PDA

View Full Version : Hehe, newswriting time again!

Melinda
12-10-2002, 11:32 AM
Well guys, it's time for yet again, another news article. This time our topic is crime and I have chosen to do the recent string of Honda thefts. I need to quote 4 people for this one and I KNEW the beyond guys would be there to help me ;) (right guys?)

Anyway, I need you guys to tell your stories, state your opinions, what you think is being done to stop it (and if it is enough/not enough). You know, basically give me your run down on the whole situation.

I will need your full name in order to quote you though. Feel free to PM it to me if you dont wanna post it here on the forums. Thanks guys! You're awesome!

Melinda

Melinda
12-11-2002, 12:47 AM
No one has any insight on this issue for me?? :dunno:

Mel

Si_FlyGuy
12-11-2002, 01:27 AM
Here's my redneck impersonation of an interviewee:

"yaa wannnaa know my opinion? I says that we ban all dem Japanese cars. Dey can't be missin' if dey dun be here in da first place. Ma eldorado on the other hand...now dat's a fineee car..."

P.S. I'm just kidding.

Melinda
12-11-2002, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by HokusFokus
Here's my redneck impersonation of an interviewee:

"yaa wannnaa know my opinion? I says that we ban all dem Japanese cars. Dey can't be missin' if dey dun be here in da first place. Ma eldorado on the other hand...now dat's a fineee car..."

P.S. I'm just kidding.
Gee, thanks for your help :rolleyes:

Melinda

James
12-11-2002, 06:44 AM
Well i dont have a Honda....But i did get my Stereo stolen out of my Car a couple months ago, overnight, infront of my house. Which led me to buy a 2-way paging alarm so that hopefully something like this wont happen again....Obviously I dont think the Police Are doing enough to stop Vehicle thefts, or Recovery of stolen property because my car is still without a stereo....But What Exactly are they suppose to do In a City as Large as Calgary?. Theft is going to happen no matter what, Its Pathetic, but True. As somewhat of a detterant, I think the Penalties Could be increased for convicted Theifs, But Crimes Such as Rape and Murder should also Recieve higher penalties and they are more serious crimes, so i Can see why Vehicle Theft would be put on the Back Burner, it just makes sense.....plus only a very small portion of Car Theifs actually get caught. So its Really a losing battle Anyway...........meh, life sucks, lol.

Davetronz
12-11-2002, 06:40 PM
Hey Mel, I am here to help MSN me and we will chat about the Edgemont stuff :)

FiveFreshFish
12-11-2002, 08:54 PM
Hey Mel,

It ain't a Honda, but I've got a story and tape of my jacked MR-2 if you need video footage. It happened a long time ago so I'm not sure if it's relevant to your story.

Melinda
12-11-2002, 11:10 PM
Thanks guys, you're awesome! For this article I'm dealing mostly with the recent stuff and its all written so video won't help me too much...thanks though, that would totally be awesome if i was doing just regular car theft!

Dave, I will talk to you on MSN

Melinda