PDA

View Full Version : Gold's Gym gone under?? (canyon meadows)

Wildcat
12-20-2004, 03:07 PM
im still in lethbridge for a couple more days but my dad sent me an email from calgary saying that golds is all covered up, looks like it went under and that id probly have to find another place to work out at. whats the story? i dont know whats going on, im still at school.

Wildcat
12-20-2004, 10:32 PM
nm, i found out they were doing renovations and putting in new equipment.

:closed:

JordanLotoski
12-20-2004, 10:33 PM
shit scared me man,,,,ive got a lifetime membership at that hole

hockeybronx
12-21-2004, 01:31 AM
I did a search on Beyond, according to a couple other Beyond members Golds has gone under.

Check this thread out:
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69437&highlight=Golds+Gym

(near the bottom)

phat97yukon
12-21-2004, 02:41 AM
The one by westhills is no longer , went down a lil while ago, its now some other gym...

Speed_69
12-21-2004, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
shit scared me man,,,,ive got a lifetime membership at that hole
WTF...how much did a lifetime membership cost you?
i didn't know it was possible to a lifetime membership somewhere haha

Wildcat
12-21-2004, 02:47 AM
oh so it did go under after all. whats it called now? when i get back to calgary i need something like a 2 week punch pass for a gym. i need to find a place that offers that in the south.

KELSTAR
12-21-2004, 02:45 PM
Gold's Gym is now called Good Life... If you had a contract with Gold's I am fairly positive it will be honoured for the remaining time you had signed on for. My dad has a lifetime membership (20 bucks per month) which is safe... (at least for now!)

Just so you all know, it never closed. They are currently switching out Gold's inventory for the Good Life stuff (dad came home with Gold's dumbells ahahh) but the gym isn't going to close. This will all be done while open or overnight I suppose!

EnRich
12-21-2004, 03:38 PM
hole huh... whats with that idiot comments gain? Golds hasn't gone under... The gyms were bought out by Good Life Fitness... All the equipment is being upgraded and changed for better newer hammer strength stuff... I've had the opportunity to try some of it already, great stuff... Its all being done to serve you better

Rich

badseed
12-21-2004, 04:05 PM
I'm Glad Gold's went under, owner of Northland Gold's a dank.

Wildcat
12-21-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by badseed
I'm Glad Gold's went under, owner of Northland Gold's a dank.

the whole family is a bunch of "danks", Jaber was it?

i heard they were replacing the hammer strength equipment with life fitness :thumbsdow , im pretty partial to hammer strength, then again im even more partial to free weights.

badseed
12-21-2004, 06:09 PM
^Yeah I've alwayz been a fan of hammer strength althoug I'm not one to use machines much.

And now that you mention it I think it waz Jaber, he was so pushy tryin to get me to buy a member ship he hardly even answered any of my questions. DANK ASS!!!!!

Dope Dealer
12-21-2004, 08:37 PM
Are all Golds individually owned?

EDM
12-21-2004, 09:21 PM
^ usually however Canyon Meadow and Westhills became Good Life.

Northland is STILL Golds Gym

Dope Dealer
12-21-2004, 09:26 PM
Oh, just wondering how someone as big as Golds can be bought out. They are pretty big in the States arent they?

mwmhong
12-21-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

i heard they were replacing the hammer strength equipment with life fitness :thumbsdow , im pretty partial to hammer strength, then again im even more partial to free weights.

:werd:

Originally posted by badseed
And now that you mention it I think it waz Jaber, he was so pushy tryin to get me to buy a member ship he hardly even answered any of my questions. DANK ASS!!!!!

The white-maned guy?

He seemed pretty friendly, I chatted with him a few times about his business while his gym was under construction (about 2 years ago). Once his gym was open, he kept trying to push personal training, which I didn't really want. I did however, during one of our conversations, cave in and bought the most expensive item on his juice bar menu, the 'weight gainer' it cost like $8 or something like that. :banghead:

Originally posted by Dope Dealer
Oh, just wondering how someone as big as Golds can be bought out. They are pretty big in the States arent they?

It's a franchise like McDonalds. So it doesn't mean that the franchisor Golds itself is bought out, it's just the franchisee that may have folded under.

On a related note, I got a letter in the mail a while back reminding me to renew my membership which expires near the end of December, and it's still in the name of Golds Gym Northland. I think I'll hold off for now. :D

~Leah~
12-23-2004, 01:11 PM
Gold's Gym's can be bought out because they are only franchises here in Calgary. It's not actually GOLD's that was bought out, just most of the locations around here.

Dope Dealer
12-23-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
Gold's Gym's can be bought out because they are only franchises here in Calgary. It's not actually GOLD's that was bought out, just most of the locations around here.

Yeah I know thats why I asked if they were individually owned because I've never even heard of Good Life or whatever its called.