PDA

View Full Version : World juniors

hyperwhite
12-18-2004, 02:15 AM
i can't wait for this tournament to start. canadas line up has to be one of the most stacked rosters i've ever seen. the OHL's leading goal scorer didn't even make the cut. and the US has no chance this year cause fleury is busy in wilkes barrie-scranton ;) so unless jeff glass decides to score on himself i think we have a pretty good shot. what do you guys think?

habsfan
12-18-2004, 09:55 AM
canada wins gold! thats what i think.

lam-boy
12-18-2004, 11:43 AM
Canada will redeem themselves.
GO CANADA!
Every year I loveeeeeeeeeeee Christmas time because of WJHC. I remember ever since elementary, I couldn't wait for Christmas break so I can watch hockey. :D

rvd
12-23-2004, 05:46 PM
Oveckin will own canada.

http://www.jatkoaika.com/albumit/Liljaniemi2/Aleksander_Ovetshkin_Ven_j.jpg

hyperwhite
12-25-2004, 01:20 AM
STFU noob! :whipped:

last year i was impressed by crosby but he didn't seem as good as the hype but this year in the 2 exhibitions he blew me away. others in the past have been "the next one" but crosby actually plays like gretzky. he has made a couple impossible no-look passes that just boggle your mind as to how he knew they were open. its a different era now but crosby will be one of the best players of all time.

Crosby>russia

Gondi Stylez
12-25-2004, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy
Canada will redeem themselves.
GO CANADA!
Every year I loveeeeeeeeeeee Christmas time because of WJHC. I remember ever since elementary, I couldn't wait for Christmas break so I can watch hockey. :D

:werd:

GO CANADA GO!!!

2.4l
12-25-2004, 01:29 PM
welcome to the sidney crosbey domination show:thumbsup:

eeseen racing
12-25-2004, 01:37 PM
crosby will be unreal this year we only have 2 small probs this year 1st:glass is not that solid if a tender i played with him hes on and off and
2nd: jeremy collitan one of my buddies is injured and he was one of the solid players on the team but ya canada will still do unreal in this tourney as usual i predict gold

Ajay
12-25-2004, 01:38 PM
Yah I'm hoping Crosby will be able to put on a clinic.

Canada has an AMAZING team this year....so stacked and full of amazing talent. I think this year is one of the best years for Team Canada cause there's alot of depth in the team. Every single line has so much skill.

88CRX
12-25-2004, 01:47 PM
crosby is good... but so are Russians Ovecken + Malkin

dezmarez
12-25-2004, 04:21 PM
first periods over
crosby 2 points already haha

InfiniteJoy
12-25-2004, 07:01 PM
Man.. I can see Crosby just OWNING the tournament, after seeing what he did in his first televised game, just seems he will perform amazingly under pressure

hyperwhite
12-25-2004, 11:01 PM
crosby's pass on the first goal is the finest example of why the nhl needs to change the 2 line pass rule

lam-boy
12-25-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by hyperwhite
crosby's pass on the first goal is the finest example of why the nhl needs to change the 2 line pass rule
:werd:

that was fantastic. and it was great how the slovaks did it back to canada. the two line pass just slows it down.

Ovechkin and Malkin will be good players, they are gonna rock up the Tourny. I also believe Crosby will too.
GO CANADA GO!

hockeybronx
12-28-2004, 03:00 AM
I only caught the highlights of the first two games but Canada looks like they are playing amazing.

Brent Sutters attitude looks pretty impressive as well, he is a one-track mind on winning the gold. It's as if he doesn't care about anything else, and he has his players right under his wing as well.:thumbsup:

gongSHOW
12-28-2004, 03:15 AM
Sidney is amazing but Bergeron is right up there with him, the passes and shots that this guy makes are crazy, in the game against Slovakia he pulled a Gretzky off the net:eek:. Canada is deep this year, Phaneuf laying the checks, Crosby + bergeron + getzlav + Perry + the rest of hte forwards rippling the twine and Glass is a pretty solid goalie too, gold is in our sights

hockeybronx
12-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by gongSHOW
Sidney is amazing but Bergeron is right up there with him, the passes and shots that this guy makes are crazy, in the game against SUI he pulled a Gretzky off the net:eek:. Canada is deep this year, Phaneuf laying the checks, Crosby + bergeron + getzlav + Perry + the rest of hte forwards rippling the twine and Glass is a pretty solid goalie too, gold is in our sights

Agreed... although from what I've seen Richards looks like my favorite player this year.

