PDA

View Full Version : is there such thing as being to buff??

jaysas_63
12-12-2004, 08:59 PM
watch this FIRST...and then answer lol

http://www.gougoule.com/vrl/marcus-ruhl.php

EDIT: new vid for arnie fans
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=arnoldcoming.wmv

pyro
12-12-2004, 09:12 PM
jeez thats sick , there heads look so small
http://www.bigroncoleman.com/media/1999_03LG.jpg

GQBalla
12-12-2004, 09:22 PM
dsgusting

spike98
12-12-2004, 09:24 PM
That is nasty.

charizard
12-12-2004, 09:26 PM
:eek:

this might be a dumb question but is there a reason taht all these psycho steroid popping guys are so dark??

Carfanman
12-12-2004, 09:29 PM
WOW. A whole new meaning to man booobs. He must eat steroids like a tubbo eats food.

I cant imagine why someone would want to be like that.
Must be really hard to move comfortably and how can you find clothes that dont rip the second you put them on?
Not only that but ill bet thats all hollow muscle and hes nowhere near as strong as he looks. I dont see the point of being that big if you could have the same strength and be half the size but with dense muscles. Plus do chiks really find that hott? Speaking of chiks, bodybuilding chiks are fugly beyond belief.

jaysas_63
12-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by charizard

this might be a dumb question but is there a reason taht all these psycho steroid popping guys are so dark??

they are dark cause they get tanned before shows...to give them that bronze hue, i dunno i guess they think it looks good or somthing

and yea carfanman chic body builders are amazingly nasty

...btw i would bet 100 bux that this guy can't wipe his own ass:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Weapon_R
12-12-2004, 09:34 PM
That is both disgusting and unattractive in both females and males. I can understand a little bulk, but why do people do that?

Carfanman
12-12-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by jaysas_63
...btw i would bet 100 bux that this guy can't wipe his own ass:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LMFAO

project240
12-12-2004, 09:43 PM
I definitely agree that these guys have completely overdone it, but I do have a lot of respect for them. Anybody know how much dedication and hard work goes into competing in a contest such as Mr. Olympia; let alone what they put their bodies through (dieting, sodium decrease, hydration)

I would never want to look like this, but I have tons of respect for those who choose this way of life.

rahim
12-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by charizard

They tan so they still look defined under those bright lights

And I can't speak for ruhl, but colemans big 3 (DL, squat, bench) total over 2200lbs, wouldn't really call him hollow.

djayz
12-12-2004, 10:16 PM
they look like machines
its digusting but hey thats their living and they get payed for it i guess...

DUBBED
12-12-2004, 10:40 PM
Yeah coleman does 550 warmup on bench.

Imagine how long it takes to build lats like that. Fucking insane I tell you.

Wildcat
12-12-2004, 10:49 PM
ronnie colman is the guy in the middle, 6 time mr. olympia. and hes strong as fuck, he can incline press like 5 plates a side. bb's arent "hollow", what you see is what you get.

YCB
12-13-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by DUBBED
Yeah coleman does 550 warmup on bench.

Imagine how long it takes to build lats like that. Fucking insane I tell you.

ronnie does like 500 normal bench.. not warm up

and about 4 plates/side for incline

mcshow
12-13-2004, 01:50 AM
wow, that German in the video is just huge
you definately have to give them the respect they deserve, cuz what they go through is nuts, but just overdone
all the girls i have ever talked to say its just sick, they would never date anybody that big
but its gay, cuz they say there is a fine line between being ripped and being too big
i just don't get it somedays

Wildcat
12-13-2004, 07:39 AM
ya, rhul is is fucking stacked, but he so disproportional... the poor guy never wins. my personal favorite bb is jason cutler.

project240
12-13-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
ya, rhul is is fucking stacked, but he so disproportional... the poor guy never wins. my personal favorite bb is jason cutler.

*Jay Cutler*

JeremyD
12-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Wow. Ruhl needs to cut down his shoulders and his waist. Despite the 6 pack the dude has a gut or a distended belly. Those shoulders look like he has basketballs there instead of muscles.

I don't think Ronnie Coleman or Flex Wheeler are too far out. Sure their body fat is lower than what most normal people sit at. If they were to add a little body fat I don't think they would be too out of place in every day society. Proportionally they are fine. Although Flex wheeler is barely over 230 and is known for his almost perfect symetry.

Ruhl would have problems.

rahim
12-13-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by JeremyD
dude has a gut or a distended belly.

I don't think Ronnie Coleman or Flex Wheeler are too far out. Sure their body fat is lower than what most normal people sit at.

The gut is from all the GH they take, coleman almost looks pregnant now, its pretty nasty, and about them passing for normal, in the off season coleman is 5'11" around 330lbs 10%bf, you would definatly notice him, big as a house.

