PDA

View Full Version : eagle talon 92 for $5000???

_MD_
12-13-2004, 10:14 PM
hey there fellaz... a buddy of mine has this offer... he's selling his eagle talon (actually plymouth laser, but it's pretty much the same model) '92 for $5000... i was wondering if that's a reasonable price... cuz it's not a turbo model and the age... is fairly old... now this is what is included in the deal:
-original 17' viper rims
-pioneer dvd player (two slots)
-600W rockford dual channel amp
-2x12' subs
-umm... bunch of interior neon lightning.
-new driveshaft, alternator, bat.

to be frank with you, if those accesories were to be sold separetely, there's 2-4 grand right there (depends who you sell it to.. :P ) but still... i'm contemplating whether or not to do this purchase, cuz i know that since the car is pretty old, it will be a money drainer... what do you think guys?

p.s. i drive a civic 91 at the moment (bought it for 2k last year) and now spent around a grand on top... so i know how it is to drive an old shitbox... but since i got into an accident, it won't even be worth 1.5k... :( i'll still try to sell it for 1.5k... but i need some feedback on that plymouth...

thanks alot... ;)

_MD_ ProductionS

Weapon_R
12-13-2004, 10:18 PM
That's actually too expensive. I've seen better equipped Talon TSI's for around 5-6k in that year.

tsi_neal
12-13-2004, 10:21 PM
well personally id trash all the audio equipment within hours of signing the papers... and that leaves me with a car that i wouldnt pay a dime more than 3k for

ill put it this way MINT tsi awd cars fetch around 7k, reasonable ones 5-6. and your buddies isnt a tsi, let alone AWD and hes asking an amount that reflects one. So unless you care about audio :dunno: and neon :barf: then this car is a rip

_MD_
12-13-2004, 10:28 PM
yeah... but see.. there is a catch... since this is his only car, he would take my old civic back (cuz he needs to get to work somehow) so basically we agreed on me paying over only 2.5k... in other words i would sell my civic for 2.5k... ain't that sweet?!

also, tsi_neal, i didn't really catch what u meant "well personally id trash all the audio equipment within hours of signing the papers... "

tsi_neal
12-13-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by _MD_

also, tsi_neal, i didn't really catch what u meant "well personally id trash all the audio equipment within hours of signing the papers... "

Id pull it out, it adds extra weight, is a theft target, and doesnt do a damn thing for me. I have other priorities with my vehicles than how much i can annoy my nieghbours with the "thump thump" that a loud stereo makes...

BumpinTalon
12-13-2004, 11:07 PM
unless that audio equipment is a really really good brand... you have to realize that audio and neons are completely worthless post-purchase, so what your buddy thinks will add $3k to his selling price is actually worth dick all. not to mention wiring problems that he might have caused that will cost thousands of dollars to fix (because burnt wire harnesses = $$$ to replace).
I'd pay $2k, tops. and we don't even know the mileage yet.

SteveMo600
12-13-2004, 11:24 PM
I agree with all of the above posts...it is very difficult to sell any stereo, lights etc. additions used. I would definitely not pay $5000 for the car. My guess is that you'll end up putting much more into that car in the future. If you specifically looking for a Talon then I would check out CycloneAWD's talon that he has for sale. It's a nice ride and I guarantee it's in better shape than the one you want to buy.

Either way...good luck with whatever you decide to buy.

_MD_
12-14-2004, 07:06 AM
lol... well, as i replied ealier, why don't you guys consider that trade-in deal? that way, i'm selling my civic (as mentioned before, after accident it won't be worth more than 1.5k) and paying only 2.5k on top... so for 2.5k i think it makes it reasonable, right? at least i get to get rid of my junk for a good price.

A lilttle more about the talon: the engine is rebuilt (as he says, he spent another grand on that) so the original mileage is not important (which is about 230k)...

oh, i'm assuming this is a canadian forum so all the currency i'm talking about is in CND...

One more thing... i know that he already has buyers even for the prices he's asking... so even if i do buy this talon for 2.5k, my thinking is that i'll most likely sell it for 5... or better yet, add turbo (hey, what does tsi stand for anyway?), bodykit, and even sell it for 7?! ... post your thoughts guys... ;)

heavyD
12-14-2004, 08:49 AM
I paid $7K for a mint 1992 TSi AWD (built in March 92, yay 6-bolt) with 155K. It took me 6 months to find a worthy 1G. I wouldn't have paid a dime more if it had a DVD or just a cassette player as accessories like stereos don't add anything to the value of a used car. Original mileage does count because it means more wear & tear on the chassis, body, electrical components, rust, etc.

EK 2.0
12-14-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by _MD_
One more thing... i know that he already has buyers even for the prices he's asking... so even if i do buy this talon for 2.5k, my thinking is that i'll most likely sell it for 5... or better yet, add turbo (hey, what does tsi stand for anyway?), bodykit, and even sell it for 7?! ... post your thoughts guys... ;)

NO ONE will buy your ESi with a turbo on it for 7, when they can find TSi's with mods for far less...so have fun trying to mod up your ESi Spilner, and trying to curb it...

2.0turbo
12-14-2004, 03:23 PM
You could easily find a tsi awd for the same price. Way overpriced. For an additional $2000 you could get Arif's car.
Modded to hell and awd.

BumpinTalon
12-14-2004, 03:48 PM
fact of the matter is, ESi Talons are practically worthless if they are older then 1995, and even if they are the newer generation, they aren't worth much unless they are really low mileage... like mine ;)
sound systems are worthless if you sell them in your car. tell your buddy to take it out and sell it that way, then he can get some of his money back.
neons are worthless anyway.
so let's take the sum of the parts here:
Worthless 1992 Esi Talon + Worthless Sound System + Worthless Neons = Not A Whole Lot, Definitely nowhere near $5k, barely even $2k (240,000km!!).