Gondi Stylez
12-29-2004, 04:50 AM
This has been a good rourney so far! Daws has also been a soild force up front for Canada like last WJ!! Crosby.... what can u say?!:burnout:

Kirbs17
12-29-2004, 10:25 AM
3 wins 0 losses so far, with a 9 - 0 devastating win over Germany last night.... So far it looks like Canada cant be beaten. Next Game today at 2:45 pm ( i think )

dezmarez
12-29-2004, 03:38 PM
Sidney is amazing but Bergeron is right up there with him, the passes and shots that this guy makes are crazy, in the game against Slovakia he pulled a Gretzky off the net:eek:. Canada is deep this year, Phaneuf laying the checks, Crosby + bergeron + getzlav + Perry + the rest of hte forwards rippling the twine and Glass is a pretty solid goalie too, gold is in our sights

ya but u have to realize bergeron is in the NHL and sidney is still only 17 so i know bergeron is just as good but im just pointing that out...give crosby sometime in the NHL and he'll only get better

hockeybronx
12-29-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by dezmarez

ya but u have to realize bergeron is in the NHL and sidney is still only 17 so i know bergeron is just as good but im just pointing that out...give crosby sometime in the NHL and he'll only get better

I think Sidney Crosby is the next Mike Comrie... just my opinion.

88CRX
12-29-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

I think Sidney Crosby is the next Mike Comrie... just my opinion.

:werd: x 10

lol, i thought i was the only one who thinks he may be a bust. he just seems so dam overhyped and he is a hot dog :thumbsdow

can you spell alex daigle :dunno:

but who knows, he may be aight :dunno:

gongSHOW
12-29-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

:werd: x 10

lol, i thought i was the only one who thinks he may be a bust. he just seems so dam overhyped and he is a hot dog :thumbsdow

can you spell alex daigle :dunno:

but who knows, he may be aight :dunno:

He hot dog sometimes but if he is tearing it up here like he has all year in QMJHL I doubt he is gonna be a bust. The way he can walk through the elite guys at his level is amazing. they all focus on him and he still finds ways to score goals, he is amazing!

88CRX
12-29-2004, 07:33 PM

He hot dog sometimes but if he is tearing it up here like he has all year in QMJHL I doubt he is gonna be a bust. The way he can walk through the elite guys at his level is amazing. they all focus on him and he still finds ways to score goals, he is amazing!

yes true.... and many many many other have "tore" up the minors, while being overhyped and then they are busts.

you could tell in yesterdays game when he was hogging the puck that he just wanted a hat-trick... great team player eh

gongSHOW
12-29-2004, 07:39 PM
^ Kypreos doesn't count he's a moron :D

hockeybronx
12-30-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX
he just seems so dam overhyped and he is a hot dog :thumbsdow

I'd love to see him try things like that in the NHL. That is why players like Hordichuk and Roenick exist... you try that in the big leagues it'll be the last time to step on the ice.

lam-boy
12-30-2004, 01:37 AM
haha belarus owned usa HAHAHAHA
montoya is real shaky! :D

hockeybronx
12-30-2004, 01:54 AM

Hahaha, I hate the way some Europeans celebrate... they sure know how to rub it in by acting all giddy and gay and all that.

