PDA

View Full Version : turbo deisel golf

h22aseller
12-21-2004, 11:38 PM
is it possible to make a golf tdi (2000) an 11 second car for under 600 bucks by boring out the intercooler inlets and chipping. my friend seems to think this is entirely possible due to the fact that some german dude says so. i have no clue because i don't know shit about this car. any input would be great

CalgaryB5
12-21-2004, 11:45 PM
That German dude you met must be dreaming.

Seriously I am driving that car you are looking into and I felt it is a big lemon to me.

Cheap parts = Crappy car.

I own the car since new.

:dunno:

Upsolute Chip or anything else is $400+ CAD
Big injectors and some Getto mods $500++ CAD

Still getting nowhere…..

:banghead:

CalgaryB5
12-21-2004, 11:47 PM
Ya...

Remember to visit MyVWLemon.com

:whipped: :whipped:

Idratherbsidewayz
12-21-2004, 11:48 PM
Multiply that figure by 10, and you're prolly running around low 14's.

h22aseller
12-21-2004, 11:49 PM
i thought something along that line, I am not new to turbos or turbo deisels, i just haven't done anything with the golf. I can see how reprogramming may help a v8 td, but i wasn't sure on the golf, i haven't even seen gains like that on cummins trucks before. But i do want all the input that i can gather because i don't like to go into conversations about power mods without knowing as much as possible about them.

CalgaryB5
12-21-2004, 11:52 PM
You can find more info in this->
http://tdiclub.com/

CalgaryB5
12-21-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
Multiply that figure by 10, and you're prolly running around low 14's.

I wish... maybe in one of my dreams.

youngbex
12-27-2004, 04:05 PM
ha i dunnoo how drunk that german guy was when he said that, my god.

keith303
01-16-2005, 08:56 PM
tell your friend some guy on the internet forum called him a fucking idiot. boring out the intercooler......:rolleyes: low 17's?

h22aseller
01-16-2005, 10:19 PM
ok, though I am interested in any bit of information that I can get out of this thread let me clarify some things:

first, telling me that some guy on some other forum called my friend a "fucking idiot" is not info that pertains to the topic at hand

second, I myself have access to the internet and therefore can surf other forums on my own accord. People that try to answer other peoples questions by surfing other forums are obviously not that insightfull.

Third, boring out the intercooler was never discussed, boring out the inlets was. there is no way to bore out an intercooler, but theoretically you could bore out the inlet and outlets to allow for a negligable gain in airflow.

By the way, none of this is directed in any particular direction whatsoever and is most certainly not aimed at k......3. And the hostility that I felt in no one inparticular's post was completely uncalled for, sarcasm is understandable as I always though that it was a dumb idea, but outright anger makes no sense.

Kor
02-03-2005, 02:14 AM
You can get a golf into the 12's stock if you just gut it for weight, which is free. You have to really f^ck up the car but it will be fast.

Otherwise, no.