PDA

View Full Version : DoNotBuyDodge.ca

DoNotBuyDodge
12-20-2004, 08:53 PM
My wife and I leased a brand new Dodge Grand Caravan in May 2003. Since that time, we have had nothing but problems with the vehicle, the dealership, and the manufacturer. The roof in our vehicle fell apart due to manufacturing defects. We are still fighting to have ongoing electrical issues resolved.

We have finally got to the point where we have put up a web site to tell others about the service we have received. Please read our story at www.DoNotBuyDodge.ca

Take care,
Brad.

Weapon_R
12-20-2004, 08:55 PM
LOL join the club.

Prepare a couple thousand each year for the transmission problems you will have at about 110,000km's. Or sell before it reaches that.

GoChris
12-20-2004, 09:49 PM
:rofl:

Ferio_vti
12-20-2004, 10:17 PM
Haha, nice site.

Redlyne_mr2
12-20-2004, 10:32 PM
Every manufacturer has problems , stop being a bitch and deal with it

wildkarrde
12-20-2004, 10:41 PM
151 days without your car, and you'd be a little pissed too.

Skylinelover
12-20-2004, 10:51 PM
The loaner vehicle was an old van that mechanics had been using to pick up parts. It had grease all over the steering wheel and the driver's seat.
When we picked up my parents car from Saturn there was grease all-over the steering wheel. :thumbsdow

project240
12-20-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Those were my thoughts too, wasn't sure if it was out of line to say so, but since it's been said, I second that.

I read through his website... especially liked the part about him suing for $100,000 plus like $20,000 in expenses....

Every vehicle has problems, some more major than others, but yours by no means being so extreme to warrant suing for that amount. Just be lucky your leasing that vehicle and never bought it.

NickGT
12-20-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by wildkarrde
151 days without your car, and you'd be a little pissed too.

I think I've got a story that walks all over 151 days. But I was actually happy about it :D

My GF's new (at the time) 2002 Focus broke down 3 times in the first 2 months of ownership. We called AMA, but it was cold that night, and they were only boosting cars, or so said the tow-truck driver that came by. There was a huge puddle of coolant under the car, so we said screw it, we'll deal with it the next day and have it towed then. It was getting late.

Anyways, the next morning we show up and the car is gone. How can someone steal a car that doesn't run we wondered. We figured it had to have been towed. But we called everywhere searching for it dealerships, impounds etc. Nothing. The insurance company attempted to find the car as well with no luck.

Immediately she reported it stolen and a couple months later collected from insurance and bought a saturn (no problems ever).

Just over a year later we get a call from the police. We then find out it was towed to wrong dealership over a year ago. Without authorization from us! I can only assume the tow-truck driver was trying to do a good deed. Because AMA had no records it was towed.

So for just over a year her car sat on the wrong dealer lot. The monkeys working at this particular dealership walked past it thousands of times. Never wondering who owned it, until i guess they did inventory. I can see how easy that would be with all the cars they have but it's still pretty lame.

But looking back. We're glad the dealership sorta stole the car. What a piece of shit..

So I guess the point of the story is..... Let someone steal the van. :rofl:

project240
12-20-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by NickGT

So I guess the point of the story is..... Let someone steal the van. :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HAHA, good idea, then he can add to his detailed history part of the website his happy ending.

Leave it running one night with the door open in a bad neighbourhood..... someone will take it.

3G
12-20-2004, 11:55 PM
We have a 1994 and it's pretty reliable. :confused:

GTS Jeff
12-21-2004, 03:05 AM
u know...i want to buy a dodge, just to piss this guy off.

Skylinelover
12-21-2004, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
u know...i want to buy a dodge, just to piss this guy off.
Lol, get a Carvan. This way you can move all your hoes to a new location in one trip.

GTS Jeff
12-21-2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Skylinelover

Lol, get a Carvan. This way you can move all your hoes to a new location in one trip. i used to have one...

