PDA

View Full Version : Vehiclesforsale.ca

hockeybronx
12-21-2004, 01:49 AM
Does anybody have any experience advertising on vehiclesforsale.ca?

Just signed up today trying to sell my truck. They offer a money-back guarantee on advertising that if you don't sell your vehicle within 90 days they will refund your money. Sounded kind of sketchy to me but I went for it.

Anybody have any comments?

Ben
12-21-2004, 02:32 AM
There was a thing on CFCN Consumer Watch warning about people that got hozed by this company, not 3 weeks ago.

Basically had to pay money to get your money back, (works out to being a 50% money back guarantee).

hmm, never mind, it was http://www.greatcarsandtrucks.com/ that was mis-leading people.

CFCN report here: http://www.cfcn.ca/servlet/RTGAMArticleHTMLTemplate/C/20041129/carsellwarning?brand=generic&hub=&tf=CFCNPlus/generic/hubs/frontpage.html&cf=CFCNPlus/generic/hubs/frontpage.cfg&slug=carsellwarning&date=20041129&archive=CFCNPlus&ad_page_name=&nav=consumer&subnav=fullstory

maximus
12-21-2004, 03:05 AM
I wouldn't exactly call it getting hozed. I kinda have no sympathy for the people that got duped by greatcarsandtrucks.com. When I was selling my car they were badgering me every second day so I went to the website to check it out. I was skeptical about the money back guarantee and knew there was a catch. But if you click on the link for the guarantee on the website it specifically states that you will have to get the paper notorized.

I'm guessing they are the same people/company. Good luck getting your refund!

edit:

Originally posted by hockeybronx
Sounded kind of sketchy to me but I went for it.

Now thats a smart consumer!! :thumbsup:

Skylinelover
12-21-2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by maximus
I wouldn't exactly call it getting hozed. I kinda have no sympathy for the people that got duped by greatcarsandtrucks.com. When I was selling my car they were badgering me every second day so I went to the website to check it out. I was skeptical about the money back guarantee and knew there was a catch. But if you click on the link for the guarantee on the website it specifically states that you will have to get the paper notorized.

edit:

Lol I know a guy that is a telemarketer for that company, you can PM me ;)

Ben
12-21-2004, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by maximus

edit:

It was the high pressure tele-soliciting and not telling the customer about how the money back deal works (which they are required to) that was upsetting people.

On the news cast they interviewed the Manager, and he said they are required to notify the potential customer about how they operate, but it wasn't being done obviously.

He admitted that he could not prove or disprove his sales staffs approaches.

Hozed or not, thats a realative term I guess...being lied to, to me, is being hozed, thats bad business sales from a customer stand point. Hard to check online when the sales is done over the phone, and they are not disclosing the info even when asked.

maximus
12-21-2004, 03:34 AM
Well when I asked the details about the gurantee they said to check out the website all the details were there. I did. They were. I can only speak from my experience. People have to take more responsability especially if they are going to complain about losing $30. I mean even after paying the $30 for notorizing, $30 is still pretty cheap for 3months advertising considering an autotader small black and white ad is like $40 now for 2 weeks.

Skepticism is your friend!!

Ben
12-21-2004, 04:24 AM
thats fine, all I'm saying is some of the sales staff were not honest like yours obviously was.

:)

Yes, one should always be skeptical, but people who outright lie should be noted also right?

maximus
12-21-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Ben
thats fine, all I'm saying is some of the sales staff were not honest like yours obviously was.

:)

Yes, one should always be skeptical, but people who outright lie should be noted also right?

I totally agree, I think their plan was to kind of screw people beause I bet half the people out there don't even know what a notorization is let alone that it costs $30-$40. I'm sure some lied to make their comission and others probably didn't tell the whole truth. But they also need a way to stop people from screwing them over. If the quarantnee was easy, then I would just put my car in there every three months at a price higher than market for free and maybe someone would buy it. Also, I know it's selling over the phone but shouldn't buyers be looking at the website since thats where the ads going to be, even out of curiosity?

I agree its GCAT.ca fault for being shrewd, but I also think the consumers have a bit of responsibility here as well. Like playa up there, "It sounded sketchy but I went for it". Oh well, I hope at least those that complained learnt their lesson and it only cost them $30. :thumbsup:

hockeybronx
12-21-2004, 07:28 PM
Oh Krikie!

If this is the same company I'm going to raise some hell with this. I'll see what happens, but I'm ready to go to bat with this site if they are trying to screw me over.:banghead: