PDA

View Full Version : white toyota supra police car?

HondaRice
12-15-2004, 07:47 PM
hello i am been on here for a while so i just decided to register. yesterday i seen the most weirdest thing in forest lawn.

a group of police and there cars were just off of 17ave se and 44 st with the road closed.

then a white toyota supra with black rims that was being followed by another cruiser, just regular steel rims came by really fast and slowed down, the guy came out had a talk with police and when I drove me I seen some sort of a laptop in there and they started talking. then a few minutes later I turned around came back on 44 from 17 and and they all took off and the supra between.

just a warning. i mean i am not 100% sure but just wanted to warn everyone cause i seen the inditical supra at tim hortons on 52 at the meets on saturdays. like I said dont take this 100% but it seemed the toyota did a lot of serious stuff with the police.

Go4Long
12-15-2004, 07:48 PM
what gerneration supra?

HondaRice
12-15-2004, 07:51 PM
it wasnt the newer fast and furious one, so the one before. that one, but i think its like your avatar icon, i dont know much about them. it was BLUE inside

Go4Long
12-15-2004, 08:00 PM
my avatar is my RX7 so I doubt this supra looked like that...I am assuming you mean like this(photo jacked from car domain):

djayz
12-15-2004, 08:56 PM
dont think a cop would be driving around in a supra...especially not in calgary
could have been someone who had a lead or something or just the suspect.

jaysas_63
12-15-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by HondaRice
hello i am been on here for a while so i just decided to register. yesterday i seen the most weirdest thing in forest lawn.

a group of police and there cars were just off of 17ave se and 44 st with the road closed.

then a white toyota supra with black rims that was being followed by another cruiser, just regular steel rims came by really fast and slowed down, the guy came out had a talk with police and when I drove me I seen some sort of a laptop in there and they started talking. then a few minutes later I turned around came back on 44 from 17 and and they all took off and the supra between.

just a warning. i mean i am not 100% sure but just wanted to warn everyone cause i seen the inditical supra at tim hortons on 52 at the meets on saturdays. like I said dont take this 100% but it seemed the toyota did a lot of serious stuff with the police.

AHAHHAHAH...the cops are infiltrating the calgary "underground street racing scene"

me thinks they got there idea from fast and furious

Chim
12-15-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by jaysas_63

AHAHHAHAH...the cops are infiltrating the calgary "underground street racing scene"

me thinks they got there idea from fast and furious

To infiltrate that scene, the cops would need a few undercover minivans and maybe a family sized sedan here and there ;)

dieselpower91
12-15-2004, 09:55 PM
it was unmarked?
are you sure it's not the RX-8?

jaysas_63
12-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Chim

To infiltrate that scene, the cops would need a few undercover minivans and maybe a family sized sedan here and there ;)

ok when u said that i almost pissed my pants, it reminded of one of my friends, he kept tellin me to come with him to these gatherings...in his dodge caravan LOL omg it was great...he drove that thing like it was an F1 car ahahha

jaysas_63
12-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by dieselpower91
it was unmarked?
are you sure it's not the RX-8?

i don't think it is humany possible to mistake that year of supra, for an rx-8

edit : sry for the dbl post

HondaRice
12-16-2004, 12:16 AM
Go4long,

yes it was like that , but it was all white one color with black rims. it looked all stock.

For the rest of you, no i am not making this up and if you look at his avatar if your your not a rsx freak it sort of looks like the supra expically when its small.

jaysas_63, it was a supra for sure, go4long avator sot of looks like a supra to me.

I am very sure it was undercover cause they all made eye contact and and talked and ALSO the police use another known toyota cars also they use marked police cars that are supras in other countries it seems along with the 300zx

also i dont want to be flamed or anything i am not a car expert like most of you on here but this is what I seen and i am just trying to share. and I know for a fact it wasnt a suspect. looked like a car with with black hair, white skin and very secretive offical looking.

Chiggles
12-16-2004, 12:40 AM
WTF?? Seriously? Man, I've only been gone for about 2 months since my last visit back home, but nobody I know has ever mentioned that yet. I still know a few people living around Forest Lawn and Penbrooke but it's never come up. That's actually kinda funny. Will have to keep an eye out for it next time I come home. ;)

HondaRice
12-16-2004, 12:46 AM
yes Chiggles. do you know anything about it? as i am really curious.

Chiggles
12-16-2004, 01:15 AM
Can't say that I do... like I said, bro.... this is news to me. Pretty surprised actually. Didn't think the city would invest in something like that cuz it could start upsetting some people if they feel strongly about where their tax dollars go towards. I'm sure some would consider it another example of unnecessary investments/expenditures. Crazy....

HondaRice
12-16-2004, 01:58 AM
yeah i dont think a 10 year old car costs that much compared to other under cover newer cars. they are up to something for sure. but who knows. i been doing a lot of google searches and all i bought up was that supras are used in some coutries as police cars, and inspector gadgets car was a supra when it wasnt a minivan and the fast an the furious, as it seems. so something is up .

Chiggles
12-16-2004, 02:32 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Inspector Gadget and the Supra style Gadget-mobile!! That's old school; it didn't even occur to me when I made that comment that there was a relevant reference to it. LOL. Too funny.

HondaRice
12-16-2004, 03:25 AM
yeah its all too interesting, everything is starting to fit together

CalgarySupra
12-16-2004, 04:31 PM
i heard something about this at a supra meet about 3 weeks ago. "damn street racers"

RB25DET
12-16-2004, 04:54 PM
Has it crossed anyones mind that it could have just been an off-duty police officer???

Go4Long
12-16-2004, 05:53 PM
they have done this before...taken out a "normal" car to the street races, used a body mic to record plate numbers and car information, then sent out summons's. I believe the total last year was 15 summons from labor day weekend...