Skylinelover
12-21-2004, 03:42 AM
Haha, It would of been better you have the bat mobile on the front.

GTS Jeff
12-21-2004, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Skylinelover
Haha, It would of been better you have the bat mobile on the front. theres a bat on the front if u look.

here are a couple vids:

http://www.ualberta.ca/~jkm1/outside%20beast%20drift%205.avi

http://www.ualberta.ca/~jkm1/beast%20nite%20drift.wmv

Skylinelover
12-21-2004, 03:50 AM
Jeff you made my day.

GTS Jeff
12-21-2004, 04:03 AM
dodge caravans are great. ive put 2 of them thru the craziest abuse and they both stood up like champs. theyve suffered thru everything...curb climbs, offroading, drifting, running into trees, walls, fences, shrubs, curbs, running thru ditches and getting high centered on stuff...and they just take the abuse. they stop on a dime since its easy to lock up the wheels (i have a vid of that too) and as u can see, are pretty good at attacking corners from the vids ive shown above. plus, theyre comfortable and quiet inside. if i had the money, id buy another one to use as a winter beater for sure. heres a pic of my second caravan:

Strider
12-21-2004, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by DoNotBuyDodge
My wife and I leased a brand new Dodge Grand Caravan in May 2003. Since that time, we have had nothing but problems with the vehicle, the dealership, and the manufacturer. The roof in our vehicle fell apart due to manufacturing defects. We are still fighting to have ongoing electrical issues resolved.

We have finally got to the point where we have put up a web site to tell others about the service we have received. Please read our story at www.DoNotBuyDodge.ca

Take care,
Brad.

That's quite the story, and it must really suck to be in your position...

However, I think the credibility of your real concerns are lost when you begin to trash and complain about the brakes, etc on EVERY SINGLE BRAND NEW loaner car you are given to drive..

and $100,000 for your troubles? makes it sound like you're a money hungry person who's trying to use the power of the internet to blackmail a large corporation..

Skylinelover
12-21-2004, 04:34 AM
dodge caravans are great. ive put 2 of them thru the craziest abuse and they both stood up like champs. theyve suffered thru everything...curb climbs, offroading, drifting, running into trees, walls, fences, shrubs, curbs, running thru ditches and getting high centered on stuff...and they just take the abuse. they stop on a dime since its easy to lock up the wheels (i have a vid of that too) and as u can see, are pretty good at attacking corners from the vids ive shown above. plus, theyre comfortable and quiet inside. if i had the money, id buy another one to use as a winter beater for sure. heres a pic of my second caravan:
Let me see them That caravan rocks!

dankish1
12-21-2004, 04:53 AM
hey GTs jeff in ur first video is that panarama road or what ever that gose out towards airdre?

toyboy88
12-21-2004, 09:48 AM
haha nice site! :thumbsup: :poosie:

but don't get me wrong...$100,000 in suffering compensation??!!!:eek: :)

roopi
12-21-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Did you even bother reading what happened. Obviously he has tried dealing with it.

Mckenzie
12-21-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by roopi

Did you even bother reading what happened. Obviously he has tried dealing with it.

:werd:

Its amazing how organizations still do not realize the value of a happy customer. There are over 500 000 hits on that website and I can guarantee that more than one person has been turned away from buying dodge because of the story. All they had to do was acknowledge that the van was a POS, take it back, sell it for what they could at an auction and write off the difference. Buddy would have been happy and no one would have known about what happened. Now he has a mass slag campaign going that would steer any rational person out of buying from this dealership.

Sorry to hear this happened....I hope you get what you deserve.

And to all of those people slaggin him about shutting up and dealing with it are tools. Put yourself in his shoes....would you shut up and deal with it? Would you not want compensation for terrible service, inconvenience and the hassle of deaing with a poor organization? Would you not demand it being fixed the first time? Oh I forgot, every manufacturer has their problems and someone who goes out and spends their hard earned money should have to pay for their screwups....use your head.

