PDA

View Full Version : The 2004 Fake VS Real Designer Purses Thread

Stratus_Power
12-11-2004, 12:46 AM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6728251984#description

can anyone tell if he's selling the real stuff"?

wildrice
12-11-2004, 12:49 AM
um....i don't think so
kinda cheap for a burberry isn't it??
and does burberry even make scarves in that color??
:dunno:

flat out, don't buy designer stuff off of ebay
just buy from local retail dealers

BebeAphrodite
12-11-2004, 12:55 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

doublepostwhore
12-11-2004, 01:27 AM
How does a monderator get Pwned? ^^^

wildrice
12-11-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by doublepostwhore
How does a monderator get Pwned? ^^^

:rofl: :rofl:

t-im
12-11-2004, 01:37 AM
just buy it in store omg

camero
12-11-2004, 10:59 AM
I would say it is, its got the tags and everything. You wouldn't believe all the stuff I bought from eBay that were real.

EDIT: When looking at his feedback some people say FAKE! Don't buy.

Wildrice wait until your sig gets deleted by a moderator. :rofl:
"moderator ownage not allowed"

Her sig is gone too! :rofl:

fcuk_it
12-11-2004, 02:45 PM
it's fake... the real burberry cashmere scarves retail at 300+ at the burberry store... and they don't make them in that color

t-im
12-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by camero
I would say it is, its got the tags and everything.

hahaha....yes, because it has what appears to be tags it's real..muahahaha

max_boost
12-11-2004, 06:42 PM
There is also another scam on ebay. Its called "bait & switch." The seller will post pictures of the real thing, then send you a fake.

Just weighing the risks, its better to buy in the store. These are luxury items, you can't be expected to have great savings on them.

-Lyndsi

Fusion
12-11-2004, 06:49 PM
^^ Yeah true.. Just buy it in store man.. I never buy brand name stuff on ebay like Dolce Gabbana, Versace...;)

BebeAphrodite
12-11-2004, 08:52 PM
anyways, what I said above was that if it's purchased online you'll never know if it's real or not.

GingeRRRBeef
12-11-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
anyways, what I said above was that if it's purchased online you'll never know if it's real or not.

Wow, you're kinda passionate about this whole fake/real stuff aren't ya :rofl:

jaysas_63
12-11-2004, 10:25 PM
i find it pretty funny when i see/talk to ppl, whose whole lives are consumed with their friends fake gucci or LV bag...i don't really know why its such a hot topic?

BebeAphrodite
12-11-2004, 10:38 PM
Eric: not passionate about it... just find it lame...

jaysas: I dunno but none of my friends have fakes.

jaysas_63
12-11-2004, 10:42 PM
Eric: not passionate about it... just find it lame...

sorry if u misunderstood, but i wasn't refering to u asian angel:thumbsup: ...just pps in general...

eblend
12-12-2004, 01:23 AM
i bought my girlfriend a burberry wallet at holt renfrew about 4 days ago for 280 bucks, thats fine, now i look on the net and i can get one for like 180 shipped and everything.

anyone know if there are alot of fakes of burberry out there, or if this stuff looks authentic...look at the link

http://www.arealine.com/af_details.asp?item=BUR9164

thanks

project240
12-12-2004, 01:35 AM
$280 for a wallet.... wow

ryder_23
12-12-2004, 01:59 AM
i'm sure jackie (girlracer) would know.

t-im
12-12-2004, 02:00 AM
280 for a wallet isn't too shabby considering other brands (vuitton) for instance, is ~500 for a womens wallet

and if you haven't read any of the other posts lately about stuff like this, let me summarize for you.

don't bother buying these kinda things online (unless it's a reputable site) eg: eluxury or neimanmarcus (not that they ship to cad) but either then that, authenticity gets hazy

Kamen
12-12-2004, 03:32 AM
Must be the holidays, so many "brand name" threads lately...
Just remember the rule of thumb: When you buy off the net there is a possible risk. It's up to you to take it.

7thgenvic
12-12-2004, 03:50 AM
why not spend the money, and know its real, i don't trust ordering expensive brand name stuff off websites! blahh, just go to holts and spend the money if your going to!

