PDA

View Full Version : Movie Cars for sale

civicguy2002
12-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Check out all the movie cars for auction. Cars from Fast and the Furious and the Wayne's World.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/12/16/pf/autos/pacer_auction/index.htm?cnn=yes

dieselpower91
12-16-2004, 01:18 PM
They should take the Pacer and put it in the new Fast and Furious! :rofl: It's cooler than any of the other cars!

shakalaka
12-16-2004, 02:22 PM
lol, some cars are going for like 1.2 million and they arent even that good!

sputnik
12-16-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka

The car going for 1.2 Million is the prototype Shelby. It's a one of a kind. How can you say that its not that good?

BerserkerCatSplat
12-16-2004, 02:27 PM

Wow. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Man, if only I had 1.2 mil kicking around... a Shelby prototype, it just doesn't get much cooler than that.

Props to whoever originally stole the car, so it avoided the crusher!:D

digitalshogun
12-16-2004, 02:39 PM

Stupid Sunflowers! Why would I want a painting by a crazy dead dutchman with a hacked up ear? 40 Million for it? All it is is canvas and paint though ... and it's not even that good

1.26 Million for a Babe Ruth bat? The guy was fat and stuff not to mention that bat has been used! Bats back then were not even that good compared to today.

:rolleyes:

gorillam
12-16-2004, 02:50 PM
mmmmm shelby

DonJuan
12-16-2004, 06:51 PM
lol, some cars are going for like 1.2 million and they arent even that good! I know! What a piece! It's like 42 years old! Who would want that?:rolleyes: I should put that 1.2 mil in a CRX!:thumbsdow

SilverBoost
12-16-2004, 11:46 PM
Don't buy a movie car unless you have a Jay Leno type facility to park it in so you can tell all of your friends, Hey, did you know, this is the car from "....."

Movie cars are (9 times out of ten) scrapped together pieces of junk.
i.e. some of the GTOs in the movie XXX for instance, were not even real GTOs

Some of the guages and instruments inside were only made from aluminum cups and other junk because you never see it up close anyhow.

They are mostly just like the actors.... when you see them up close with the make-up off it's a whole different story. :tongue:

http://UltimateGTO.com/movies/xxx/67xxx00.jpg

JordanLotoski
12-16-2004, 11:49 PM
i wouldnt pay 1.2 million for a shelby anyting....dont care if its one of a kind.

SikAssR1
12-16-2004, 11:53 PM
My bet is that Jay Leno will be at that auction bidding on the Shelby.

TomTom
12-17-2004, 12:55 AM
id pay 1.2 mill for that shelby somthing i seen build from clay on TLC or discovery, god that was sweet

shakalaka
12-17-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

The car going for 1.2 Million is the prototype Shelby. It's a one of a kind. How can you say that its not that good?

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSpl

Wow. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Man, if only I had 1.2 mil kicking around... a Shelby prototype, it just doesn't get much cooler than that.

Props to whoever originally stole the car, so it avoided the crusher!:D

Originally posted by digitalshogun

Stupid Sunflowers! Why would I want a painting by a crazy dead dutchman with a hacked up ear? 40 Million for it? All it is is canvas and paint though ... and it's not even that good

1.26 Million for a Babe Ruth bat? The guy was fat and stuff not to mention that bat has been used! Bats back then were not even that good compared to today.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by DonJuan
I know! What a piece! It's like 42 years old! Who would want that?:rolleyes: I should put that 1.2 mil in a CRX!:thumbsdow

I mean the looks arent that good. That too if you are into those kinda cars then yea. I dont like the looks of it.

digitalshogun
12-17-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
i wouldnt pay 1.2 million for a shelby anyting....dont care if its one of a kind.

Do you have 1.2 million kicking around that you don't need? If not this statement is somewhat with out merrit but then again even if I did have the money, I am pretty sure I wouldn't buy it either (not quite my style) but the point is that someone most likely will.

Price is an estimation of worth or value and value is simply what people are willing to buy it for. If you don't think that there are people out there willing to get unique and rare items like a prototype Shelby you have a tenuous grip on reality. Is the price too high (ie. faulty estimate)? If so probably not by much.

DEATH2000
12-18-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by TomTom
id pay 1.2 mill for that shelby somthing i seen build from clay on TLC or discovery, god that was sweet

Why would you pay 1.2 mil for a car made of clay? The car on show you are talking about is the Shelby GR-1, it was shown on Rides (yes, on TLC).

eeseen racing
12-18-2004, 05:02 PM
^ the car was made from clay meaning they desighned it all from a clay model not still made out of clay haha

preludeprincess
12-19-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT

Werd