I guess you would rather roll over and take it from behind than get what you deserve....:rolleyes:

benyl
12-21-2004, 11:21 AM
We have had 3 dodge caravans... not a single problem.

1998, 2001 and a 2004.

They have all bean great!

3G
12-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by benyl
We have had 3 dodge caravans... not a single problem.

1998, 2001 and a 2004.

They have all bean great!

:werd: We've Been through so many, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97. Not soo many problems here

Weapon_R
12-21-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by roopi

The problems outlined in that site are not supposed to happen, clear and simple. It is a nearly brand new vehicle.

Of course, this could have been settled for far less cost to the injured parties in court. A lawyer could have taken the matter and brought back a positive outcome for the unhappy Dodge customer for around the same price as the lost wages that were incurred.

Remember, this is America, so $100,000 for suffering may seem incredibly unreasonable (and it is, a little rust and corrosion do not bring that much agony to anyone) but its very possible to see some type of crazy settlement there.

BumpinTalon
12-21-2004, 12:48 PM
Dodge has a pretty bad track record. I've heard of problems with the new Ram....
A guy bought a 2004 Dodge Ram, the huge one, dualie and everything, and it was almost fully optioned out (AC and everything). he bought it in wintertime and never noticed that the AC would only blow hot air. in the summer, he figured it out and took it to the dealership. it turns out the AC compressor and all those things were in, but there was no belt to drive it. the belt never broke or anything, it just wasn't there to begin with.
the dealership checked the truck out for more problems, just in case. the bolts holding the bed on were not properly torque and some of them were missing. it was only a matter of time before the bed flew off. and, when the owner commented on a bouncy ride, the shop looked at it again and realized that the struts were installed but not bolted down on one end so they could not dampen suspension movement.
sounds like a serious problem with quality to me. and my Accounting teacher told that story at SAIT, so it might not be completely accurate.

benyl
12-21-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

The problems outlined in that site are not supposed to happen, clear and simple. It is a nearly brand new vehicle.

Of course, this could have been settled for far less cost to the injured parties in court. A lawyer could have taken the matter and brought back a positive outcome for the unhappy Dodge customer for around the same price as the lost wages that were incurred.

Remember, this is America, so $100,000 for suffering may seem incredibly unreasonable (and it is, a little rust and corrosion do not bring that much agony to anyone) but its very possible to see some type of crazy settlement there.

Isn't it Canadian problem? I don't know why you mention America. In the states, they have the Lemon Law. I am pretty sure that they would have gotten a new van after 151 days in the states.

ricosuave
12-21-2004, 03:22 PM
meh, the only parts that are unreasonable are the 100k, and the lost computer - if youre dumb enough to leave the thing in there, then you deserve to lose it.

rico

Weapon_R
12-21-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by benyl

Isn't it Canadian problem? I don't know why you mention America. In the states, they have the Lemon Law. I am pretty sure that they would have gotten a new van after 151 days in the states.

Yes, you're right. I was under the impression that it was bought from a U.S. dealership. My mistake.

shakalaka
12-21-2004, 03:25 PM
Damn man. Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you will get your problem solved soon. Good luck buddy.

finboy
12-21-2004, 07:19 PM
i used to have one...

beastmobile POWAH!!! :rofl:

sounds like this guy got a caravan that was built on a monday/friday, tough luck.

SteveMo600
12-21-2004, 07:43 PM
I have owned a Dodge Caravan (I believe it was a 97') and had absolutely no problems with it whatsoever. I don't think that's the point this guy is trying to make. I think he's more pissed off that the dealership has no intention of giving him the service he deserves. Every car make is going to have a few problems and it's all in how they deal with it. I'm sure if they exchanged his POS Caravan for a different one it would NOT have the same reoccuring problems.

People should be boycotting the specific dealership that doesn't know the first step to "customer service" rather than dodge vehicles in general.

