PDA

View Full Version : Peake FCX-II BMW fault code tool

Kaos
12-18-2004, 10:46 PM
My check engine light came on and I have replaced my 02 sensor (about 600 km since it has been changed last).
Been reading up on it and I have checked to make sure my gas cap was on tight as well.
Everything checks out and I have no idea what to do.
I wanna purchase this tool in the near future just so I can ease my mind. I hate seeing that light, makes me paranoid.

I was wondering if any local shops carry this tool around?
I wanna buy it, just in case the light (or anything else) pops up.

in case you guys need a reference to what it looks

http://www.bimmerzone.com/images/FCT_3_nobkg_175x190.jpg

Thanx for the help... :)

Tuner1
12-19-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Kaos
I was wondering if any local shops carry this tool around?
I wanna buy it, just in case the light (or anything else) pops up.

We usually keep these in stock, both the reset tool and code reader/rest tool.

Rob

interlude
12-19-2004, 02:52 AM
my check engine light just came on too! how much is this tool?

Kaos
12-19-2004, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by E36S50B32

We usually keep these in stock, both the reset tool and code reader/rest tool.

Rob

Ahhhh shit
Why didnt I think of you first.... I knew I shouldve called in today!
Thanx ROB

Originally posted by interlude
my check engine light just came on too! how much is this tool?

I think this is made strictly for BMW's.

interlude
12-19-2004, 04:40 PM
I think this is made strictly for BMW's. [/B]

I know this tool is for bmw's.. what the hell do you think I drive? :nut:

Kaos
12-19-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by interlude

I know this tool is for bmw's.. what the hell do you think I drive? :nut:

By your name, I thought you drove a prelude or an integra. :dunno: :poosie:

interlude
12-20-2004, 11:53 AM
whats really wierd is that my check engine light came on on friday. I was going to call my friend thats the service manager at calgary bmw.. but all of the sudden the light went off sunday night.

I know its not the gas cap because the check engine light came on before I filled up. any ideas?

Glenn 328is
12-20-2004, 01:32 PM
Usually if the CEL comes on, wait a few days and if it stays on, then something is wrong. Your engine figured that what happened on Friday starightened itself out. Mine comes on during the winter occasionally when I have it plugged in. After I start the car 3 or 4 times, it goes off.... It could be your gas cap, but there are many other things and sensors that could be faulty.

omes
12-25-2004, 03:10 AM
The peake is a good tool but all it gives you is what code is logged in the DME, and be able to clear it. If you are after a bit more trouble shooting get the one from www.scantool.net, you will need a laptop though but has much better diagnostic features and lets you monitor, things like your O2 sensor voltages real time.

milk
08-12-2008, 12:32 AM
I have both Peake FCX & SRS tool. Had to buy it as an unnamed dealer would see me in 4 weeks(at that time).

If you want, I'll meet you and reset your code for a nominal fee (or food!). Have done this for a number of friends already.

I would still recommend that you pay attention to the codes & why it might've popped up, but Bimmers are, apparantly, notorious for the glitches in their software that a simple reset takes care of.

If you want more detailed info, like voltages, number of times the code's tripped, I know of a guy who can do it for you. HOwever, he charges more than the dealer! I guess it depends on how much detail you need.

Let me know if you just want it reset and wanna keep on driving.

I am in Calgary.

DC328is
09-02-2008, 09:13 PM
you have PM milkman