PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Bmw E24 M6

socalsupra
12-13-2004, 05:10 PM
http://www.buysell.com/bestoffer/viewoffer.asp?id=30672918

what do you guys think of this?

Weapon_R
12-13-2004, 05:11 PM
Pretty cool for a few mins, but I think you'd be FAR better off investing your money in a newer BMW. These old ones had their time but they are no where near as refined as the newer ones, and they aren't that fast either. Rare, but thats about it.

t-im
12-13-2004, 05:15 PM
they were cool back in their heydays...but...it just looks too old...TOO 70's and 80's..and not in a good way (E30's look better imo)

socalsupra
12-13-2004, 05:33 PM
im thinking of it as an investment, its worth much more than what hes asking

t-im
12-13-2004, 05:39 PM
^..ehh............that's debatable

I persoanlly don't see it as being an investment......but that's just me

off topic..

off the top of my head, the only recent car I can think of as an investment is a Defender 90..

FlySi
12-13-2004, 05:50 PM
I dont think so. ive seen them for under 10,000 so the price of it is pretty fair. its not really worth much mroe than that and cars are never an investment

FiveFreshFish
12-13-2004, 06:33 PM
Condition is probably questionable. Normal asking for one in excellent condition is >$20k.

Here's one that was advertised back in 2003.

socalsupra
12-13-2004, 06:55 PM
i called the guy last week, he said the car was perfect and was repainted, but overall condition was excellent, 2nd owner, so i think thats a cheap price compared to others

Weapon_R
12-13-2004, 06:58 PM
repainted? That's your first indication.

socalsupra
12-13-2004, 07:07 PM
almost all cars that are 18yrs or older dont have their original paint, if its is original paint than its dull as shit and if its prefect and glossy the car must be a ferrari or a car that anybody would baby and was always garaged and never sat in the sun.

Weapon_R
12-13-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by socalsupra
almost all cars that are 18yrs or older dont have their original paint, if its is original paint than its dull as shit and if its prefect and glossy the car must be a ferrari or a car that anybody would baby and was always garaged and never sat in the sun.

All the best in your purchase. I hope you enjoy the vehicle if you decide to purchase it. :dunno:

t-im
12-13-2004, 07:18 PM
But I hope you don't see it as an investment and expect to make money off this car

socalsupra
12-13-2004, 07:23 PM
maybe in the summer or keep it if i like it

BMDUBS
12-13-2004, 07:59 PM
Nice car, but expensive as hell to maintain. This car seems to be a US car so watch for proper import papers. I have had a few 6 series cars back in the day. Make sure that the car is rust free, especially the fenders. As it is claimed to be repainted, inspect the repair work carefully for quaility as trying to put right a substandard body job is rediculously expensive. Fenders are over a G new. The motor in this car also needs to have its timing chain and tensioner replaced by this point so look for service records indicating this. Be sure to get a prepurchase inspection done by a local garage such as Sheni's Auto Trend as he has vast experience with sixers. Especially leak down and compression tests. As far as I am concerened, this car with close to 200,000km is not going to be a very good investment but should be a great drivers car. The price seems fair but be prepared to spend $$$ as it is an Mcar.

jaysas_63
12-14-2004, 01:25 AM
unless u have quite a bit of money to pay for the maintenice that this car will need in the future i would stay away....this car has just about 200K on it as said by bmdubs, and i doubt any M car was "lightly" drivin, so i'm just saying be prepared to pay quite a bit in repairs

and one other thing...this is pure speculation, but usually owners of classic m cars like the e30 M3, or this M6 know a lot about their cars, including the market for their car, so if he is selling this cheap mabye there is a prob with it??...so i would definatly recomend a mechanic check it out.....

GT4rally
12-14-2004, 07:17 AM
That car has been for sale for a long time... I remember seeing it at least 6 months ago in the Autotrader. If he's having trouble selling it, you might be able to get the price down even more!