PDA

View Full Version : Vince a New Jersey Net

hustler
12-17-2004, 04:00 PM
well it looks like its almost official VC for mourning, eric and aaron williams...don't know how everyone will take it thought I would have rather seen that trade with Portland go down then this, I don't think the new guys will like the idea of who they are playing for, especially alonzo

B17a
12-17-2004, 04:06 PM
Not sure how Zo is going to like this trade, he wanted to go to a contender!

guessboi
12-17-2004, 04:33 PM
I like the trade, especially vince is not doing ne thing in TO. plus and he is pretty much not a team player ne more. also 2 first round picks from this trade. wicked. :thumbsup:

saiyajin
12-17-2004, 04:45 PM
ah fuk i dont like this trade Zo is out of his prime...no dice toronto!!

RiCE-DaDDy
12-17-2004, 04:55 PM
well we get draft picks, thats the main plus

I hope NJ SUCKS CRAP well they always did anyways!!!!!!

Think bout it this way. VC is straight up GARBAGE NOW!!! The longer the raps wait the worse it gets! Best thing to do now is cut the losses.

its kinda funny, 5 players for carter :rofl:

yea, zo is probably unhappy and eric williams is upset too

ill say it again, RIP VC :(

GingeRRRBeef
12-17-2004, 05:36 PM
It's disappointing that a player that "caliber" is getting traded because the team not longer wants him. A superstar should be traded only because he wants out and not because he's not a contributor anymore. Sad Carter ... sad. You're a sorry excuse for an athlete, bad example as a competitor and an even worse role model.

I despise him even more because he still lead the east forwards for the all-star game. People are oblivious to that fact that Vinsanity is no more and Vince will never repeat what happened at the 2000 All-star weekend will ever again.

GingeRRRBeef
12-17-2004, 05:37 PM
Compare VC to Kobe, even though Kobe got all this off-court soap opera, VC is nowhere near the basketball player kobe is.

GingeRRRBeef
12-17-2004, 06:01 PM
It's official now

http://www.nba.com/nets/news/carter121704.html

davidI
12-17-2004, 06:24 PM
I heard the Knicks had a better offer on the table. Carter/Rose for Hardaway and Thomas would have gotten the raps a lot more room under the cap.

I'm happy that VC is gone since he's a worthless piece of shit, but all 3 of those guys are in their 30's and the Raptors can't make a draft pick to save themselves. Hopefully they get something good out of the first round and the team can get their shit together.

buh_buh
12-17-2004, 06:38 PM
yeah, I agree the Knicks deal probably would've been a better deal immediately, but no draft picks. So we won't really know until those draft picks get used whether it was a good deal or not.

bigboom
12-17-2004, 07:25 PM
i think the best part is though they ahve to play as a team now. no more "superstar" so no more excuses. i always thought vince could come back but his attitude is just horrible. im curious to see how vince, rj and kidd run though...

Impreza
12-17-2004, 07:29 PM
I just wish Jalen Rose could step it up a bit, the guy has skill! just that he hasn't been playing very well.......

Are the draft picks both for next year?

A_3
12-17-2004, 07:55 PM
Good ridance. I don't really like the players Toronto got, they're all old and haven't contributed greatly in a while. Does anybody know how long those players have left under contract, I don't believe zo is cheap. I do however like the two draft picks they receieved. I guess they've got to tout Bosh as the future now...

davidI
12-17-2004, 08:21 PM
Here's a great article about Bosh benefiting from this trade.
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3257568

RiCE-DaDDy
12-17-2004, 09:53 PM
I wonder what kind of trades raps will get from rose. They could probably package Zo and rose together.

