PDA

View Full Version : heart-warming moment

BumpinTalon
12-15-2004, 06:37 PM
was parked at Crowchild Trail & Stoney Trail NW, my light was green to head east on Crowchild. saw an ambulance coming up into the turn lane heading east to turn left onto Stoney (light was red), and I thought "damn everybody's going to just sit in the turn lane and not get out of his way, and everyone will just keep going straight and not give a way for the ambulance."
and then a Porsche Cayenne S hauled ass up onto the median, it looked so rough the speed he did it at, his front left tire came right off the ground, let the ambulance through, and everybody heading east stopped and gave the ambulance a clear drive.

god damn, it's about time I saw somebody give an ambulance right-of-way. usually everybody just goes on driving and doesn't get out of the way. seeing a guy, especially in a $150,000 Cayenne S, do something like that was pretty sweet. there still are good people left in the world.

Skylinelover
12-15-2004, 06:39 PM
That was nice. Last person i would think to do that.

But they are probally a doctor driving that. :rofl:

jaysas_63
12-15-2004, 06:40 PM
ya ppl don't understand that someones life is at stake!...like a few minutes could really save the person

crazydave
12-15-2004, 06:47 PM
good to read about!:thumbsup: and yes i agree about it probly be the doctor

GT2NV
12-15-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Skylinelover

But they are probally a doctor driving that. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: haha so true

SOAB
12-15-2004, 06:52 PM
could've been an injury lawyer :D

t-im
12-15-2004, 07:16 PM
becaue cayenne S cost 150,000 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

nismodrifter
12-15-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by t-im
becaue cayenne S cost 150,000 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

does it really matter what it ACTUALLY sells for?? :dunno:
the price just helped to help get the point across dood...

BumpinTalon
12-15-2004, 08:21 PM
they aren't $150,000?

t-im
12-15-2004, 08:24 PM
try almost half that

Cayenne - 58

Cayenne S - 78

Cayenne Turbo - 130

isn't it illegal to not yield to an ambulance
or no

Shampoo Suicide
12-15-2004, 08:33 PM
isn't it illegal to not yield to an ambulance
or no

Probably, and if its not it should be. But if there is a cop there they will probably be heading the same way the ambulance is and not going to be able to stop and give you a ticket.

Zero102
12-15-2004, 09:19 PM
It is, it's obstructing an emergency vehicle, but unfortunately, most people don't give a crap about ambulances... cop cars, they ticket you, fire trucks, they're just big and scary, but ambulances, they can wait.... NOT.

Good to hear a Porsche owner doing something right =)

That.Guy.S30
12-15-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Skylinelover

But they are probally a doctor driving that. :rofl:

thats probably the only time that SUV will get any "offroadin" action. lol

cloud7
12-16-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs

thats probably the only time that SUV will get any "offroadin" action. lol

haha, I think you're right :thumbsup:
don't think he would be mounting the curb if he was driving a Porsche 911 ;)

2.0turbo
12-16-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
then a Porsche Cayenne S hauled ass up onto the median, it looked so rough the speed he did it at, his front left tire came right off the ground, [/B]

Probably didn't even feel like a bump. Don't they have 20" tires or something like that.

ecstasy_civic
12-17-2004, 06:08 PM
thats my biggest pet peeve,
people that dont move out of the way for emergency vehicles.

I actually got out of my car and yelled at a lady for not moving, stupid bitch, just sat there and looked at it coming right behind her:guns: :guns: :whipped:

kaput
12-17-2004, 06:13 PM

talon2nv
12-17-2004, 06:27 PM
ok say you had a lowered car with body kit and all , nice body kit and whole car painted not just slap on body kit, would you jump the curb and crwash your kit???

That.Guy.S30
12-17-2004, 06:41 PM
^ no but you can always move your car to the side. there is always more than enough room for an exrta car. gotta love calgary roads

schurchill39
12-18-2004, 02:23 PM
Yea I agree with you its ncie to see people *no matter what their driving* pull over to allow the ambulance through. People who dont are just ignorant. What would they do if they were the ones waiting or the ambulance and there was some ass hole holding it up.

dankish1
12-20-2004, 05:20 AM
darr mcbool drives a Cayenne... i got out of my car at the block buster in brentwood and looked up and there he was.. standing there so i shook his hand i think i kinda creeped him out because he didnt really say anything.. and i think he might have been a little chocked my car set off his alarm

^SkylinE^
12-20-2004, 01:08 PM
THis is great:rofl:
When going lights and sirens old people always panic and slam on there breaks and risk us ramming them. Others will change to the lane that were in for lack of paying attention. But when at a red light and you know the ambulence is comeing up behind you you know that you can pull into the intersection so long as its safe to do. Thats what i hate most. I drive a lower car and there is now way im jumping a curb but i always manage to get out of the way.

Oh and don't follow the ambulence at mach 10! right after they pass you:banghead: :whipped:

abyss
12-20-2004, 01:28 PM
I was on Barlow, and in the right lane, everyone in my lane pulls further to the right, except for the guy in front of me who pulls left and blocks the whole path we all just made :banghead: :guns: how can people be that unobservant!! he would've almost been better just not moving at all!