PDA

View Full Version : Got cut off...........AGAIN!

max_boost
12-10-2002, 01:37 PM
Going down 10St NW heading towards downtown by Second Cup in Kensington. Two lane road, I am on the left and there are parked cars on the right. Don't you hate it when someone on the right quickly speeds up and cuts you off narrowly missing you and the parked car on the right?:rolleyes: Cause Holy Fcuk, if I was going 2km faster I would of sandwhiched him and the parked car. WTF are people thinking:guns:

It was an older Red Intrepid. Fcuk you buddy! Your a hardcore racer. Someone give me a gun cause I need to cap the next motherfucker that cuts me off like that!:rofl: :rofl: j/k

Superesc
12-10-2002, 02:01 PM
hahaha it happens max, they are just jealous of your bimmer!!! (but damnit, get some rims on that thing soon!!!!! :D )

max_boost
12-10-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Superesc
hahaha it happens max, they are just jealous of your bimmer!!! (but damnit, get some rims on that thing soon!!!!! :D ) Its winter right now!:D Only high rollers can afford OZ wheels just for winter! :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
12-10-2002, 02:26 PM
heh when that kinda shit happens to me while im driving the van, i mash the gas and try to hit the fucker cutting me off. it would make em spin out and itd legally be their fault.

finboy
12-10-2002, 04:28 PM
if i see someone speeding up in my rearview to do that i make sure to speed up so they have to stop.

LaughingTiger
12-10-2002, 04:47 PM
Ever since I started driving my P.O.S. I get cut off, no one lets me in, get more parking tickets.....sh!t... This stuff never happened when I drive my MR2....:dunno:

Blue Devil 2
12-10-2002, 05:13 PM
:dunno: Why are you crying about this? This kind of driving has been occuring since the age of roads. No big deal, there's no need to vent because it's likely to happen again within the next 48 hours...

max_boost
12-10-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Blue Devil 2
:dunno: Why are you crying about this? This kind of driving has been occuring since the age of roads. No big deal, there's no need to vent because it's likely to happen again within the next 48 hours...

whatever dude......does it look like I am crying? just mentioning that the last thing I want to become is an innocent victim of some jackass pulling a stupid stunt for no reason

And fuck you too buddy!:rolleyes: :rofl:

buh_buh
12-10-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Its winter right now!:D Only high rollers can afford OZ wheels just for winter! :thumbsup:
who needs winters man!! I'm still on summers!! hahaha.

GTS Jeff
12-10-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Blue Devil 2
:dunno: Why are you crying about this? This kind of driving has been occuring since the age of roads. No big deal, there's no need to vent because it's likely to happen again within the next 48 hours... are YOU that bastard always cutting me off?

Ben
12-10-2002, 07:26 PM
does he drive a J-Body Jeff?

sillyd
12-10-2002, 07:31 PM
all i know is that anyone who gets cut off must be driving pretty slow to allow another car to overtake them

GTS Jeff
12-10-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by sillyd
all i know is that anyone who gets cut off must be driving pretty slow to allow another car to overtake them yea OR the car cutting you off could be driving faster than normal....HO

max_boost
12-10-2002, 08:16 PM
all i know is that anyone who gets cut off must be driving pretty slow to allow another car to overtake them

Dude, I don't drive a Civic man......I don't have altezzas, Neons or ractive cold air intake that will allow me to run 10seconds.

max_boost
12-10-2002, 08:21 PM
Just re-read my post, this is in Kensington OK, speed limit is 50km/h OK, busy street with pedestrians, businesses, parked cars etc. and like I said, this dude came within inches of taking off my front bumper and if I had been going a little bit faster, it would have been BLT as three vehicles would have collided. Would I be happy? Fuck no, there goes $4000 bodykit from Germany ....... oh there is more, insurance will go up, claims, blah blah, if that doesn't irk you, I don't know what does........