BebeAphrodite
12-12-2004, 05:59 AM
Rest assured, you did the RIGHT thing. :clap:
$280 is a steal for a burberry wallet! You can't expect to get that great of a deal on brand name items :)
Mine broke after only 6 months tho, ha ha ha
You will never know the authenticity of anything from the net so don't buy from online unless it's something like eluxury.com (which you cant order from unless you have an american to help you)

Ferio_vti
12-12-2004, 08:37 AM
I think the only way you could did better than $280 is if you bought it outside of Canada. With our strong $$ right now, buying some high end stuff is a deal.

Give me the model number and I'll see how much it would cost here in HK.

Ferio_vti
12-12-2004, 08:58 AM
Tags mean nothing. Have you seen some of the stuff that comes out of China?? Everything from fake electronics, designer clothing, Coke, liquor, eggs... the lists goes on.

If you want real, buy it know that its real. If you don't care, then get the cheap stuff and admit its fake.

Majestic12
12-12-2004, 09:09 AM
It's funny when people wear the stuff that's so blatantly fake though.

I'd wear a Calvin Kleen shirt, or Niike shoes, just for the novelty of it.

eblend
12-12-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
I think the only way you could did better than $280 is if you bought it outside of Canada. With our strong $$ right now, buying some high end stuff is a deal.

Give me the model number and I'll see how much it would cost here in HK.

Item # : BUR9164
Designer : BURBERRY
Category : Wallets ladies
Model # : LW138/14 001
Description: BURBERRY WALLET CREDIT COIN 001 SMALL. Made of Burberry fabric and brown leather. 1 large cash pocket with Burberry logo lining inside, 8 credit card slots, Burberry London engraving inside and flip over snap leather closure. Large change compartment under the front flip over Burberry logo enlosure. Size: 4.25"W - 4"H - 1"D. Comes in a dust bag and in a box with authenticity tag.
Suggested retail Price: $170.00
Size: 4.25"W - 4"H - 1"D
Buy it now for: $ 129.99

three.eighteen.
12-12-2004, 10:39 AM
so is this shit made out of dead babies or something?

eblend
12-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Rest assured, you did the RIGHT thing. :clap:
$280 is a steal for a burberry wallet! You can't expect to get that great of a deal on brand name items :)
Mine broke after only 6 months tho, ha ha ha
You will never know the authenticity of anything from the net so don't buy from online unless it's something like eluxury.com (which you cant order from unless you have an american to help you)

what broke on yours?!! this is not good hehe, i don't want to buy something thats going to brake after 6 month..does holt renfrew have some sort of warranty?

BebeAphrodite
12-12-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by eblend

what broke on yours?!! this is not good hehe, i don't want to buy something thats going to brake after 6 month..does holt renfrew have some sort of warranty?

I have a similar one to the one that you bought and it's falling apart everywhere. The leather has fallen apart, cracked, stitching fell apart. ha ha ha, Im not that hard on things but I just don't baby any of my items because it's for use.
It's physical wear not manufacturers' defect so these things aren't covered.

kaput
12-12-2004, 04:20 PM

Neil4Speed
12-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Haha, I remember a buddy of mine going to India and going to the market.

He picked up this pretty decent shirt that was folded and said Reebok on it. It was a few dollars so he said whatever (intended on using it in the gym). Then, when he picked it up to take it to the guy, he saw under the reebok logo.. Nike, Addidas, Puma, all on the same shirt... :rofl:

t-im
12-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Things are gonna break if you use em hard, and thats the point of wallets~

and plus, if it starts to wear down, just buy a new one~

the moral of the story that's been repeated 1000000times..don't buy off the net unless you're ready to face the possibly that it could be fake, and don't cheap out, and luxury goods won't be that cheap, and....fakes are wrong

max_boost
12-12-2004, 04:44 PM

That's like me saying all my friends have real genuine Mugen/Spoon/Hamann/A/C/Hartge/Arqay etc. parts on their cars. Highly unlikely, someone has a replica part somewhere. :rofl:

RSeXy
12-12-2004, 04:54 PM
For those who want to buy their gf an LV bag but don't want to break the bank (as much) there is a new purse that was just released not too long ago. I have the feeling it will be very popular. It is the classic monogram pochette, only a much smaller version with a brass chain. Its very cute and retails here for $245. Although it can't fit much, only some credit cards, money, key and lipstick. Its meant for a small evening bag or a minimalist who doesn't need to carry a lot of stuff. Very chic though!