Just my two cents...:dunno:

Redlyne_mr2
12-21-2004, 09:38 PM
Yes!!! its all about the dealer in many cases and shouldnt be blamed on the manufacturer. Warranty will always cover any repairs on the vehicle. If the dumbass dealer isnt willing to do anything then call AMVIC or go to another dealer.
Also why would you try and stop paying for your lease? You signed a contract for god sakes, of course you have to pay for it. The problems with were van appear to have been rectified so why are you still whining.

/////AMG
12-22-2004, 06:21 AM
I have a '03 Caravan, no problem, dealers are pretty damn good too. The salesman let me drive the 300C a day before I when to England, cool guy. :thumbsup:

h22aseller
12-22-2004, 11:16 AM
I agree that this dude has had shitty luck with his dealership. But I do not agree with him slandering Dodge as a whole (By the way, by bitching out dodge, you are also indirectly bitching out Mercedes Benz as they own Dodge and all affiliated divisions).

In reality there is nothing that Dodge as a corporation could do to rectify this problem without the dealership cooperating. It isn't like they have a huge repair shop for the cars that dealers won't deal with.

Dodge sells the cars to the dealerships, that then sell them to the customer, dodge is no longer involved after the initial dealing with the dealer. They may suggest pricing (which is why you always see the "at participating dealers" disclaimer on all their adds). Getting one lemon of a vehicle does not make the entire company bad, if we were hearing about hundreds of these, Dodge would have issued a recall long ago. In the case of a recall, dodge pays the dealerships to do the work and supplies replacement parts free of charge.

And this is coming from a guy that doesn't even like dodge.

Neil4Speed
12-22-2004, 12:03 PM
I dunno man, Mercedes Benz really has started to have their share of problems these days. They are sleek, luxurious, and fast cars, but they have become exceptionally unreliable and the parts/service is appauling

Neil4Speed
12-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Sorry, more on topic, I personally think that the individual deserves a brand new car of same value, and perhaps $5,000 for his troubles (expenses, payments, wages, inconvenience). But nothing more than that, the $100,000 seems more like he is just making advantage of the situation. What justification does he have for such a high amount of money for "suffering"

CLiVE
12-22-2004, 03:09 PM
I've had several problems with Dodge dealerships in the past. Ended up filing a complaint with DaimlerChrysler Canada, AMA (which will send out someone to follow up the complaint if they are an "approved" dealership) and transport Canada.

Several complaints were filed by Dodge stealth owners with Transport Canada, and they finally ended up issuing a transfer case recall for the vehicle once we had enough owners on board.

Iceman_19
12-22-2004, 03:42 PM
dodge is junk, plain and simple.

/////AMG
12-22-2004, 03:56 PM
DoNotBuyDodge, why do you have two accounts? (Other one is leec001).

Also, fuck off buddy! I'm sorry your van has major problems, I'm sorry your dealership sucks. I'm sorry the communication with you and Dodge is 0%. I'm sorry for you!
But please lay off all this bullshit. You don't have to go around all over Beyond and copy and past your first post, especially in a thread where I am trying to sell a Dodge. just because your fucking van is fucked up, don't blame me and try to prevent people from buying mine. It's different; all cars are different, so grow up and stop bashing other people’s threads, you jackass!

pixil9
12-22-2004, 04:03 PM
lol i think anyone with 2 bits of common sense knows that all dodges are pieces of shit.

Seanith
12-22-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by pixil9
lol i think anyone with 2 bits of common sense knows that all dodges are pieces of shit.

Agreed lol
Vipers are alright i guess :)

finboy
12-22-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Iceman_19
dodge is junk, plain and simple.

Originally posted by pixil9

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :rolleyes:

right now dodge has the best lineup available out of the domestic brands.

viper, srt4, srt10, viper, magnum, 300c, etc.