PGTze
12-30-2004, 07:06 PM
They just owned finland today 8-1

I'm glad to see Jeff Glass doing so well even though he hasn't really been tested all that much. I grew up playing hockey with the guy, best of luck to Jeff and the rest of Canada!

hyperwhite
12-30-2004, 07:50 PM

GO BELARUS!!! :rofl: haha f*@k the US. montoya is the most overhyped goalie ever, i can't believe someone wasted a first round pick on him! he had one good period! the people who thought he was a first round goalie probably also think paul henderson should be in the hall of fame. have fun in the ECHL montoya :D

colinderksen
12-30-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by eeseen racing
crosby will be unreal this year we only have 2 small probs this year 1st:glass is not that solid if a tender i played with him hes on and off and
2nd: jeremy collitan one of my buddies is injured and he was one of the solid players on the team but ya canada will still do unreal in this tourney as usual i predict gold
I grew up with Colliton too and played a few years with him. He is a good player for that line, likes the corners.

hyperwhite
12-30-2004, 10:11 PM
WTF! did anyone catch the usa-czech game? its like they all forgot how to shoot! usa lost btw :clap: :clap:

rvd
12-30-2004, 10:40 PM
Ha Petr Vrana is the man he gave Fritsche the f-bomb and got ejected from the game, can't wait till he's in NJ.

rvd
01-04-2005, 05:37 PM
And Vrana scores in OT on a breakaway to bring the Czech's the bronze. :eek:

Ed the SOHC
01-04-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by rvd
And Vrana scores in OT on a breakaway to bring the Czech's the bronze. :eek:

Made a sweet move to add.

Kobe
01-04-2005, 06:10 PM
gooo canada goo :D

lam-boy
01-04-2005, 06:25 PM
man this is gonan be so sweet!
canada will win gold. but its not gonna be an easy victory.
we all know russia has the fire power..just how strong is their d :D

WOOO GO CANADA GO!

Kobe
01-04-2005, 06:27 PM
its been 7 years since canada won right??

woo hoo dose the game start at 6 or 6:30??

A2VR6
01-04-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
its been 7 years since canada won right??

woo hoo dose the game start at 6 or 6:30??

I believe it's at 6:00.

Team_Mclaren
01-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Its at 6

and damn, that Czech's D who made that one huge dive save in OT should get a special metal or something, he won the bronze for them

Skyline_Addict
01-04-2005, 06:57 PM
woop time to watch the game

Shaolin
01-04-2005, 07:23 PM
this game is fucking sweet.. 2-0 already

hyperwhite
01-04-2005, 08:10 PM
g-g-g-goal! 3-1 :clap: these "juniors" are so damn skilled and they're just flying down the ice. there's more talent in this game than most nhl games

leutyc
01-04-2005, 08:17 PM
anyone say 5-1 1/2 way threw game?

Shaolin
01-04-2005, 08:18 PM
anyone see that hit by Dion? hahah.

Team_Mclaren
01-04-2005, 08:20 PM
he's such a machine!!!:eek:

hockeybronx
01-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Congratulations Canada, a kick-ass tournament. Makes me proud to be Canadian right now:clap:

Kirbs17
01-04-2005, 09:53 PM
That was an amazing tournament. Like one of the Broadcasters said. In his 16 years covering the tournament, hes never seen a better team. Way to go boys

gongSHOW
01-04-2005, 10:09 PM
did everything they need to do going into the game, shut down Ovechkin (hurt him so hard he left the game) and take it to them physically, good goaltending (glass :thumbsup:) and put the puck on net (got some good goals just by shooting the puck on net). Good tournament, this was truly a team that Canada should be proud of!

PGTze
01-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by rvd
Oveckin will own canada.

http://www.jatkoaika.com/albumit/Liljaniemi2/Aleksander_Ovetshkin_Ven_j.jpg

bahahahahaha

What a little bitch Oveckin is. I can understand being hurt and all, but that dude is seriously one giant idiot. After he hurt his shoulder and went to the dressing room no one had any idea what was the problem, he could have just passed it off as an equipment problem. Then when he got back to the bench he made it rediculously ovbious that he was hurt by flailing his arm around. Then he did it agian several times on the ice, didn't he know team Canada would see this? In my opinion I think the 'injury' he had was not nearly as bad as we are led to believe. Once it was clear that the Russians were going to lose he decided that he needed some sort of excuse.

