PDA

View Full Version : best place to buy clutch pedal setup

cressida_pimpin
12-14-2004, 07:54 PM
hey im swaping a supra 5 speed tranny into my cressida and i was wondering where i should go to get a clutch pedal installed or even just get the parts

CelicaST-162
12-14-2004, 07:58 PM
1. Pick Your Part 2. Parts car

cressida_pimpin
12-16-2004, 05:08 PM
how much u think it would be to get done by a shop?

redline
12-16-2004, 05:10 PM
more then that hunk of shit is worth...

DonJuan
12-16-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by redline
TRU DAT! But if you get a freakin fast 4 door sleeper in the end props! Please tell me that your also spending as much money on the engine?

CelicaST-162
12-16-2004, 07:06 PM
Ok, First thing is my post invisible or something? Cressida Pimpin', you wanna do this 7M thing get ready to start do some researching and get your hands dirty. If you dont know much about cars, go steal an automotives from any high school. Because so far, all your posts are " I wanna do this 7M swap so I can beat mustangs yadda yadda." If that's your objective, dont bother. This kind of swap isnt an easy and if your getting a shop to do this shit, may as well bend over!

Vic

SUPRAPHAT
12-16-2004, 07:28 PM
Don't waste your time trying to mate a 7m with a Cressida. Not worth the time and money. Just go straight to the source and buy a Supra!

Oh and I hope you have deep pockets. You'll need em'

Jason

finboy
12-16-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by SUPRAPHAT
Don't waste your time trying to mate a 7m with a Cressida.

cressida isn't as heavy and looks better :thumbsup:

dieselpower91
12-16-2004, 08:09 PM
You shoulda bought Whitetrash101's 5spd parts car! everything you'd need, tranny, pedal assembly everything!!!

CelicaST-162
12-16-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by dieselpower91
You shoulda bought Whitetrash101's 5spd parts car! everything you'd need, tranny, pedal assembly everything!!!

I am breathing down his neck for his 89:D

mx73someday
12-16-2004, 10:52 PM
Don't listen to these people, the Cressida is a great unique platform. 7M/5 speed swap is not an expensive project if you do your research right.

I got my Cressida clutch pedal from an internet parts search website (I wish I could remember the website). It listed all the US wreckers that were wrecking 5 speed Cressida's, so I emailed them all and asked how much, one got back to me. They sold it to me, and I got a boltin clutch pedal.

The 5 speed Cressida was only offered in the US.

finboy
12-17-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by mx73someday
Don't listen to these people, the Cressida is a great unique platform. 7M/5 speed swap is not an expensive project if you do your research right.

I got my Cressida clutch pedal from an internet parts search website (I wish I could remember the website). It listed all the US wreckers that were wrecking 5 speed Cressida's, so I emailed them all and asked how much, one got back to me. They sold it to me, and I got a boltin clutch pedal.

The 5 speed Cressida was only offered in the US.

i have that website somewhere in my favorites, i'll track it down tommorow.

i even found bellhousings that make it possible to bold my 2.5 dodge to a supra tranny :eek:

cressida_pimpin
12-17-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by redline

considering it seems like u dont even have a car. just bikes, why dont u shut the hell up. just because i dont want to be like any other ricer out there and buy a civic (nothing wrong with them) im getting flamed for this?

Dirty_SOHC
12-17-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by cressida_pimpin

considering it seems like u dont even have a car. just bikes, why dont u shut the hell up. just because i dont want to be like any other ricer out there and buy a civic (nothing wrong with them) im getting flamed for this?

Sorry I would take my rice out civic anyday over a cressida:burnout: :burnout:

finboy
12-17-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Dirty_SOHC

Sorry I would take my rice out civic anyday over a cressida:burnout: :burnout:

personal opinion, i'd sooner take a turbo cressida over a civic any day, it's different in the good way :burnout:

DonJuan
01-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Yeah, it's always good to be DIFFERENT, like the DIFFERENT kid in school with the suspenders, thick glasses, and member of the math club. The same is true for cars. everyone wants to be a little UNIQUE, but not completely DIFFERENT.