A2VR6
12-22-2004, 07:09 PM

Hmm... Funny that looks EXACTLY like the Voyager we had back in the early 90's it was a 1991 Voyager LX and it had those EXACT running boards.

Police
12-22-2004, 07:23 PM
my family use own a 91 Caravan and we had no problems at all, it was great i really did like that van.:clap:

Seanith
12-22-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Police
my family use own a 91 Caravan and we had no problems at all, it was great i really did like that van.:clap:

Maybe you can get another one and then live in it down by the river! :nut:

qaxaz
12-22-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by /////AMG
You don't have to go around all over Beyond and copy and past your first post, especially in a thread where I am trying to sell a Dodge. just because your fucking van is fucked up, don't blame me and try to prevent people from buying mine. It's different; all cars are different, so grow up and stop bashing other people’s threads, you jackass!

:werd: Thats pretty low, man. Just cause you bought a vehicle that turned out to be crappy, that doesnt mean that you should hurt this guys chances of selling his vehicle. Between me and my family, we've owned 4 dodge vehicles, and i've had a dodge work truck a few times, and had nothing more than routine problems. It sucks what you're going through, and agree the dealer should be doing something about it. But as for the rest of the crap, haha like the $100,000 thing :thumbsdow thats the gayest thing ive ever heard

Maxt
12-22-2004, 07:42 PM
I have no problem with Dodge/Chrysler vehicles, I have owned plenty of them, and still own a couple, and they are great vehicles, I am now driving a 2004 dodge product, and its a great machine, but I must say, the dealers are fucking terrible when it comes to follow up and customer car, doesn't matter if its parts for the 85 or service on the recently purchased 04, the dealers just plain suck, once they have your car or money, they really dont give a shit...
Once upon a time, my mother owned a beautiful car called a Chrysler Imperial, it was a 1982 , special order model made in limited edition, it was designed to comfort spec for Frank Sinatra, and built by a custom coachworks company in New York state, my father bought it for my mother for her birthday. IN 1982 ,most cars still had plain dashes , carbs etc etc, but this car had full digital dash, Electronic fuel injection on a 318 v8, full load leather, trip computer, etc etc, there was nothing this car didn't have, and it was at least 15 years ahead of its time...
TO bad none of the CHRYSLER dealers in ALBERTA had a clue how to fix it... It developed a surging problem at idle...Renfrew chrysler had first crack at it, they just made it worse, then East side Dodge had another crack at it, they changed every part on that engine, to no avail, eventually the warranty ran out on the car while it sat at the various dealers lots...
Eastside went back to work on it, again changing every part they conceivably could on the car, now they were charging for the parts, and they did, we had a huge box of imperial parts in the garage, some parts they changed had zero miles on them, they had been changed twice before...Chrysler Canada, apparently was sending someone out to look at the car, they never did..
Finally, disenchanted, my mother sold the car ....Nice car, terrible service...Maxt

5.9 R/T
12-22-2004, 10:44 PM
I like Refrew, they've always been good to me, but I guess it's who you know.

Nissan, Honda, and Ford stealerships on the other hand...

George_Reyes
12-22-2004, 10:46 PM
100, 000 grand you have got to be kidding me. You call that suffering? My wife was in a massive car accident two years ago putting her in the hospital with a fractured spinal cord and massive neck injury. A semi rear-ended her while in a Toyota Echo, we sued and didn't even get half the money you're asking for your apparent "suffering".

The max they'll do is pay for your USELESS domain name, hosting and maybe fix your car (if its under warranty). If its not under warranty quit whining because its NOT their responsibility.

GTS Jeff
12-23-2004, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by A2VR6

Hmm... Funny that looks EXACTLY like the Voyager we had back in the early 90's it was a 1991 Voyager LX and it had those EXACT running boards. haha mine fell off one day when i flew into the ditch:

finboy
12-23-2004, 01:24 PM
haha mine fell off one day when i flew into the ditch:

fell off? i thought it came off becuase you were drifting it and it snagged on something :dunno: :rofl:

camero
12-23-2004, 01:37 PM
i think dodge is fine. i had an avenger for 10 years and did oil changes once a year. never had a single problem. :dunno:

you cant blame dodge in whole.

