PDA

View Full Version : Laci Peterson question

GingeRRRBeef
12-17-2004, 01:11 AM
I got a question for the medical people in this place.

I was watching the Laci Peterson documentry on channel 26 tonite and I just noticed the police report when they found the bodies. The police specifically mentioned they found 2 separate entities, the baby and the dismembered body.

So, my question is, can a dead body give birth to a child? I was under the impression that a mother's contractions was the birthing factor. Without it, how can a baby be expelled from the mother body? I know that a mature baby is able to survive sometime even after the mother's passing but is there a natural, pure physiological mechanism that allows the baby to give birth to itself?

If not, does it not raise suspicions about how there we 2 bodies found?

Melinda
12-17-2004, 01:19 AM
I could be hugely misinformed regarding this case, but wasnt the baby cut from lacy?? as in a really amature c-section?

GingeRRRBeef
12-17-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
I could be hugely misinformed regarding this case, but wasnt the baby cut from lacy?? as in a really amature c-section?

can't tell ya ... I don't know either ... all I know is that they found the baby first and then the dismembered body.

I think it's kinda odd for someone to kill the mother and then perform a c-section on her.

Or ... did she die because of the c-section?

But then that raises other questions.

Like c-section and dismemberment at the same time don't really make sense, however, when you're dealing with lunatics, you can't say what makes sense or not.

And if the 2 bodies were already separate at sea, what would the odds of the 2 bodies, very different in size an weight, be that they are carried to shore a relativity close distance apart from each other.

If the head and limps were dumped at the same starting point, would it not share the "same" path and end up at the "same" spot?

Melinda
12-17-2004, 01:32 AM
All good questions, maybe google it and find out?

TDA
12-17-2004, 01:15 PM
What I read in the papers at the time was that since the body was at sea for some time, there was some significant decomposition of the body of the mother so the baby got seperated...

GingeRRRBeef
12-17-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by TDA
What I read in the papers at the time was that since the body was at sea for some time, there was some significant decomposition of the body of the mother so the baby got seperated...

Ok if that were an explanation, then I'd have to ask:

And if the 2 bodies were already separate at sea, what would the odds of the 2 bodies, very different in size an weight, be that they are carried to shore a relativity close distance apart from each other.

If the head and limps were dumped at the same starting point, would it not share the "same" path and end up at the "same" spot?

Primer_Drift
12-17-2004, 02:53 PM
Man this is a morbid thread.. I think the tidal factors had a lot to do with where the bodies + parts washed up. They believed she was attached to an anchor of cement with some sort of line that eventually seperated (I believe) her head from her body after decomposition had set in.... so I think the odds are pretty good they would wash up close to eachother.. at least within the search area.

GingeRRRBeef
12-17-2004, 03:11 PM
I don't know how credible this is but ....

http://www.findlaci2003.us/ne-autopsy-report-9-8-03.html

If it is, I suppose that answers a lot of my questions