PDA

View Full Version : Skyline or żżG35??

NeoGearX
12-18-2004, 01:44 PM
I live in San Diego and last night I saw what looked like a G35 (the latest body) but it said Skyline. I heard of people changing their G35s to look like a skyline since they have the same body style. From what i know a skyline would have the drivers side on the right, this one was on the left (like normal US cars). So was this really a skyline or is there just not enought info to tell?

Barking_Spidre
12-18-2004, 02:07 PM
No it wasn't a skyline, they are all RHD I'm pretty sure.

Speed_Dreams
12-18-2004, 02:08 PM
It sounded like what alot of people here ( including myself ) do to make there car stand out. i put a Honda badge on my Integra and i see lots of people with Type R stickers on there civics

statick
12-18-2004, 02:40 PM
it sounds like it just has JDM badging ( since in japan that car is a skyline not a g35).

Akagi Redsuns
12-18-2004, 03:25 PM
I bet what you saw was just a re-baged G35. It is basically what the Skyline is over in Japan.......at least for the most part.

Seen a white G35 in Calgary with the Brembo package that had the Infiniti lettering on the back changed to Skyline and then a small red GT350 badge on the top right.

Seems to be the "in" thing to do these days using badging and names of the same models in other markets. Bora badges on the MKIV Jetta, Silvia badges on a regular 240SX, Trueno on a mid 80's Corolla GT-S, Efini badges on a FD3S RX-7.....etc.

On some cars it looks cool and unique, and on others.....it just seems wrong.

The other day I saw a Blue RSX with Honda symbols on it. Took me a while to figure out what was "off" with the car.

Skylinelover
12-18-2004, 03:31 PM
People were saying the g35 is the skyline and that infinity was a Nissan company.

turbo'dGSR
12-18-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

The other day I saw a Blue RSX with Honda symbols on it. Took me a while to figure out what was "off" with the car.

were they the red Type R badges?

also you can buy GT-R badges at crappy tire if you want to make your car, even crown vics!... look like skylines :D :rofl:

Akagi Redsuns
12-18-2004, 03:53 PM
It didn't have any Type-R badges on it. I was behind it for a while, looked to be lowered, decent subtle bodykit, but the center symbol instead of the Acura symbol, it had the Honda symbol with a red background.

Seen a Nissan Maxima and a Nissan Sentra with a GT-R badge on the front instead of the Nissan Hamburger.

Skylinelover
12-18-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by turbo'dGSR

were they the red Type R badges?

also you can buy GT-R badges at crappy tire if you want to make your car, even crown vics!... look like skylines :D :rofl:

Lol, I wonder if anyone suggested that to him.

George_Reyes
12-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Might want to check this out:

http://skyline2.nissan.co.jp/PERFORMANCE/coupe.html

turbo'dGSR
12-18-2004, 05:22 PM
It didn't have any Type-R badges on it. I was behind it for a while, looked to be lowered, decent subtle bodykit, but the center symbol instead of the Acura symbol, it had the Honda symbol with a red background.

Seen a Nissan Maxima and a Nissan Sentra with a GT-R badge on the front instead of the Nissan Hamburger.

yea like the red 'H' is the type R 'H', im not talkina bout the actual 'type R'. did it have clear tails, stock spoiler, buddyclub exhaust etc on this rsx? pretty sure it was my buddy u saw.
anyways, its no skyline!

statick
12-18-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Skylinelover
People were saying the g35 is the skyline and that infinity was a Nissan company.

infiniti is nissan's higher end vehicles, as lexus is to toyota or acura is to honda.

Skylinelover
12-18-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by statick

infiniti is nissan's higher end vehicles, as lexus is to toyota or acura is to honda.
I see, thanks.

iceburns288
12-18-2004, 07:28 PM
But it doesn't exist in Japan.

TypeS
12-19-2004, 12:39 AM
funny thing is, in japan, some badge their fucking skylines with "USDM" infiniti emlbems, to them it's just as unique as it is here. I almost bought a 180sx that had the emblems converted to 240sx! quite funny to see really!

same with the silvia, LOTS of japanese owners de-badge their S13 sil's completly for a clean look, wheras all of north america wants to badge the HELL out of their 240's with silvia emblems :nut:

Mosquito_R
12-19-2004, 01:20 AM

On some cars it looks cool and unique, and on others.....it just seems wrong.

The G35 with Skyline GT350 badges would look pretty cool, but the JDMization will not be complete without the proper tail lights - it's got amber instead of red blinkers on the JDM car! (I HATE red blinkers, BTW). Did that guy have a Nissan hamburger on the front grille too?

Two bad rebadging examples:
1. Mk III Jetta badged as a Bora. I laughed my ass off because the car should be called Vento! It's only a Bora if it's Mk IV.
2. An Accord labelled Inspire. On the early 90's models (CB, 1990-1993), the Accord Inspire was a 5-cylinder derivative which was a twin to the Acura Vigor. Its longitudinal engine was very different than the transverse 4-cylinder Accord.

As for the JDM - USDM trade, it's actually quite common. I've seen Japanese mags selling our half amber half clear corners for Civics and such cars. I think we should just get some international trade association happening - gather up enough owners on either side of the ocean, take parts off our cars, meet in the middle of the ocean and do a straight swap. Hmm... I wonder how much money we'll all save?! (just one of my stupid ideas...)