Man, this thread makes it sound like I am wrong! haha lets go jefftypeR, zip up your flame suit, lets blaze! haha

As tupac would say, Fuck ya all!:guns: :rofl:

mwmhong
12-10-2002, 10:55 PM
I understand your story.

The correct carfight tactic to use in such situations is known as the 'Parked-car-scrape-off'

From a fair distance you lure the sap
Then increase your speed and close the gap
Thus springing the right lane parked-car trap
And teach them you won't take their crap!!!

For bonus points if you have some decent traffic behind you, bait them with the opening in front of you.

What's funny is sometimes they have space behind you to get into the proper lane, but they choose to shoot for the big payout by fighting towards the front.
Now, if you control your speed and the traffic behind you *just right* you can stop him from cutting you off plus, he cannot swing in immediately behind due to the stopped/slowly moving traffic behind. (slower speed=smaller distances between following vehicles)

This is superior to the generic scrape-off because he is boxed in by accumulated traffic behind you and has to fight/beg his way back into the proper lane.
This makes the aggressive driver pay.

One time I accomplished a double scrape-off, as so:

Southbound Center before 9th avenue, on some aggressive villain.
Scraped him off righteously before 7th Ave and he got MAD and tried to redeem himself by getting back at me, we swing onto 9th and he swerves into the right lane and I scraped him off AGAIN on a parked bus.
After that he calmed down and drove SLOW down Macleod.
Haha, sweet carfight victory! :thumbsup:

Examples of such situations often occur on both northbound and southbound 10th street (during the non-peak hours where there are parked cars), Center Street south just before 7th avenue and multiple blocks of eastbound 17th Avenue SW.

eur0
12-10-2002, 11:42 PM
haha max you sound like such a gangsta :guns:

fast95pony
12-10-2002, 11:49 PM
Perhaps I'm getting old.. (Okay,I am !! ) , but I find myself driving more defensively these day , and if I see some one driving stupidly , I just let them go . Sooner or later they will come to grief . Life's too short to get worked up over moron drivers .......

Besides..I usually get them at the next light !!
:D

szw
12-10-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by mwmhong

hahahhaha!!!

Yeah, kensington is 50km/hr but its hard to go that fast cuz there's always people crossing the streets!

Isn't chinatown 50km/hr too? Imagine going 50 through those streets, all the chinese jaywalkers would be dead!

sillyd
12-10-2002, 11:57 PM
Sorry dude, you're right, that's definitely not the place to be driving aggressively, i'm just not used to that kind of thing happening to me, that's all.

I just know that MOST people drive really slow, and i don't, so for me to be passed in traffic (unless we're racing, my car is slow as hell), it must be somebody doing something stupid. Obviously that's what happened to you. Sorry i misunderstood.

the "parked car scrape off" sounds like the best plan:thumbsup:

buh_buh
12-11-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by szw

Isn't chinatown 50km/hr too? Imagine going 50 through those streets, all the chinese jaywalkers would be dead!
if people actually went 50 in china town, I think the chinese population in Calgary would be cut down by 50-60%

szw
12-11-2002, 12:13 AM
I just know that MOST people drive really slow, and i don't, so for me to be passed in traffic

Just depends what is slow? I am trying not to speed anymore and get these tickets, trying to stay from speed-limit to 10-over, but its hard since everyones always going faster than that!

max_boost
12-11-2002, 12:46 AM
I understand your story.

The correct carfight tactic to use in such situations is known as the 'Parked-car-scrape-off'

For bonus points if you have some decent traffic behind you, bait them with the opening in front of you.

What's funny is sometimes they have space behind you to get into the proper lane, but they choose to shoot for the big payout by fighting towards the front.
Now, if you control your speed and the traffic behind you *just right* you can stop him from cutting you off plus, he cannot swing in immediately behind due to the stopped/slowly moving traffic behind. (slower speed=smaller distances between following vehicles)

This is superior to the generic scrape-off because he is boxed in by accumulated traffic behind you and has to fight/beg his way back into the proper lane.