And also, hell yeah that was an awesome whoopin Team Canada put on Russia :clap:

sexualbanana
01-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by PGTze

bahahahahaha

What a little bitch Oveckin is. I can understand being hurt and all, but that dude is seriously one giant idiot. After he hurt his shoulder and went to the dressing room no one had any idea what was the problem, he could have just passed it off as an equipment problem. Then when he got back to the bench he made it rediculously ovbious that he was hurt by flailing his arm around. Then he did it agian several times on the ice, didn't he know team Canada would see this? In my opinion I think the 'injury' he had was not nearly as bad as we are led to believe. Once it was clear that the Russians were going to lose he decided that he needed some sort of excuse.

And also, hell yeah that was an awesome whoopin Team Canada put on Russia :clap:

What else would you expect him to do? It's the gold medal game. He's taken a beating. A hurt shoulder isn't cool. Especially in a game like hockey. HE had to stretch it out, or at least try to work it out. Otherwise, he'd be criticized for not sucking it up.

Excuse or not, Ovechkin still had a pretty good tournament, and looks like he'll have a good NHL (or pro) career.

That Pierre Maguire's a funny character.
"IT'S A DOUBLE DION!"

abyss
01-05-2005, 12:53 PM
I only saw the last period, not too much action by Canada just trying to run the clock, but GOOD JOB BOYS! Way to prove there ain't nothing better than homegrown Canadian hockey!

2002civic
01-05-2005, 01:32 PM
great game, anyone else think pierre maguire is an idiot? you cant listen to a game with out him complaining about synergy's

sexualbanana
01-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by 2002civic
great game, anyone else think pierre maguire is an idiot? you cant listen to a game with out him complaining about synergy's

It's not Synergies in particular. He simply does not like one piece composites citing they always break, especially at inopportune times.

I think he gives pretty good analysis, he can be noticeably bias at times, and he can be over the top though.

hockeybronx
01-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
It's not Synergies in particular. He simply does not like one piece composites citing they always break, especially at inopportune times.

I think he gives pretty good analysis, he can be noticeably bias at times, and he can be over the top though.

I personally like Pierre McGuire, and I can vouch for his complaints on "one-pieces". In the last season and a half I have gone through 4 separate shafts... the blades last longer than the shafts it seems. That's an upwards of $900.00 on sticks alone:eek:

I think we've seen a great example of what happens to some players when the heat comes. When Ovechkin can't even get through this tournament, I can't imagine what's going to happen to him in the NHL if he tries all of that "look at me, hot doggin, Я сосу shit.

PGTze
01-05-2005, 02:25 PM

What else would you expect him to do? It's the gold medal game. He's taken a beating. A hurt shoulder isn't cool. Especially in a game like hockey. HE had to stretch it out, or at least try to work it out. Otherwise, he'd be criticized for not sucking it up.

Excuse or not, Ovechkin still had a pretty good tournament, and looks like he'll have a good NHL (or pro) career.

That Pierre Maguire's a funny character.
"IT'S A DOUBLE DION!"

Anyone who has ever played a contact sport knows that if you are going to try playing injured you sure as hell are going to do your best to cover it up. The last thing you want is for the other team to know exactly whats wrong with you. If you really have to stretch it or whatever you go somewhere out of sight to do it, not flaunt it for the whole world to see.

As for Pierre Maguire, I really liked his broadcasts of the games. The play by play guy for tsn did pretty well too. That's what hockey needs when the NHL gets back, new younger comentators that aren't 70 years old. The only thing that is wrong with Pierre is his infatuation with Phaneuf, goog god every 10 seconds he had something to say about how good he was. I mean I think Phaneuf is a hell of a player, but Pierre just can't get enough of saying, ' Oh what a DION!!!'

sexualbanana
01-06-2005, 03:45 AM
I've never played with the one pieces (no way I'm throwing down $900/stick), but the support for his argument is quite obvious. They do have this uncanny ability to break at the worst time possible.

Maybe Ovechkin actually hurt his left shoulder, so by stretching his right, everyone will go for it.