GTS Jeff
12-23-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by finboy

fell off? i thought it came off becuase you were drifting it and it snagged on something :dunno: :rofl: haha well one detached when i flew into a ditch (drifting) hahaaha and thats the one u see in the dumpster above..then i was like, well shit, we cant sell the beast with only 1 running board, so i stomped off the other one. :D

CalgarySupra
12-27-2004, 04:33 AM
Holly cow, I been telling everyone about dodge garbage for so long, and wanted to created the top anti dodge page, but theres so so so so so many of them!! I dont know how they are even allowed on there road. !!

Tyler883
12-28-2004, 07:17 PM
Comsumers guides suggest tha you make sure that you have a "loss of vehicle" clause in any car lease that you sign. This clause allows you to do an early pay out without a penalty. A very good clause if your vehicle is in a major accident and is written off.

If I ever got a major lemon, I think I would park it in a bad part of town, and hope someone steals it. And, if this doesn't work, I hope some vandals damage every panel, glass, mirror, tire, seat, and engine parts, then sets it all of fire with about 100 gallons of fuel to get things started........of course, I'm not suggesting that I would do this to a lemon ;)

ACX
12-30-2004, 03:28 PM
Just like with banks, you could hear any number of horror stories with every manufacturer..

:zzz:

/////AMG
12-30-2004, 05:14 PM
This guy is a joke, hes just post whoring every Forum he can find and then he leaves. No point jackass.

CalgarySupra
01-05-2005, 02:19 PM
I cant believe people think Dodge makes quality parts. if it was so good how come its no longer number 3? even honda and toyota beat it.

some dodge vans are nice. but very so many people are having more dodge problems then ever. look at the literely hundreds of thousands of serious, exterme posts and sites about dodge cars.

its very very sad. when people start dying because of the their cars is the most saddenst things.

there are many people in transport canada who are the real honest ones who are trying to stop dodge from producing such garbage.

some angency released reports saying how the pt cruiiser is a neon in some way.

dodge scares the hell out of people.

only good things were the ones 35 years ago like a Charger and that stuff. its like now greety traitors took over the company to start screwing Canadians and Americans.

PGTze
01-05-2005, 02:30 PM
I don't understand why people say stupid shit like 'all dodges suck'. That's just weak. You get what you pay for man, minivans arent exactly the same as vipers and yet they are both mande by dodge.

CalgarySupra
01-05-2005, 02:37 PM
yes but you shouldnt have to pay extra for basic safety when the car is at a competive price

5.9 R/T
01-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by CalgarySupra
I cant believe people think Dodge makes quality parts. if it was so good how come its no longer number 3? even honda and toyota beat it.

some dodge vans are nice. but very so many people are having more dodge problems then ever. look at the literely hundreds of thousands of serious, exterme posts and sites about dodge cars.

its very very sad. when people start dying because of the their cars is the most saddenst things.

there are many people in transport canada who are the real honest ones who are trying to stop dodge from producing such garbage.

some angency released reports saying how the pt cruiiser is a neon in some way.

dodge scares the hell out of people.

only good things were the ones 35 years ago like a Charger and that stuff. its like now greety traitors took over the company to start screwing Canadians and Americans.

You scare the hell out of people with your useless fear mongering posts.

English_leather
01-05-2005, 03:50 PM
I like at the end how it says 'this site does not intend to slander dodge blah blah blah', yet the entire site is devoted to running their name through the mud

CalgarySupra
01-20-2005, 02:27 AM
whatever. your telling me people shouldnt fear this:

-1996 Chrysler Sebring Suddenly Veers Into Oncoming Traffic Says Witnesses
"From Consumer: Thank you again for your help. Yes, someone was hurt, actually killed. My husband, XXX, was killed in that car accident on January 2, 2001. It was a clear day and the roads were dry. A witness says that the car just veered without any warning into oncoming traffic.""

