PDA

View Full Version : Re-Tinting Windows

Speed_69
12-14-2004, 12:54 AM
my civic currently has 5 of the windows tinted and i was planning on removing the two front window tints.
My question is if i want to re-tint my rear windows tint to a darker shade at a professional tint shop..will my rear defroster lines still be there or will they be removed?

cavb0i
12-14-2004, 01:13 AM
it will always b there.

hockeybronx
12-14-2004, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Speed_69
my civic currently has 5 of the windows tinted and i was planning on removing the two front window tints.
My question is if i want to re-tint my rear windows tint to a darker shade at a professional tint shop..will my rear defroster lines still be there or will they be removed?

One crappy thing is that they will charge you a little extra to take the tint off.

I'm the opposite of you, I wanted to take off the light tint from my front windows and change it to a darker medium tint, however it was going to be extra to remove the tint on each window so I said screw it.

Jatt87
12-14-2004, 08:08 PM
remove the tint ur self use a heat gun and heat up the tint then slowly peal it off

Tyler883
12-16-2004, 01:36 AM
be careful with that heatgun, most of them will melt solder in the lowest setting ( about 850 deg F).

if you get too close, or let yourself get distracted for a few moments, you might find yourself with a meltdown or cracks.

RiceCake
12-16-2004, 09:11 AM
Use a hair dryer to remove the tint:) Works well, and careful not to scratch the glass when trying to peel off the tint... :thumbsup:

euro tang
12-16-2004, 09:32 AM
Ya man, don’t use a heat gun, they get way too hot. I used a blow dryer and it worked perfectly fine. The tint came off very smoothly and in one piece.

Start by heating an edge of the tint and begin to slowly peal away at it. It’s best if you can get a buddy to help you so that one guy can heat the tint while the other pulls it off.

DuPont
12-16-2004, 09:12 PM
If the tint has been on there for a long time, it won't peel as nice as new tint. Ususally gets shredded up, and shit sticks to the glass.
Ammonia works really well at removing any left-over glue and tint.

LittleAngel
12-18-2004, 11:50 AM
carefull when removing tint off the back window, could really screw up those deforst lines... otherwise, tint is pretty simple to take off, just peel off the tint part, then use windex and razorblade to take off the glue