Si_FlyGuy
12-17-2004, 10:46 PM
Great trade...Eric Williams has been playing well lately. I think the Nets got fleeced.:) Reminds me of the Lindros trade...almost.:) Raps just got way bigger!

hyperwhite
12-17-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
I wonder what kind of trades raps will get from rose. They could probably package Zo and rose together.

i heard that the heat were interested in rose. maybe we could get shaq :D

wildrice
12-17-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by hyperwhite

i heard that the heat were interested in rose. maybe we could get shaq :D

um.....why would toronto get shaq if they just got alonzo??
and no one would be stupid enough to trade off shaq for rose

newayz,
i think this is a great move by the raptors
bosh and woods can learn from alonzo,
they get some draft picks
and some not so bad players

GingeRRRBeef
12-17-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by wildrice

newayz,

almost anybody is better than carter ... he ain't doing shit ... don't shoot, don't dunk and worse of all, don't play no defense ... your O game can be off some nites, but you should never be off your D game cause defense is all about effort.

SteveMo600
12-17-2004, 11:50 PM

newayz,

I definitely agree...the raptors got some quality players out of the deal. They need to start building a good overall team and stop relying on one quality player. That's the only way they're going to end up becoming competitive with other top teams.

hockeybronx
12-17-2004, 11:50 PM
I see shades of Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne here. Star player with his 'less than average' team goes to a bigger more competitive team and stinks the place up.

Kariya - 51 games played - 36 points?
Selanne - 78 games played - 32 points?

WTF? I realize they are automatically going to have a smaller role on a bigger team, but I really see the same thing happening to Vince. I predict many, many, many injuries in his future:tongue:

hyperwhite
12-17-2004, 11:53 PM

i meant trade alonzo and rose

Team_Mclaren
12-17-2004, 11:59 PM
im happy that JR stayed... If he step up he's a great leading player... just like back in the days with Pacers

Si_FlyGuy
12-18-2004, 12:00 AM
no way zo and rose are worth that much. At least rose is playing well tho...I hope they trade him before he cools down.

buh_buh
12-18-2004, 12:00 AM
I doubt Zo will hang around TO for long.
If he's unhappy about being in Jersey, he definately won't be happy in TO.

hyperwhite
12-18-2004, 02:10 AM
all of this coulda been avoided if they just hired Dr. J :cry:

buh_buh
12-18-2004, 02:11 AM
yeah, but Vince sucking was inevitable.
I don't think a franchise should let a player make personnel decisions for a team like that. Who owns who here?

davidI
12-18-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
I doubt Zo will hang around TO for long.
If he's unhappy about being in Jersey, he definately won't be happy in TO.

I don't know if he'll even play. Babcock even said that he made the trade expecting that he wouldn't. The guy is 34 or 35.

RiCE-DaDDy
12-18-2004, 03:06 AM
I'm not so sure bout this trade. Zo, Rose and Marshall will be gone soon. So this year is a waste. Also those draft picks may be used in addition to those 3 players to make even bigger trades. The picks themselves aren't like totally awesome. Raps have Philly's 2005 pick which is protected 1-8 and Denver's 2006 protected 1-5. Also, next year's draft is pretty weak. Let's hope BabCOCK uses those picks to make some pretty good trades since we all know how good he is at drafting...*COUGH* Araujo :rolleyes:

ca2p3r
12-18-2004, 04:47 AM
terrible trade on torontos behalf

max_boost
12-18-2004, 06:02 AM
Great trade for the RAptors! They still have a very solid core, just no superstar but who cares? Vince sucks ass anyway.

habsfan
12-18-2004, 09:53 AM
i like the trade. they didnt give up any players other than vince, and got in theory 5 players back. even if they dont want to keep those players, they now have the option of stringing some trades together to get what they need.

RiCE-DaDDy
12-19-2004, 01:31 PM
http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/sonics/story/4352032p-4123627c.html

thats it, ive lost all respect...

buh_buh
12-19-2004, 01:56 PM
wow. How fucked up is that. What a sorry excuse for a professional athlete.

davidI
12-19-2004, 02:13 PM
It was obvious Carter didn't care about winning. I'm surprised he was trying to make his team lose though. I'm just happy that Carter went to a shitty team so he can continue his losing ways.