Thats just one of millions of stories.

your on a computer do some research.

/////AMG
01-20-2005, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by PGTze
I don't understand why people say stupid shit like 'all dodges suck'. That's just weak. You get what you pay for man, minivans arent exactly the same as vipers and yet they are both mande by dodge.

:werd: I can't stress that enough.

"From Consumer: Thank you again for your help. Yes, someone was hurt, actually killed. My husband, XXX, was killed in that car accident on January 2, 2001. It was a clear day and the roads were dry. A witness says that the car just veered without any warning into oncoming traffic.""

I'm not a Didge lover, but we own a Mini-van, infact it's the EXACT same one as this retards. It's nobodys fault he got a lemon, fucking live it, for gods sake. This thread has got to be the most hated thread here. And I'm sure we're all done with threads which hate on any car.

And about your Sebring story, only god knows what really happened. The guy could have killed himself, who knows, nobody knows! The witness didn't say anything about the guy panacking when it "swerved" into oncoming traffic, I'm sure if the dude didn't know what was going on he was be freak out! Don't belive everything you hear. You never know she could have been DoNoTBuyDodge's wife, you they're Dodge hater sbecause they got a lemon.

AcuraTl
01-20-2005, 09:13 AM
^^^^ werd

ZorroAMG
01-20-2005, 10:09 AM

You're a bit of a moron, aren't you? OOOOOOOOOH a WITNESS saw a car from the outside and saw it swerve for NO REASON...ooooooooh must be a manufacturers mistake!

Or maybe the guy took his hands off the wheel and hit a bump, or maybe he was getting a hummer and her head bumped the wheel, or maybe...

Gullible?

5.9 R/T
01-20-2005, 11:25 AM

Actually I'm not on a computer, I must be dreaming because no one in real life would post something so moronic.

CalgarySupra
01-20-2005, 01:04 PM
ok lets just say he was "drunk" but what about the other stories. why is it when someone posts a true fact thats is widely known and resources to back it up everywhere, someone always has to bash.

go look on the internet, look how many dodge related problems sites there are. then compare it to GM, ford, honda, etc.

And most of the sites, usually have many stories, goverment information and studies, third party studies etc.

I am just pointing it out.

I am a big fan of the Dodge charger, not the new 4 door family car.

bspot
01-20-2005, 01:08 PM
ok lets just say he was "drunk" but what about the other stories. why is it when someone posts a true fact thats is widely known and resources to back it up everywhere, someone always has to bash.

go look on the internet, look how many dodge related problems sites there are. then compare it to GM, ford, honda, etc.

And most of the sites, usually have many stories, goverment information and studies, third party studies etc.

I am just pointing it out.

I am a big fan of the Dodge charger, not the new 4 door family car.

So far your other evidence has been "A PT cruiser is like a neon"

That doesn't do much to back up your point.

heavyD
01-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Um. I don't know about anyone else but I didn't need a thread or website to know that I would never buy a dodge. I owned a couple in the past and learned my lesson the hard way. Sometimes owning one is the only way a person will learn their lesson. Like the guy down the street that had "I bought a LEMON" pasted on his 2005 Ram pickup.

CalgarySupra
01-20-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by bspot

So far your other evidence has been "A PT cruiser is like a neon"

That doesn't do much to back up your point.

yes, all dodge cars are pretty much the same. The claims are about all of them. I am not sure about the dodge vip since its rare. again, just do some fact finding dont take my word.