Just a heads up! :)

Chim
12-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Duct tape wallets > LV/Gucci/etc wallets :D

BebeAphrodite
12-12-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

That's like me saying all my friends have real genuine Mugen/Spoon/Hamann/A/C/Hartge/Arqay etc. parts on their cars. Highly unlikely, someone has a replica part somewhere. :rofl:

not of my immediate group of friends.. they may have fake items but I've never seen them carry them around and I was with some of them when they purchased it
besides their thinking is too similar to mine for them to be running around with fakes

----

and the question above as to why people buy them --> because sometimes it's nice having nice items

max_boost
12-12-2004, 06:16 PM
As for friends carrying fakes, I'd be more ashamed if my friend was a gold digger to get "authentic" bags more so than them carrying fakes. :dunno: :rolleyes: :rofl:

Toms-SC
12-12-2004, 06:45 PM
ah

p-r-i-n-c-e-s-s s-y-n-d-r-o-m-e

eblend
12-12-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
For those who want to buy their gf an LV bag but don't want to break the bank (as much) there is a new purse that was just released not too long ago. I have the feeling it will be very popular. It is the classic monogram pochette, only a much smaller version with a brass chain. Its very cute and retails here for $245. Although it can't fit much, only some credit cards, money, key and lipstick. Its meant for a small evening bag or a minimalist who doesn't need to carry a lot of stuff. Very chic though!

Just a heads up! :)

hey, any idea on the model number on this, and where did u get the 245 price from...holt renfrew?

please let me know, i want to find out the exact dimensions of it

max_boost
12-12-2004, 07:19 PM
^^

Yes it is called the "Mini Monogram Accessories Pochette." Its super tiny as it is smaller than the original pochette. The dimensions are 6.5W * 4.5H and the chain is a 6'' drop.

$245 is the CDN price and it is available at HR.

THREE40SEVEN
12-12-2004, 07:33 PM
so... lemme get this stright.
Some of you are concerned that you may get ripped off by buying a "fake" whereas the "real" product quality is poor, and your willing to pay an obscene amount of money for it?:dunno:
Fuck labels- buy quality.

eblend
12-12-2004, 07:48 PM
dayam, that thing is small, i though it would be a tad bigger, sure looks biger in the picture http://images.eluxury.com/assets_server/product/10382911/p10382911_ph_hero.jpg

Toms-SC
12-12-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by THREE40SEVEN
Some of you are concerned that you may get ripped off by buying a "fake" whereas the "real" product quality is poor, and your willing to pay an obscene amount of money for it?:dunno:

But Matt, you know you want an LV interior :poosie: haha! GET BUILDING YOUR CAR ALREADY MATT! Summers coming and I want a rematch! :)

max_boost
12-12-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by eblend
dayam, that thing is small, i though it would be a tad bigger, sure looks biger in the picture http://images.eluxury.com/assets_server/product/10382911/p10382911_ph_hero.jpg

No that is not the bag. That is called the Mini Sac HL and retails for $315USD so much more than $245CDN. And yes it is a very tiny bag as it too can only hold a lipstick, cards, money and keys.

The Mini Pochette what I am talking about is about 3/4 size of the regular pochette which is small to begin with!

Anyways, it is no longer on elux as it is probably sold out. Here is one on ebay, just to see what it looks like

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=37014&item=6727295688&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

max_boost
12-12-2004, 07:55 PM

Exactly! Louis Vuitton is quality. There are a lot of other brands that are just that, the brand and do not associate their names with quality like LV does.

t-im
12-12-2004, 07:56 PM
that mini sac is icky (i've never liked it)

that monogram pochette with chain is not bad, seeing how it's only 245

but last time i checked, the normal sized pochette is only 295

max_boost
12-12-2004, 07:57 PM
^^

True, might as well pay the extra bucks and get a bigger one for a purse. I like the mini one b/c I have a few of the regular pochettes already and I would use it to help organize my stuff in my bigger bags. A purse in a purse if you will! haha! :)

