PDA

View Full Version : Entry Level Accounting Jobs

crazyning
12-20-2004, 07:54 PM
So, I finished an Accounting diploma at SAIT this past semester, and have started to look for jobs. No luck so far, but I really haven't been looking that hard. I know that a temp agency will get me in the door, but a permanent position would be much nicer.

Anyone got any leads on any entry level Accounting jobs? Like, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Accounting Clerk?

Also, anybody know of good websites for job searches like these ones:
Monster.ca
working.canada.com

abyss
12-20-2004, 08:00 PM
Are you a CMA? you should go around to plumbing and heating contractors, there's a TON of them in Calgary, and usually they like to contract out their accountants. I'm lucky cause I just got with a company, me and the CMA (she comes in three times a week) pretty well share all the payables & recievables, and I'm in school to be a oil and gas production accountant :nut: not even the same field!

in*10*se
12-20-2004, 08:30 PM
just look in the classifieds in the herald or the professional business classified sections....

unless ur going to go to mrc or uofc to persue a degree in accounting/business, and get a professional designation as a CGA, CMA, or CA ur gonna be an accountant's bitch for the rest of your life...

Shaolin
12-20-2004, 10:05 PM
yeah if you don't want to be a lifer, you should do a designation.

Caboose
12-20-2004, 10:18 PM
i was thinking about going into accounting for my career/job
how much is the average salary?

luder
12-20-2004, 11:17 PM
www.workopolis.ca

t-im
12-20-2004, 11:50 PM
accountants starting salary can range from 35-50

CA..I knew someone who was making around 80, and by the time she was 30, it was close to 110k

and goto a temp agency...temp work is better then no work, and it can lead to full time

EnRich
12-20-2004, 11:53 PM
temp work is a waste of good potential... If your lazy, a dead beat, with no motivation to go out there and find yourself a job, cause you can't sell yourself to potential employers you should goto a temp agency....

Rich

Pm'ed job info^

crazyning
12-21-2004, 11:54 PM
I am going to pursue a designation but first I'm going to finish the University of Lethbridge degree. I looked around a bit, and found a few openings that I'm qualified for.

Thanks for the pointers....

digi355
12-26-2004, 04:52 AM
Problem with accounting is when you article you get paid jack. When you get it you go up to 35k. You put your time in and one day you wake up to a fat 80k a year. It is one industry where there is no bell curve for income. Your poor then your rich, there is almost no in between.