PDA

View Full Version : Moving 3 cars

Zero102
12-18-2004, 09:35 PM
I'm trying to move 3 non-running cars from Dallas, Texas to Great Falls, Montana. Ideally, I would much rather they were moved to Calgary, but given the cost of having a company cross the border with these 3 cars, I would much rather find something local to go down there and pick them up one by one.
If need be, there is a decent chance I can get one of the three running, and drive it back from Texas. So, if nobody can find a good way to move 3 cars, how about 2?

So far, I have quotes around $6000US. I was hoping to do this for about $2000 or so. I can be down in Texas to load the cars if it will make it any easier.

The only other idea I had, was to rent a U-Haul truck in Texas, rent a trailer with it, push one car into the truck, a second on the trailer, and drive the third, but the truck rental alone is $2000US, so it will be about $3000 by the time we drive that pig back here.

Thanks in advance for any help!

marq-jt
12-18-2004, 09:38 PM
I would help but i got no truck... i wouldn't mind going on a little road trip to montana if you do ever decide to get it shipped there or whatever... lol

Zero102
12-18-2004, 09:54 PM
That gives me a little idea, if there is somebody who owns a truck that could help us out for a good price that would be perfect too.

Hehe, there's already 3 of us going to Montana, the plan is to get all 3 running there, and cross the border in them.

Skylinelover
12-18-2004, 10:02 PM
Renting a truck here shouldn't be alot. If you are over 21.

Zero102
12-18-2004, 10:17 PM
Hmm, renting a truck here and putting 5000 miles on it does cost a lot. UHaul only seems to do hourly rentals up here.
Ryder costs around $650 + $0.15 a mile, so I'm presuming this is in US funds, but they don't mention if they can pull a trailer as well.

Unless you can get some kickass rates on trucks =)

I wouldn't mind bringing a truck down there and back, but I was just thinking for cost reasons, it might be better to rent it while down there, and just take the bus down.

Unless of course, somebody has a pickup truck (preferably with a diesel), and a trailer that can hold 2 cars, who would be willing to rent it out for a week or so. That would be just perfect.

Zero102
12-19-2004, 03:52 PM
Nobody can help out?...