-Lyndsi

t-im
12-12-2004, 08:00 PM
haha but pochette in general is CONSIDERED a makeup bag

considered, tho it seems a bit big as a makeup bag

lalalal :)

t-im
12-12-2004, 08:05 PM

real quality is not poor
a wallet is going to rip easier then any bag will because you put more wear on a wallet by far

if a real burberry wallet fell apart that soon, a fake one will fall apat 10000x sooner

jaysas_63
12-12-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

But Matt, you know you want an LV interior :poosie: haha! GET BUILDING YOUR CAR ALREADY MATT! Summers coming and I want a rematch! :)

do they badge cars with LV interiors?....i remeber back like 4 yrs ago i was at eau claire, and in the parkin lot there was an S class, (i think S500)...and the interior was all LV, and on the back there was a "louis vuitton" badge

edit: BTW it looked so fuckin tacky i couldn't belive someone was so stupid to put money into that shit.

lv interior === new money

iceburns288
12-12-2004, 08:24 PM
WTF why would you pay 300 bucks for a wallet that breaks in 6 months? Your wallet is always in your pocket (unless you have it out to dish out more $$). I have two 20 dollar wallets that I've had for 2 years and there is no wear on either.

BebeAphrodite
12-12-2004, 09:11 PM
As for friends carrying fakes, I'd be more ashamed if my friend was a gold digger to get "authentic" bags more so than them carrying fakes. :dunno: :rolleyes: :rofl:

Hence, these people are not considered in my immediate circle of friends.. and I'd like to also make the comment that not all of my friends have brand name purses... those who do carry real, the others have guess or aldo and there's nothing wrong with that

Exactly! Louis Vuitton is quality. There are a lot of other brands that are just that, the brand and do not associate their names with quality like LV does.

Hmm.. I don't agree...
Epi leather cracks really easily (along the folds), the normal monogram discolours pretty fast (the leather), the vernis canvas has chipped for some other friends, blah blah blah
but this happens with everything, wear and tear

Originally posted by t-im
that mini sac is icky (i've never liked it)

that monogram pochette with chain is not bad, seeing how it's only 245

but last time i checked, the normal sized pochette is only 295
omg, u know ur products, ha ha ha

GingeRRRBeef
12-12-2004, 09:24 PM

Hence, these people are not considered in my immediate circle of friends.. and I'd like to also make the comment that not all of my friends have brand name purses... those who do carry real, the others have guess or aldo and there's nothing wrong with that

Wow I don't even know what to say ... Guess and Aldo ain't a brand name now?

Kamen
12-12-2004, 09:28 PM
I think she meant that as long as they are real they can be in her immediate circle of friends, be it LV or aldo. Whereas if you carry anything thats fake there is no chance of being in that circle...
Since they all think like her. Her immediate friends that is.

BebeAphrodite
12-12-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV

They are brand name but not one of those considered 'luxury' goods.

BebeAphrodite
12-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Kamen
I think she meant that as long as they are real they can be in her immediate circle of friends, be it LV or aldo. Whereas if you carry anything thats fake there is no chance of being in that circle...

When we've discussed this issue before they think they same way as I do - that's what I was saying.

Kamen
12-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Ahh ok.

They are brand name but not one of those considered 'luxury' goods.

True.

BebeAphrodite
12-12-2004, 09:37 PM

You misread my quote.. I had quoted Sam because he was talking about gold digging girls who gold dug to get purses. And I said in response that "those people" meaning gold diggers were not considered my friends.
I find gold diggers despicable whereas those who carry fakes are lame.

WhiteNikes
12-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV

:werd: 'N' I were thankin' I were tha only one.

Kamen
12-12-2004, 10:10 PM

You misread my quote.. I had quoted Sam because he was talking about gold digging girls who gold dug to get purses. And I said in response that "those people" meaning gold diggers were not considered my friends.
I find gold diggers despicable whereas those who carry fakes are lame.

So you are saying that anyone who carries fakes are lame? Even the people who just have 1 or 2 for fun? Or do you mean the people who clad themselves in fake stuff trying to pass off as genuine?