Chim
12-13-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by rahim

The gut is from all the GH they take, coleman almost looks pregnant now, its pretty nasty, and about them passing for normal, in the off season coleman is 5'11" around 330lbs 10%bf, you would definatly notice him, big as a house.

I thought Coleman competed at 310ish, and went way higher than that in the off season?

Anyways, Stan Mcquay is my favorite. He shows what a skinny little asian kid like me can potentially become one day :thumbsup:

rahim
12-13-2004, 06:19 PM
competes at 287
www.ronniecoleman.com/contest-results/2004-mrolympia.htm

Wildcat
12-13-2004, 06:36 PM
yah, these guys are like 50-60lbs heavier in the off season, its funny. rhul definetly needs to cut more.

*jay, jason.. same thing*

jaysas_63
12-13-2004, 07:12 PM
just wondering...what are these guys lifespans, like there has to be some MAJOR health risks associated with popping all that GH....i really don't think that our bodys where made to be that big, and it must result in some sort of problems, i'm guessing heart related?

YCB
12-14-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by jaysas_63
just wondering...what are these guys lifespans, like there has to be some MAJOR health risks associated with popping all that GH....i really don't think that our bodys where made to be that big, and it must result in some sort of problems, i'm guessing heart related?

we'll just see how long arnold lives for :rofl:

Kamen
12-14-2004, 01:44 AM
:rofl:

But yea, they can't even walk normally anymore and it looks like their wrists and ankles are gonna break :rofl:

~Leah~
12-14-2004, 02:05 AM
Yeah that shit is gross!!

Mckenzie
12-14-2004, 10:01 AM
Most chicks I know cant stand guys that are super buff. Most of them think it looks too unnatural and that they spend too much time in the gym.

jaysas_63
12-14-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by YCB

lol .....but u know this sport has really changed from arnolds time...like arnold wasn't half as big as these guys, and thats because he buffed up the natural way right?...i just can't see these guys pushin 50, with there hearts having to pump so hard, moving the blood to all that muscle

sputnik
12-14-2004, 10:05 AM
The problem with guys that are that big, is that they have ZERO cardio.

Sure they can bench 550, but after a few reps they are completely gassed out.

davidI
12-14-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by YCB

Arnold didn't abuse drugs like a lot of modern bodybuilders do. He's already done more in the last 50 years than most of us will ever do in a lifetime :dunno:

Being huge isn't for everyone, it's not something I think I would be able to do. I respect those guys though because they are more motivated, dedicated and inspired than most people who sit back and just offer judgement.

rahim
12-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Most of them probably do at least an hour of cardio a day in the on season, sure its low intesity but if they ran at 300lbs their knees would be done in a few months.

I'm not sure that most BBers could even bench 550, Ronnie can bench 550 but it not a just a few reps at 550, its also 5x495, 10x405, 12x 315, 15x 225, and a light warm up of 20x135. Probably not many powerlifters that can do that, and he doesn't even train for performance.

rahim
12-14-2004, 12:31 PM
and arnie definatly wasn't natural, but he wasn't a monster like the guys today, arnie is like 6'1 and ronnie is 5'11 btw

quiksilver_182
12-14-2004, 02:37 PM
wow, arnie looks built, ronnie looks like the side of his cheast and legs are deformed, thats so nasty, and look at the face, ronnies sqeezing so hard, arnie looks like his just flexing a bit

B17a
12-14-2004, 02:48 PM

Actually its cardio that makes them cut (that and massive dehydration before a show!), but you don't burn fat lifting weights.

YCB
12-14-2004, 02:51 PM
i have both ronnnie coleman videos.. the unbelievable (2000 Mr olympia) and the cost of redemtion (2003 Mr olympia).

In his videos it shows him working out, eating CARDIO.. driving his viper, hummers etc..

if anyone wants it.. pm me..

then you guys can actually see what he does, how much he benches, eats etc..

B17a
12-14-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
Most chicks I know cant stand guys that are super buff. Most of them think it looks too unnatural and that they spend too much time in the gym.

ITs funny you mention that, over the years I've noticed an interesting observation. The vast majority of body builders I've seen and/or wannabe body builders (the guys who wear those dumb ass tie die pants and shirts with the neckholes cut out), anyways, the vast majority of the aforementioned guys have fugly fat girlfriends! I've theorized on this for a while and have not come to a conclusion as to why. Is it that good looking girls just are that impressed? Maybe its just Calgary BB's who are like this!?

jaysas_63
12-14-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by rahim
and arnie definatly wasn't natural, but he wasn't a monster like the guys today, arnie is like 6'1 and ronnie is 5'11 btw

i'd say arnold looks buff but not like that guy next to him, and deffinatly not like that rhul guy i posted the vid of...these body builders nowadays are way to fuckin big

JeremyD
12-14-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by quiksilver_182
wow, arnie looks built, ronnie looks like the side of his cheast and legs are deformed, thats so nasty, and look at the face, ronnies sqeezing so hard, arnie looks like his just flexing a bit

That is all technique and experience. Coleman is relatively new to the sport yet. He may change yet.