Scraped him off righteously before 7th Ave and he got MAD and tried to redeem himself by getting back at me, we swing onto 9th and he swerves into the right lane and I scraped him off AGAIN on a parked bus.

Examples of such situations often occur on both northbound and southbound 10th street (during the non-peak hours where there are parked cars), Center Street south just before 7th avenue and multiple blocks of eastbound 17th Avenue SW.

LMAO!!! Oh dude.....I would have normally busted that dude and did the double scrape (tm) on him lol
But after a 8am exam and madd studying plus 4 hours of sleep, I was way too tired to pull it off. I'll get the bastard next time!

Originally posted by tbk49
haha max you sound like such a gangsta :guns:
Maybe when I was 16 going through the gangster stage

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
12-11-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh

if people actually went 50 in china town, I think the chinese population in Calgary would be cut down by 50-60%
Hehe that place is a jungle, 200 motor vehicle laws are probably broken on those streets of that area on a daily basis

LaughingTiger
12-11-2002, 10:37 AM
I understand your story.

It's like the 'Art of War' for road rage.....:rofl:

LaughingTiger
12-11-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh

Yeah the 2 or 3 streets of our chinatown.....ha...so fukin small...
just park on the side walk, everone else does...

B17a
12-11-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by LaughingTiger

Yeah the 2 or 3 streets of our chinatown.....ha...so fukin small...
just park on the side walk, everone else does...

:rofl: :rofl: Sidewalk, double park, triple park, it doesn't matter. It's all one big parking lot!:rofl:

rage2
12-11-2002, 10:55 AM
Only high rollers can afford OZ wheels just for winter! :thumbsup:

They're track wheels! Just using 'em in winter cuz it's there.

Ben
12-11-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by B17a

:rofl: :rofl: Sidewalk, double park, triple park, it doesn't matter. It's all one big parking lot!:rofl:

NO SHIT!! Wtf is with these asians that throw their car into a park right in the middle of the street downtown and go and get the days groceries. Its brutal over by Desert House and Thi Thi Vietnamese Subs. Cars are like 5 abreast blocking traffic, no money in the meter, or adjacently parked on the sidewalk. If you were to do this ANYWHERE Else on the planet, you would be ticketed and towed

B17a
12-11-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Benny

NO SHIT!! Wtf is with these asians that throw their car into a park right in the middle of the street downtown and go and get the days groceries. Its brutal over by Desert House and Thi Thi Vietnamese Subs. Cars are like 5 abreast blocking traffic, no money in the meter, or adjacently parked on the sidewalk. If you were to do this ANYWHERE Else on the planet, you would be ticketed and towed

In front of that sub place is a joke, I always just laugh when I go by there. Typical typical. It doesn't even faze me anymore. Whadya gonna do? Those subs are good!

max_boost
12-11-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by rage2

They're track wheels! Just using 'em in winter cuz it's there.

And then switching them over for a set of R compounds for the track season? Man.....only you rage2!:thumbsup:

max_boost
12-11-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by B17a

In front of that sub place is a joke, I always just laugh when I go by there. Typical typical. It doesn't even faze me anymore. Whadya gonna do? Those subs are good!

Totally off topic now:D How long is the wait for those subs? I hear some people wait upto 1 hour! Dam, are they that good?:thumbsup: :eek:

B17a
12-11-2002, 03:48 PM

Totally off topic now:D How long is the wait for those subs? I hear some people wait upto 1 hour! Dam, are they that good?:thumbsup: :eek:

No shit, I wouldn't doubt it! I've waited half an hour and that was like 2pm on a Saturday! That place at noon is stoopid! But put it this way, I'd step over my own mother for one!:thumbsup:

szw
12-11-2002, 05:09 PM
Those subs are pretty good, but they are really buttery/unhealthy. I guess thats what makes it so good. Longest I've waited for like 20 minutes, but I just put my order in and came back later.