They know use engine names again like "hemi" as some special name to drive more sales. a brand new car shouldnt have serious problems. and if did, it shouldnt be very common.

just a quick google search brang up this site http://www.daimlerchryslervehicleproblems.com but then if you click that site you notice links to dozen mores and dozens more.

each of them having if not hundreds of scary stories

but i tried to find gm. ford, toyota, honda sites like that with no luck.

I use to personally know a part of owner of a dodge dealership in california, he told me that he being a part of dodge is the most agravating thing he has done in his life. he had no idea dodge was so scum when got into it. he thought every company had its problems. but to dodge it wasnt a problem. thats just their business plan. durring that time period, the state of california issued a 60 day ban of dodge automobiles cause of the loads and loads of bad cars.

Its disgusting. he said from his own mouth that he wonders how dodge is allowed to put their "cars" on the road . and i am pretty sure most people working at dodge dealerships feel the same way.

again, dont start bashing me cause of what happened. even a while back my good friend needed to rent cars for his wedding. enterprise offered him some dodge cars, he said he doesnt anything dodge no matter what. so he just went with the camry

the reason why i am saying all of this is for public awarness. because it affects us all, more and more sally-soccer-moms, more joe six packs are buy these cars. more and more of them are dying. but htey dont know how common the problem is until they start asking questions.

paulsaddress5
01-20-2005, 09:05 PM
i didnt care to read the rest of ur post cause u are an idoit, hemi isnt just a "name" to drive sales, it stand for hemispherical head of which happens to create alot of power

canadiandaytona
01-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Hey Smart Guy If Chrysler Dodge is so Bad How come there so Low on the Lemon List
http://www.lemonlaw.com/lemonlist.html
The Honda Insight is Higher Then the Caravan.

So the Lesson for the Day Is you can Believe everything you read On the Internet...Smarten the Fuck Up

5.9 R/T
01-20-2005, 09:36 PM
Lookie what I googled:

Dodge vehicle problems - returned 573 000

Toyota vehicle problems - returned 661 000

OMG so if dodge is the most unsafe crap ever made but there are more web pages saying toyota has problems that means toyota is the biggest piece of shit on the road today, next to you of course.

MORON - The PT Cruiser uses the Neon chassis, do some research you fuck wad.

I personally know several supra owners who are just about as dumb as you and they seem to pop up on this site every once in a while. Question; when buying a supra does it say somewhere that you have to be this "x" stupid?

Quite frankly I'm curious how toyota lives with itself knowingly using left over scrap metal from the US to build its cars, with full knowledge that it will rust out and end up falling off and killing someone.

I don't even have to research the numbers to know that more people have been killed in the past 10 years in toyota crap then dodge crap.

I just want everyone to know that TOYOTA is out to kill you as my links proove, please sell your toyota now as there have been too many deaths already! Think of the children people, the children!

Toyota Vehicle Kills - Returned 43 300
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=Toyota+Vehicle+kills&meta=

Dodge Vehicle Kills - Returned 31 600
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=Dodge+vehicle+kills&meta=

CalgarySupra
01-20-2005, 09:48 PM
what hell is up with you? i did not call you any names, if toyota had more recalls, it because of less serious things and because they sell the second highest compared to dodge at number 5

yes we know "MORON - The PT Cruiser uses the Neon chassis" you admit it too.

if toyota uses scrap metal, thats fine, but atleast there bolts are not break in on new cars.

i refuse to even continue this with you as you are not speaking in a polite and respectful manner.

your way of googling things is not even right, you claim didnt search in qoutes, the way you search is for webpages that have those words any where on the page not even in a chronlogical order.

Weapon_R
01-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Final thoughts brought to you by your friendly neighborhood moderator...

Somehow, what began as an inspiring and interesting approach to spreading news about a problem has shifted into a Dodge vs. other car flame war...

I don't see any relevancy to the continuation of this thread on any level. Deleting the unrelated and negative comments would be far more time consuming than pushing the "close" button :)

Each manufacturer has its pros and cons. I think we can all agree to that. Anyone who can't agree to that is ignorant!