Although maybe that is why Arnold is still the king. As far as I know no one has come close to beating his record.

Wildcat
12-14-2004, 04:58 PM

That is all technique and experience. Coleman is relatively new to the sport yet. He may change yet.

Although maybe that is why Arnold is still the king. As far as I know no one has come close to beating his record.

the 2004 mr olympia was colemans 7th consecutive. arnold got his 6th when he was 28 then retired, coleman is 31 i think.

edit: Lee haney won it 8 consecutive times from 84-91

jaysas_63
12-14-2004, 06:12 PM
all this talk of arnold has reminded me of this vid:

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=arnoldcoming.wmv
(click where it says to, u'll love it)

jaysas_63
12-14-2004, 06:14 PM
....guys he's "cumming" day and night:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

davidI
12-14-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by B17a

ITs funny you mention that, over the years I've noticed an interesting observation. The vast majority of body builders I've seen and/or wannabe body builders (the guys who wear those dumb ass tie die pants and shirts with the neckholes cut out), anyways, the vast majority of the aforementioned guys have fugly fat girlfriends! I've theorized on this for a while and have not come to a conclusion as to why. Is it that good looking girls just are that impressed? Maybe its just Calgary BB's who are like this!?

Maybe it's just that a lot of the guys who workout are cocky, egotistical pieces of shit. I've noticed that about a lot of people with nice cars and lots of money too....they should get good looking chicks but they don't.

I don't think any of that shit matters if you can impress a girl...and if you have those skillz, you don't need to be buff or have money. I workout because it gives me confidence around chicks (which they love) and it never hurts to have a girl wanting to rub her hands all over you :dunno:

rahim
12-14-2004, 07:07 PM
i think the tie die pants hurt their chances too

Chim
12-14-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by davidI

Maybe it's just that a lot of the guys who workout are cocky, egotistical pieces of shit. I've noticed that about a lot of people with nice cars and lots of money too....they should get good looking chicks but they don't.

I don't think any of that shit matters if you can impress a girl...and if you have those skillz, you don't need to be buff or have money. I workout because it gives me confidence around chicks (which they love) and it never hurts to have a girl wanting to rub her hands all over you :dunno:

Not all people work out just to the "get good looking girls." It really sounds like you're saying its the ONLY reason people work out, but I could be wrong with that assumption.

For me, I work out because I feel it gets me respect. When I was a skinny little kid, my opinion really didn't matter and was treated as such. It's a bit different for me now, and if you haven't noticed some of the people who command the highest respect in society are athletic sports players.

Wildcat
12-14-2004, 11:51 PM
ya right, girls like big boobies as much as we do :rofl: :rofl:

kiwi
12-15-2004, 01:12 AM
So, what happens when these guys are like, 80? Will all the muscle turn into flab?

davidI
12-15-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Chim

Not all people work out just to the "get good looking girls." It really sounds like you're saying its the ONLY reason people work out, but I could be wrong with that assumption.

For me, I work out because I feel it gets me respect. When I was a skinny little kid, my opinion really didn't matter and was treated as such. It's a bit different for me now, and if you haven't noticed some of the people who command the highest respect in society are athletic sports players.

No, I didn't say guys work out to get chicks. I just said that working out builds confidence which in turn gets you chicks. Same reason you feel you get respect, you're more confident. I was just responding to the guy who said guys who workout only get ugly chicks with the fact that if a guy is overconfident, then he's probably looked upon as a cocky prick and not many chicks like that.

JeremyD
12-15-2004, 08:35 AM
the 2004 mr olympia was colemans 7th consecutive. arnold got his 6th when he was 28 then retired, coleman is 31 i think.

edit: Lee haney won it 8 consecutive times from 84-91

He actually had 7 titles according to his website. He came out of retirement in 1980 ( I think it was) and won his last Olympia. He also had 4 or 5 Mr Universe titles as well. I am not sure if anyone has a combined total of more titles than he yet. But I could be wrong.

BloodBaneZXY
12-15-2004, 01:17 PM
Markus Ruhl is so jacked..but like wildcat said he won't ever win because of a lack of proportionality, his delts just tower over his tris..but he's still a hero.

As for the ronnie and arnold debate, BB'ing has changed significantly in the past 30 years, now it's all about mass mass mass, as opposed to being aesthetically and symmetrically perfect. And yes, pretty much every IFBB pro juices...