BebeAphrodite
12-12-2004, 10:30 PM

So you are saying that anyone who carries fakes are lame? Even the people who just have 1 or 2 for fun? Or do you mean the people who clad themselves in fake stuff trying to pass off as genuine?

fake passing off as real
at least an xo bag someone is carrying because they like the look of it and u know it's fake rather than someone spending a few hundred to buy a fake that looks real to say its real

Kamen
12-12-2004, 10:43 PM
I have a fake wallet I use cuz I won't need to worry about bagging on it, but when people ask I tell them it's fake.
I agree with the whole lying about authenticity thing, that is lame.
Especially when they aren't even China A grade quality goods, when the stuff looks like crap with the maroon paint on the handles running everywhere and thick as hell, etc...

t-im
12-12-2004, 10:52 PM

Hmm.. I don't agree...
Epi leather cracks really easily (along the folds), the normal monogram discolours pretty fast (the leather), the vernis canvas has chipped for some other friends, blah blah blah
but this happens with everything, wear and tear

omg, u know ur products, ha ha ha

but isn't that the beauty of monogram LV? the oxidizing? the patina of it

i think it looks better as it ages!

BebeAphrodite
12-12-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by t-im

but isn't that the beauty of monogram LV? the oxidizing? the patina of it

i think it looks better as it ages!

I don't think so, that's why I try not to buy the lighter tans and get the darker straps. The problem that I find is that it it unevenly changes colours. The handle usually doesn't turn as dark as the bottom (from leaving it around)

girlRACER
12-13-2004, 11:39 AM
I would stay away from this seller. He has had 12 negative feedback in the last month and everything he has listed at the moment is fake. ie. Prada wallets, Versace belts. I have been to the Burberry store in HK and I have not personally seen this color combination.

For those who think that you cannot buy authentic designer goods for less on eBay then you are misinformed. There are many legitimate sellers on eBay. You just have to know what to look for in the auction. It is all about sellers reputation. Holt Renfrew has an incredible markup on their prices (25-30%). I would NOT recommend buying anything Gucci, Prada, Coach or Fendi from there at all.

This is because their merchandise devalues everyday and while the flagship stores discount their items very often, the prices stay the same at Holt Renfrew. The reason U.S. sellers are able to sell it at such a low price is because they buy it at sales at hugely discounted prices. This is all true as I have seen huge discounts for these products myself.

This seller for example only sells 100% Authentic Burberry, and other brands for a good price.

http://stores.ebay.com/Praberry_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm

I have purchased from him and the products were genuine.

As for buying a Burberry scarf, there are two different kinds of scarves. The wool ones sell for $75 CAD regular price and the cashmere ones sell for around $300 CAD.

If ANYONE is considering a designer purchase ONLINE I would advise you to send me the link through PM. I will take a look at it for you. I'd hate to see someone get scammed.

t-im
12-13-2004, 03:41 PM
^ where can u get the wool ones?

B17a
12-13-2004, 03:46 PM
^^

Yes it is called the "Mini Monogram Accessories Pochette." Its super tiny as it is smaller than the original pochette. The dimensions are 6.5W * 4.5H and the chain is a 6'' drop.

$245 is the CDN price and it is available at HR.

MB, your intimate knowledge of purses is beginning to scare me! You are a guy right!?:D :D

RSeXy
12-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by B17a

MB, your intimate knowledge of purses is beginning to scare me! You are a guy right!?:D :D

Oops! It was me (Lyndsi) posting that one. Although he does know a little more about purses b/c of my incessant nagging and talking about them! hehehe

I think its Ryan and him that get to listen in on girlracer and me when we are all together. :)

B17a
12-13-2004, 04:45 PM

Oops! It was me (Lyndsi) posting that one. Although he does know a little more about purses b/c of my incessant nagging and talking about them! hehehe

I think its Ryan and him that get to listen in on girlracer and me when we are all together. :)

No no, its okay, you don't have to cover for him. The cat's outta the bag now!:D

girlRACER
12-13-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by B17a

haha...sometimes I think Sam talks about so many girly things too but then I forget its Lynsi posting.

:rofl: :rofl: I feel sorry for them both.

RSeXy
12-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER

:rofl: :rofl: I feel sorry for them both.

Haha! But they love us both! That's all that matters. ;) :rofl:

Sorry for the confusion about Sam and I posting. I am just usually at his house and just post under his account.
:)

THREE40SEVEN
12-14-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

Actually... I was thinking of using brand name hooded seal scrotum upholstery.... yeah..:nut:

It wont be much of a race if im pushing my car...;)