PDA

View Full Version : Power door lock problem....

Chiggles
12-13-2004, 02:59 AM
Yo, yo. New to the forums here; been lurking around awhile but now I've got a question. As it gets colder, for whatever reason my passenger side door lock seems to get stiffer to move. My driver's side has no problems, and since both are powered, they should both click and move in sync when I control the lock on the driver's side, right? Well, when I go to lock/unlock the doors with my driver's side switch, I can hear that the passenger side lock still clicks inside, but it doesn't seem to follow through all the way; I still have to manually reach over and push the switch over a bit more to make sure it actually locks/unlocks. Even with my keyless entry, I still have this problem, and it seems to get even harder to move and requires more force in the winter as it gets colder. Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?? What do I do to fix it, and does anyone know how much??

Honda_Chick
12-13-2004, 10:42 AM
seems like your acuator in your passenger door seems to be going

Phuqu
12-13-2004, 08:04 PM
Sounds about right. Time to either clean it and lube it or just replace it.

We might be able to give you a price if we knew what you drove.

Chiggles
12-14-2004, 01:16 AM
95 Mazda MX-3 GS. Does anyone know how many screws I'd need to take off and where they are located so that I can actually get the door panel off to try and lube/clean my actuator?

gtkane
12-15-2004, 08:50 PM
Don't lube the actuator or linkage rods;they work best dry.

Oil or grease acts like glue when the temp. drops.

Graham

djayz
12-15-2004, 08:53 PM
clean them with some rubbing alcohol if you manage to get it open.