PDA

View Full Version : Selection Process at SAIT

AznDragon2004
12-15-2004, 11:13 AM
I applied to electrical engineering and just received the second letter telling me that i have met all the requirements to be considered for the first round of selection in Electrical Engineering Technology.

I don't know what they mean by first round selections?

Can someone that has applied to SAIT for the 2004 - 2005 year help me out.

I phoned customer service and the lady said she wasn't quite sure.
:thumbsdow

seer_claw
12-15-2004, 12:53 PM
Apparently electrical is a pretty competitive program to get into. Lots more people apply than are accepted so they typically have a couple rounds of selection to fill the classes. You applied early and got into the first round. I think that the second round is for all those students that are coming out oh high school and don't have all their marks.

At least that is what I was told about Civil Engineering Tech when I applied.

Speed_69
12-15-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by AznDragon2004

I phoned customer service and the lady said she wasn't quite sure.
:thumbsdow
That's pretty stupid for a customer service representative at Sait to not even know what it means, she should be fired!

Ajay
12-15-2004, 02:45 PM
For high demand programs like that they usually have a few steps before you actually gain acceptance.

I have a friend who applied to the NMT (Nuclear Medicine Technology) program at Sait and he went through the same thing. He received notice saying that he was selected for the first round of selection and they later called him for an interview. In the end he didn't get accepted to Sait for that program but the University of Toronto did.

AznDragon2004
12-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Can I wait till end of June to send in my marks because right now I want to upgrade my physics mark.

Also do i have to send in interm marks?

AznDragon2004
12-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
For high demand programs like that they usually have a few steps before you actually gain acceptance.

I have a friend who applied to the NMT (Nuclear Medicine Technology) program at Sait and he went through the same thing. He received notice saying that he was selected for the first round of selection and they later called him for an interview. In the end he didn't get accepted to Sait for that program but the University of Toronto did.

I'm just curious. Why is there a interview?

Ajay
12-16-2004, 12:16 PM
There was an interview for his particular field because the training they provide you with is VERY specialized. Basically they want to make sure you have what it takes before they admit you into that field, they don't want to waste their time training you if you're not going to do the job properly.

AznDragon2004
12-16-2004, 01:16 PM
So what will they be asking you basically?? Like do u got computer knowledge?

Ajay
12-16-2004, 03:06 PM
I dunno if you'll have to do an interview for the program you're trying to get into. I just know he had to do it and they basically asked him about his interests and why he chose that field, career objectives, previous grades and work experience....stuff along those lines.

AznDragon2004
12-16-2004, 03:28 PM
ok thanks for the help