PDA

View Full Version : Whats it called...

CryoCarnage
12-13-2004, 08:40 PM
What's it called when you press the clutch and after turn your foot so that the brake pedal is pushed down by your toe and accelerator by the heel. Can't remember what it's called.

Strider
12-13-2004, 08:43 PM
heel-toe

marq-jt
12-13-2004, 08:44 PM
heel-to-toe

http://www.g2ic.com/tegtips/driving/1.html

GQBalla
12-13-2004, 09:08 PM
what they said ! nice diagram marq-it~!

gorillam
12-13-2004, 09:19 PM
I prefer sidefoot, most cars have them close enough that you can just sidefoot it, I dont find I have as much control with actually "heel toeing" kinda acquard.

Go4Long
12-13-2004, 09:51 PM
the problem with "sidefoot"ing(I am assuming you mean like you are catching the brake with like your big toe side of your foot and gas with your pinky toe side) is that you have a much higher possibility of your foot slipping of the brake pedal and if that happens you just end up mashing the gas...which is not so good while you are trying to deccelerate...heel toeing takes a lot of practice to get used to turning your foot properly...and is even harder for people in my size category(6'4" size 13 feet) because my knee is already up near the steering column, and my feet are kinda crammed into the whole pedal area down there...but in the end you are much safer, and have a lot more control over how much accelerator you are adding to the equation as you can actually nail the gas all the way to the floor with your heel while still keeping your toes firmly in place on the brake...
hard thing to really practice...as ideally you are doing it up in the revs and are decelerating very quickly(think road course here...you would be deccelerating for a corner) so you have to be going fast and be able to deccelerate without causing an accident...you can always do it in traffic to a lesser extent(slower, and lower revs to begin with means rather than having to go up say 1000 rpm per shift you only need to go up like 500), but doing it fast through the gears is a lot harder...