I agree with everything you guys say, Ovechkin may just get his ass handed to him if he doesn't toughen up, and stop show boating. But then again, a lot of young Russian players have had reputations for doing so. Federov and Bure have been known to be dicks on the ice.

hockeybronx
01-06-2005, 04:52 PM
I've never played with the one pieces (no way I'm throwing down $900/stick)

Federov and Bure have been known to be dicks on the ice.

No not $900.00 per stick. They're about $250.00 a piece plus the blades, but I agree in my experience they are not worth it.

Haha, Federov and Bure...

Federov decided money was more important than hockey so he is doing just great in Anaheim:rolleyes:

Bure, after almost being killed oh 50 or so times, decided to give up and call it a career with a knee injury.

The most important part of any hockey players body is his Heart.

gongSHOW
01-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

No not $900.00 per stick. They're about $250.00 a piece plus the blades, but I agree in my experience they are not worth it.

Haha, Federov and Bure...

Federov decided money was more important than hockey so he is doing just great in Anaheim:rolleyes:

Bure, after almost being killed oh 50 or so times, decided to give up and call it a career with a knee injury.

The most important part of any hockey players body is his Heart.

Uhhh dude the whole point of a "one piece" is that it is one piece, there is no blade puchasing it is all one stick. Just like a wood stick you would buy, they do make a difference, whether it is a $250 difference is debatable. Also what most people dont' know is that the sticks that the pros use are "professional grade", they have a thinner wall to increase perfomance, by reducing ressitance as well as reducing response time. Subsequently the break easier than the ones you and me can buy.

habsfan
01-06-2005, 09:45 PM
just to get back to the macguire commentary for a second here, did anyone else laugh histerically when he said the russians were "going down like free beers at a frat party"?:rofl:

hockeybronx
01-06-2005, 09:59 PM

Uhhh dude the whole point of a "one piece" is that it is one piece, there is no blade puchasing it is all one stick. Just like a wood stick you would buy, they do make a difference, whether it is a $250 difference is debatable. Also what most people dont' know is that the sticks that the pros use are "professional grade", they have a thinner wall to increase perfomance, by reducing ressitance as well as reducing response time. Subsequently the break easier than the ones you and me can buy.

Yeah my bad, I've used Synergy's which are one piece, but also Synthesis's which are a two piece version of the Synergy.

My attitude towards them, is unless hockey is a top priority in your life and you are playing 6 days a week or so where you can develop yourself to feel the benefits of a one-piece composite... stick to wood sticks if breaking them bothers you as much as it bothers me.

Originally posted by habsfan
just to get back to the macguire commentary for a second here, did anyone else laugh histerically when he said the russians were "going down like free beers at a frat party"?:rofl:

Yeah that was hilarious, you could tell how angry he was about the Russians diving.

My favorite from the game was "IT'S A DOUBLE DION!":rofl:

interlude
01-07-2005, 11:58 AM
I love the synthesis shaft/blade.. I own two of them, silver and yellow grip. They last a long time, and I play hockey about 3 to 4 times a week. The blade on my silver synthesis is finally breaking after maybe 30-40 icetimes. I would definetly recommend the synthesis... its worth the $320 you spend on it :eek:

hockeybronx
01-07-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by interlude
I love the synthesis shaft/blade.. I own two of them, silver and yellow grip. They last a long time, and I play hockey about 3 to 4 times a week. The blade on my silver synthesis is finally breaking after maybe 30-40 icetimes. I would definetly recommend the synthesis... its worth the $320 you spend on it :eek:

Man it's weird, exact opposite for me. When I was using the Synthesis I was playing 3 times a week, I would take good care of my sticks, I would never leave them outside in the garage in the cold, but still it snapped.

I think a lot of it has to do with shot mechanics and such, quite frankly I'm happy with wood sticks for now.

sexualbanana
01-08-2005, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by interlude
I would definetly recommend the synthesis... its worth the $320 you spend on it :eek:

I still can't justify spending $320 on a stick. But it's just because I suck though.