Wildcat
12-15-2004, 01:50 PM

He actually had 7 titles according to his website. He came out of retirement in 1980 ( I think it was) and won his last Olympia. He also had 4 or 5 Mr Universe titles as well. I am not sure if anyone has a combined total of more titles than he yet. But I could be wrong.

ya he came out of retirement in 1980 and won, that was the most contreversal mr. olympia ever, here's a quick summary haha;

Held in the thrilling spectacle of the Sydney Opera House in Australia on Saturday, October 4th. Prejudgin was at 2pm. Bill Pearl was the IFBB Head Judge. It was held on the same weekend as the famous Muhammad Ali - Larry Holmes title fight in Las Vegas, which Ali lost. Arnold entered the contest in the last 24 hours, to the surprise of many, who wondered why would he want to try and destroy his perfect record. After the Olympia, Frank Zane asked Arnold why he came back to compete, and Arnold said "To get back at Mike Menzter and Boyer Coe. To show them they can't get away with knocking me and my training". Arnold wanted to show them that you could go into the Olympia on a very positive note without criticizing others, and win.

Before the contest, an ultimatum, in the form of a petition, signed by all of the competitors, except Arnold, read 'The following Mr. Olympia competitors are in favor of abolishing the two weight classes, and replacing them with one open class." The message in the petition was implicit: one class or no contest! However, Arnold would not budge, and the meeting between the bodybuilders and the judges got quite ugly, almost violent as 15 bodybuilders turned against Arnold. Finally, Joe Weider got involved, talked to Arnold, and Arnold withdrew his objection. The Mr. Olympia event became a one class contest again.

The judges for this contests were Reg Park, Mits Kawashima, Albert Busek, Dan Howard, Brendan Ryan, Jacques Blommaert and Mike Walczak. Before the contest, no one complained about the judges. Afterwards, well.... lets just say this was one of the most controversial Olympias ever. Arnold was not in his best shape, and the 15 other competitors knew it. Even Arnold realized he was only in 90% shape.

When the top five were called out, things started to get bad. Mike Menzter in 5th place. The judges had to be joking. Mike was in the prime of his bodybuilding career, better than last years Olympia. Mike would say later "So ludicrous was the decision that, really; all I could do was laugh. I will tell you, somebody out there really wanted me crushed out completely". Boyer's reaction was a little different. "Is there no justice" Boyer demanded to know as he sent chairs flying into walls. Frank Zane accepted his trophy with a calmer demeanor, yet later shattered his trophy into hundreds of pieces by hurling it to the asphalt of the opera house parking lot. Dickerson accepted second place with a sharp "Oh no", and vanished into the night.

And Arnold. Arnold was boo'd by over 40% of the 2000 fans in the opera house. All 15 competitors are unanimous in their beleif that slecting Arnold was a bad decision on the part of the judges. Even the CBS Sports crew were shocked, expecting Mike Mentzer as the champion. Even Bill Peark (who did not vote), said he would never have picked Arnold.

Wildcat
12-15-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by kiwi
So, what happens when these guys are like, 80? Will all the muscle turn into flab?

ill bet the farm they wont live past 70.

Tyler883
12-15-2004, 02:54 PM

That's BS. Many body builders spend as much time on cardio as they do lifting weights.

Sure, they may not be well suited for the boston marathon, but I'll bet their cardio and respiratory systems are top notch. I wish I had their level of aerobic endurance.

Also, body builders being muscle bound and slow is myth. Show me a football player, and I'll show you someone that can run a 100 yards in 10 seconds or less.

abyss
12-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by kiwi

Not if they keep exercising, Hulk Hogan looks less flabby than other 80 year olds...althought the tanning has made his skin look like leather..ew...wait, he's like 80 right?:dunno: :D

Tyler883
12-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

ill bet the farm they wont live past 70.

Isn't arnold already knocking at 70? How old is he now?

jaysas_63
12-15-2004, 08:14 PM
he was born in 47...so hes not even 60 yet

JeremyD
12-16-2004, 09:41 AM
Steeve Reeves lived to 74 and Reg Park (born in 1928) is still alive. Tho they weren't a big as Arnie generation let alone the current gen of body builders.

Arnie's generation are all in their 50s. Mike Mentzer passed away but I haven't heard about the rest. Many of them don't look a lot different just a bit older.

davidI
12-16-2004, 12:59 PM
^ Those guys didn't abuse juice like the guys do these days. They took laughable amounts compared to what the freaks of our time consume!

doublepostwhore
12-16-2004, 10:54 PM
Just imagine whats next if this is now, and tehn was laughable!

They will be graphting muscle tissue gm'ed to beable to expand hold more water, then prolly remove teh heart and install an apparatus.

These guys being machines... its not out of the question... yet