PDA

View Full Version : Quick question re: 93 Sentra add-on CD player

Heep
12-10-2002, 02:41 PM
OK, for a while I've been wanting a factory CD player for my car. My friend just sold his 93 NX, and did not include the factory Nissan add-on CD player with it, so I just bought the player from him. The player does not replace the cassette deck, it's in addition to it and slots in between the HVAC controls and the cupholder. The player has a wire/plug that plugs directly into the cassette deck just fine...however, it doesn't supply power to the player. There is a jack in the player that looks like the spot for the power plug, but I can't seem to find that wire/plug in my car. I'm assuming it's an additional part I would need to buy, but is there any (easy) way to supply power to the player without buying new audio wiring?

BTW, the cassette deck is a CH501, model no. PN-9551I. The CD player is an AV702, model no. CDX-5N15W (Nissan part no. B8182-C9971).

Here are some pictures to help explain what I'm asking (http://www.pbase.com/heep/stereo/)

Weapon_R
12-10-2002, 04:13 PM
The easiest way would be to go to nissan and find the plug that links your cd and cassette player together. Otherwise, its pretty hard to solder wires to achieve what you are doing, let alone it would look gay and be problematic.

cocoabrova
12-10-2002, 05:14 PM
I agree, see how much the original plug is from the dealer, if not, try ARA. Or you could also find the schematics for both decks and splice in the +/- etc. wires to the CD player connectors:thumbsup:

RE5TO
10-20-2004, 08:31 PM
Dear heep, if you still need some help send me a message to: [email protected] i have some diagrams that could help you to solve your problem, sorry about the english, iīm from Mexico and i donīt know much about the language.

Daniel Aguirre