PDA

View Full Version : Washing the underbody

turboMiata
06-18-2002, 03:40 PM
Does anyone know where in Calgary I can go to have my undercarriage washed out and degreased? I have a mysterious oil leak somewhere but all that gunk under the engine is making it impossible to find out.

TIA

rage2
06-18-2002, 03:51 PM
Go to any dealership, they should be able to put your car on a hoist and wash it down. That's how I found the leaks on the 944.

Redlyne_mr2
06-18-2002, 04:14 PM
...or go to rent a bay..not sure if they have hoses there though

turboMiata
06-18-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Go to any dealership, they should be able to put your car on a hoist and wash it down. That's how I found the leaks on the 944.

Yup. I'm just looking for the cheapest place.. I have a lot of gunk and it could take them a while =)

How much did it cost you to get your car hosed?

rage2
06-18-2002, 09:02 PM
Free. I got mine done at Southcenter Porsche during their "free tuneup special". This was before those fuckers crashed my car and said I dropped it off crashed...

speedracer
06-18-2002, 09:06 PM
Free. I got mine done at Southcenter Porsche during their "free tuneup special". This was before those fuckers crashed my car and said I dropped it off crashed...
Ouch :banghead: Was it settled?

rage2
06-18-2002, 09:51 PM
The full story... about 3 years ago :

I dropped the car off right by the service door for a new power steering pump install. I told someone to take the car, they said leave it there because they were busy. I picked the car back up the next day, and it was parked REALLY tight between a bunch of cars. Everybody refused to move the car out of the lot. It took me about 20 back and forths to back out of the spot. Drove off, noticed my fender is rubbing. Stopped car, and looked at the fender, it was completely smashed in and pulled back out, that's why it was rubbing. Brought it back and bitched, 3 days later, service manager says their lot is a public lot, so it probably was damaged by someone and took off... but the way I parked it was impossible for someone to smash it (fender that was crashed was against the wall).

Conclusion : Someone went to see how fast my car was, lost it and hit something. Pulled fender back out so it's not too noticable, and parked car between others car really tightly so I couldn't see it. It was the first time the service folks at any dealership refused to take my car from their lot and bring it to me... that should've been suspicion enough. In the end, I paid the deductable, and insurance treated it as a hit and run. New fender, new bumper, and a mark on my insurance.

I haven't bought anything from Southcenter fucks ever since.

speedracer
06-19-2002, 01:18 AM
Ouch! Well they go on my ban list as well then.

Current ban list for Automotive work.
Varsity Chrysler *avoid*
Big 4 *avoid*
Southcenter
Northland VW

James
06-21-2002, 06:33 AM
Rage2,That's shitty about your incedent at Southcenter Cars, When i blew the Engine on my Passat,They fu**ed me over royally and i will never go back! Horrible service!!:thumbsdow :guns:

Silencer
06-23-2002, 09:53 PM
Just out of curiosity, what happened at Northland VW that made you stay away?

rage2
06-23-2002, 10:58 PM
hehe if you thought that was bad, my Hyatt experience was much worse. They changed my timing belt (944 turbo), fucked up, and the belt broke. All 8 valves gone. They agreed to pay for half of the repair, which is fair, until we got the bill, which was TWICE what anyone else charges. So we paid 1/2 of double the cost, which is the cost of repair. Gay.

MiNG
06-24-2002, 12:05 AM
holy shit rage2 i would of kicked some ass if i were you in either incident...
well thats why i have someone i know, fixing my car when there are problems.

D'z Nutz
06-24-2002, 12:07 AM
hehe if you thought that was bad, my Hyatt experience was much worse. They changed my timing belt (944 turbo), fucked up, and the belt broke. All 8 valves gone. They agreed to pay for half of the repair, which is fair, until we got the bill, which was TWICE what anyone else charges. So we paid 1/2 of double the cost, which is the cost of repair. Gay.

Damn, reminds me of when my dad was about to purchase a VW Jetta from Northwest Acura. We were all set to make the sale, but the only thing keeping my dad back was that they wouldn't replace or warranty the chipped windshield. After bickering back and forth, the dealer agreed to go 50/50 for the cost of a new windshield (about $150, I think). The next day, a $150 "administration fee" turned up on the invoice for the car. That would've been a sweet car, but too bad....

Ferio_vti
06-24-2002, 09:39 PM
Speedracer:
Add Calgary Honda at the Automall. Those guys are such fuck'n Nazi that only want to milk you for all you're worth

Audi Kid
06-25-2002, 01:08 AM
NL volkswagon rools hahahaha