PDA

View Full Version : Stock Help

bspot
12-17-2004, 05:28 PM
I'm a n00b with stocks, but I have a stock certificate for some shit I'm wanting to sell due to it hitting an all time high.

Never sold yet, only bought. How do I turn my stock certificate into cash-money? Do I have to go to an actual broker? Where can I go so I don't get raped with fees?

bookem
12-17-2004, 08:09 PM
Just give it to me, I'll take care of it.

roopi
12-19-2004, 03:59 PM
So you actually have the physical certificates?

Weapon_R
12-19-2004, 04:02 PM
Take them to TD bank, make an appointment and see whether or not you can have someone there sell them.

I've never heard of anyone actually possessing the actual stock certificates, but you can set up a self-serve system with them and start your trading that way, and you can ask for information on how to cash in your stocks while you are there (free advice).

bspot
12-19-2004, 04:04 PM
Yup, I actually have a physical certificate saying I have x shares and with a whole bunch of anti-counterfeit things on it. I'm guessing this is out of the ordinary, because no one seems to know what to do with them...

roopi
02-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Well it isn't unheard of however it is getting rarer and rarer. If you hole the certificates you lose liquidity. If the brokerage holds the certificates on your behalf it is easier to get out of them if you need to quickly.

Sorry to bring this back up but I'm just wondering if you were able to sell and what the process actually was.

Altezza
02-07-2005, 03:40 PM
I've had share certs before. Assuming you have an trading account somewhere, just go and deposit your share certificate there on your account.