PDA

View Full Version : Cop smokes some car by Ranchmans

George_Reyes
12-19-2004, 12:43 AM
I was passing by today and saw a cop car all busted up. It looked like he t-boned some car. Happened on 90 ave and Macleod by ranchmans.

86max
12-19-2004, 12:44 AM
Weird, I just passed by there. Someone picked the wrong car to pull in front of lol.

600cc's
12-19-2004, 01:01 AM
i herd on the radio that the cop might be getting charged cuz he ran the intersection

Fobby
12-19-2004, 01:12 AM
they are doing an investigation to see if the cop ran the red light at a speed higher then 5km/h. If he did, he will get charged.

wildrice
12-19-2004, 01:16 AM
but is it not a possibility that he had his sirens on and was on his way to an emergency?

600cc's
12-19-2004, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by wildrice
but is it not a possibility that he had his sirens on and was on his way to an emergency?

they still have to cross goin 5km/h

wildrice
12-19-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Desi_m3

they still have to cross goin 5km/h

Oh really?
Hm...didn't know that, thanks for the info.

dj_rice
12-19-2004, 10:27 PM
Apparantly the cop was going 100 km/h when he entered that intersection

hockeybronx
12-19-2004, 10:32 PM
On 2 or 3 occasions I have seen a cop go up to a red light, and turn his lights on and without slowing down run the red light. Soon as he is clear of the light he'll take his lights off.

It's bullshit.

DUBBED
12-19-2004, 10:42 PM
This guy was responding to a fight at ranchman's, went flying through the light at 100km and smoked a cab. Like said above they're supposed to being going 5km, and from the pictures in the paper there is no way he way going less than 75km/h.

Cop should get charged hella. :thumbsdow

Go4Long
12-19-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
On 2 or 3 occasions I have seen a cop go up to a red light, and turn his lights on and without slowing down run the red light. Soon as he is clear of the light he'll take his lights off.

It's bullshit.

depending on the degree of the call they are responding to and the hour of day and what not the cops will not always run lights and sirens...if they are on their way to a life and death situation they will leave their lights on and sirens going...if they're going to the scene of a T.A. with no fatalities...they will turn their lights on only if they need to cross an intersection or something...it's not bullshit, it's prioritizing...same thing with during the day they will just leave the sirens going all the way down the street, but at 4 in the morning, you know how pissed off people would be if this cop was going down macleod with his siren going?

as for the cop hitting the guy, yeah...stupid move on his part to not be cautious when crossing intersections...

3G
12-20-2004, 12:05 AM

It's bullshit.

:werd: once i saw a cop use his lights to go threw an intersection then he pulled in Tim Hortons a couple blocks down WTF

George_Reyes
12-20-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by 3G

:werd: once i saw a cop use his lights to go threw an intersection then he pulled in Tim Hortons a couple blocks down WTF

I saw something similar 10 years back when it was Robins Doughnuts :rofl:

Fuji
12-20-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by 3G

I saw the ame thing, but he pulled into source adult on 16th

ricosuave
12-20-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Fuji

I saw the same thing, but he pulled into source adult on 16th

musta had to return a vid before the late charges added up...

tommy1223
12-20-2004, 12:40 AM

It's bullshit.

the reason they do this is because they run on certain codes. code 1-4 is different level of emergency.

Some codes allow them to respond fast without lights or siren. that is what you probably saw.

we responded to a silen alarm in a bank and first ran with lights and siren, then after a few cops got there before us, we ran at a lower level of emergency without lights and siren going fast and once we hit intersections we would just flip our lights and go through it then turn it off again.

lam-boy
12-20-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by 3G

haha I saw that once.
I was going home from school. Cop turned on the sirens, did a U-Turn and went into the parking lot of Tim Hortons

JAYMEZ
12-20-2004, 01:54 AM
^^^ Lol ive saw the same thing happen before .

Speed_69
12-20-2004, 03:21 AM

It's bullshit.

only 2 or 3 times? i've seen it like over 10 times!!! they think they have like the right to do anything they want, fcuking pissoff!!

badseed
12-20-2004, 07:31 AM
Charge that fool, he could've killed that guy in the cab easily. It would be nice to a see a cop screwed over once an awhile.:devil:

awd
12-20-2004, 12:50 PM
I always see cops blowing through red lights doing 80km/h -- gotta make it to Timmy's for the fresh crullers.

ryder_23
12-20-2004, 01:47 PM

It's bullshit.

Originally posted by Go4Long

depending on the degree of the call they are responding to and the hour of day and what not the cops will not always run lights and sirens...if they are on their way to a life and death situation they will leave their lights on and sirens going...if they're going to the scene of a T.A. with no fatalities...they will turn their lights on only if they need to cross an intersection or something...it's not bullshit, it's prioritizing...same thing with during the day they will just leave the sirens going all the way down the street, but at 4 in the morning, you know how pissed off people would be if this cop was going down macleod with his siren going?

as for the cop hitting the guy, yeah...stupid move on his part to not be cautious when crossing intersections...

Originally posted by tommy1223

the reason they do this is because they run on certain codes. code 1-4 is different level of emergency.

Some codes allow them to respond fast without lights or siren. that is what you probably saw.

we responded to a silen alarm in a bank and first ran with lights and siren, then after a few cops got there before us, we ran at a lower level of emergency without lights and siren going fast and once we hit intersections we would just flip our lights and go through it then turn it off again.

Yep, it varies on severity of the call. I remember on several occations where we were going to a "dangerous" call, lights sirens everything, going warp 10, then they'd get a call saying they were no longer needed, they'd turn off lights and just slow down. Its not uncommon to happen, and everytime someone sees this, they assume there abusing there privaledges. As well, we had a call when i was with the rcmp, and they were going without lights n sirens at over 180k.

00redLUDE
12-20-2004, 05:33 PM
Hate to say it but I bet you this police officer will not get charged. They'll find something that says he was right to go through that intersection so fast. Sucks but true. Hope I'm wrong though, would be nice to see that even police officers are not above the law.

DayGlow
12-21-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Speed_69

only 2 or 3 times? i've seen it like over 10 times!!! they think they have like the right to do anything they want, fcuking pissoff!!

How about this? A domestic call comes in. People involved have a history of assaulting each other bad. It's only verbal right now.

It's not a life-threating situation, so lights and siren is not needed, but at the same time, a quick pace is warranted. Hit an intersection, traffic is light, so you go. What's wrong with that?

Also often it is faster to drive in traffic without the lights. People are really stupid and freeze up when you are going mach 1 to a call lights blazing. Often it is faster and safer to move through traffic without the lights and clear intersections. It's all about the varables.

People here are too quick to judge.

I can't speak about this particular incident as it is under investigation, but people should be wary of what has been in the media. Not all the facts are straight yet and the situation is not as the media reported it.

kaput
12-21-2004, 01:58 AM

gorillam
12-29-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by 3G

'

wouldnt you :>

3G
12-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by gorillam
wouldnt you :>

if only I liked Timmy Ho's

Police
12-30-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by 00redLUDE
Hate to say it but I bet you this police officer will not get charged. They'll find something that says he was right to go through that intersection so fast. Sucks but true. Hope I'm wrong though, would be nice to see that even police officers are not above the law.

:werd: i bet he won't get charged, its like catching a cop casually driving around speeding over the limit without his light on by a radar gun from another cop in a speed trap, ticket? not gonna happen.