me. I wouldn't be surprised if it actually happened although it wouldn't be my first line of defense in a rape trial.

DJ Lazy
12-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Doing stuff in your sleep that is illegal (or legal) and getting away with what you did..

Correct me if I am wrong Khryon

Shaolin
12-11-2004, 09:35 PM
my buddy had sex with his girlfriend (well fiancee now) one night and he didn't even know it.. he woke up the next morning and his girlfriend was just all over him.. i guess he just got up, started doin her and she'd ask him questions and he didn't say a thing (he was asleep) and continued on with his business.

another one where he was asleep.. i guess he was asking his girlfriend to give him head, and he asked in a kid's way (IE. girlfriend's name is Jane for this example. "Janeeeeeee, can you... ummm... you knoww... he he he... ummmm.")

like that. Anyways, i guess his girlfriend was like "aww fine" and gave it to him.. the next morning, he gets ready for work, girlfriend's sitting in the kitchen glaring at him and he was like "What? :dunno:" and she told him what happened last night and he was like ummm, i was asleep..

ryder_23
12-11-2004, 09:37 PM
I guess it could be somewhat believable. My mom wakes me up some morning, has a talk, tells me what i have to do, and dont remember anything. This one time i had a shower, went back to sleep, woke up, hair wet, shower still going, and didnt even know i had a shower :rofl:

import_illusion
12-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
my buddy had sex with his girlfriend (well fiancee now) one night and he didn't even know it.. he woke up the next morning and his girlfriend was just all over him.. i guess he just got up, started doin her and she'd ask him questions and he didn't say a thing (he was asleep) and continued on with his business.

another one where he was asleep.. i guess he was asking his girlfriend to give him head, and he asked in a kid's way (IE. girlfriend's name is Jane for this example. "Janeeeeeee, can you... ummm... you knoww... he he he... ummmm.")

like that. Anyways, i guess his girlfriend was like "aww fine" and gave it to him.. the next morning, he gets ready for work, girlfriend's sitting in the kitchen glaring at him and he was like "What? :dunno:" and she told him what happened last night and he was like ummm, i was asleep..

lol ..that's alot pleasure without even knowing it haha

el_fefes
12-11-2004, 10:12 PM
When I lived in a 2 story house, I went to sleep in my bedroom, on the second floor, and woke up on the couch. I wen't down the stairs with all my sheets, and I didn't even remeber doing it...pretty messed up

jaysas_63
12-11-2004, 10:20 PM
yea a similar case in canada...this guy (in his sleep) drives down all the way across town, to his parents in law house, goes in, goes up to their room, and stabs them to death with a kictchen knife (he was holding the blade while stabing, so he cut his hand up too)....yea so he was aquitted based on the fact that he had no mens rea....and without mens rea , and actus rea u can't be charged

djayz
12-11-2004, 11:12 PM
interesting...
the woman was sleeping while the rape was going on cuz she woke up and the man was in front of her doing it

so technically there should be no case cuz they were both sleeping! ha

buh_buh
12-11-2004, 11:31 PM
well just because he's asleep doesn't really change the fact that she got raped...:dunno:

camero
12-12-2004, 12:36 AM

:rofl:

Zephyr
12-12-2004, 12:46 AM
dam she must be that ugly to make u fall asleep while doing it....

Khyron
12-12-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
what's common?

Having sex when you're sleeping. I've never actually done the full deed, but I've been told that I can sometimes start groping my woman and still be sound ass asleep. I've read a bunch of cases (all married couples) where the husband has sex with his wife and doesn't remember the next morning. Raping a stranger seems really odd though.

Khyron

djfob
12-12-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
well just because he's asleep doesn't really change the fact that she got raped...:dunno:

this is a good point........he didn't know it but it still happened

cycosis
12-12-2004, 02:50 AM
:bullshit:

hyperwhite
12-12-2004, 03:11 AM
:poosie: "it's ok, i'm asleep :thumbsup: "

403Gemini
12-12-2004, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by hyperwhite
:poosie: "it's ok, i'm asleep :thumbsup: "

lol ill remeber to use that line next time i stay at my fiances :D lol

Ferio_vti
12-12-2004, 08:42 AM

hahaha, that sux. He's scoring and he doesn't even know it.

Seanith
12-12-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Khyron

Raping a stranger seems really odd though.

Khyron

Isn't that usually they point? :rofl:

This is kinda weird though, i don't know how you would do such things when you are asleep.. i guess guys aren't doing all teh thinking afterall :rofl:

Hakkola
12-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Believeable, a couple years ago I woke up in the middle of the night with my woman all over me, I had no idea what was going on. The next day I found out that I was the one who started it.

CRXguy
12-13-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by jaysas_63
yea a similar case in canada...this guy (in his sleep) drives down all the way across town, to his parents in law house, goes in, goes up to their room, and stabs them to death with a kictchen knife (he was holding the blade while stabing, so he cut his hand up too)....yea so he was aquitted based on the fact that he had no mens rea....and without mens rea , and actus rea u can't be charged

i remember that. it was on a&e. apparently, he was stressed out a lot with debts and a newborn. must be crazy stress if he did all that.

gorillam
12-13-2004, 01:39 AM
it's almost plausable "mythbusters" hahaha

however I am not laughing at the raping.

"Apparently" I walk/talk/and grope my gf when i'm sleeping.

I actually got woken up sitting in my truck in my garage once :>

Kinda scary actually, it's almost possible.. but he still deserves 200 lashes on the back for raping a chick.

dust-off
12-13-2004, 07:18 AM
i have walked from my room into my kitchen and crawled up on the stove and when i woke up i never remebered a thing so yes it is beliveable. and 1 time i was sleeping and my sister came and started talking to me and i told her to go get me the "computer cap" what ever the fuck that is:confused: but she bought me the keyboard"wire less" haha pretty fucke dup shit!

Nissanaddict
12-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Once I drove my mom to work, came home, went to sleep, then called her and asked if she left the van at home like I asked because I had to use it that day....she told me I drove her to work. I thought....damn.

Seanith
12-13-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Nissanaddict
Once I drove my mom to work, came home, went to sleep, then called her and asked if she left the van at home like I asked because I had to use it that day....she told me I drove her to work. I thought....damn.

Sounds like you have ADD.

ex1z7
12-13-2004, 02:09 PM
I was fixing up my house when I first moved in, went to walk upstairs to sleep on one of the beds upstairs and woke up on the stairs the next day. My legs were on the wall and my head was on another step - I've tried to reinact it when I was awake and I can't get the possition even close without slipping off..

I've woken up in the middle of someones backyard once, but that was the cause of alcohol so .... not really the same.

That's still fucked up that he raped a girl and got away. Then again, if it's at a party they were both probably drinking and possibly chattin' eachother up not knowing the others age .. The guy thought he was welcome to having sex with her and was just as surprised as her when they woke up.

:|