PDA

View Full Version : STI or RX7

CSMRX7
12-22-2004, 10:32 AM
Currently I have a 1994 RX7 in mint condition. Obviously I don't drive it in the winter so it sits garaged for six months of theyear while I am tortured looking at it everyday while I drive my 04 Civic SIR.
So the question is do I sell both the SIR and RX7 and buy an STI which I can drive all year round? or Do I keep the RX7 and SIR because the RX7 is rare, and almost at collector status.

EK 2.0
12-22-2004, 10:36 AM
STI my friend...the gospel of AWD and boost is something I have been sining for a while...

althought not in a Sooby...but STI...I think most of the replies you get will go that way as well I mean you said yourself...6 months of the year is like the Arctic for us...

Akagi Redsuns
12-22-2004, 10:44 AM
You would drive a $50,000 car in the winter and not a $20,000? I don't get the logic.

RWD is dead easy to drive in the winter with a good set of snow tires. If you still have the stock twins, it's even easier because there is no massive lag to worry about upsetting the balance. I have seen numerous Vettes, Boxsters, RX-7, Supras, E46 M3 in the snow. Unless you view your RX-7 has a investment and don't want to enjoy driving it, then by all means sell it and get the STi.

Winters here are so lame, there is a small handfull of days that there is any actual snow on the roads, usually it's just either wet or dry. I used to drive a lighwieght RWD year round with all-seasons and it wasn't that bad. Only being out on the initial snowfall did it get a bit slippery, but that would be corrected with good winters.

Primer_Drift
12-22-2004, 10:44 AM
Do whatever you want with the SIR, but for god sakes keep the Rx7. You'll be kicking yourself if you get rid of it.
If you want to be practical, sure go get a car you can drive all year long. Nothing wrong IMO with suffering 6 months of the year if you get to drive one of the best RWD cars ever made.

awd
12-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Sell my buddy your SIR, get an STi and keep the RX-7 (Jaymez_STI has both lol).

habsfan
12-22-2004, 10:53 AM
if it were me i would keep the rx7, sell the ep and maybe look for a wrx instead of an sti. that way you can have 2 fun fast cars to drive around.

awd
12-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by habsfan
if it were me i would keep the rx7, sell the ep and maybe look for a wrx instead of an sti. that way you can have 2 fun fast cars to drive around.

Thats actually a realistic idea -- I have seen loads of 02 WRX's for less than 25K...

habsfan
12-22-2004, 11:00 AM
exactly. you can get some good prices on a used wrx :thumbsup:

CalgaryB5
12-22-2004, 11:16 AM
Sell them both and get something new -> STI. Yet, you still can get some money to pocket and mod the STI.

:clap:

RWD
12-22-2004, 11:24 AM
if its a brand new sti.. then i say go for it.. but if its used i rather just keep the rx7 / sir.

CryoCarnage
12-22-2004, 11:40 AM
If you do decide to sell em, my bro will buy that RX-7 off of you. He wants one as his daily driver and he wants to race with his 89 import.

George_Reyes
12-22-2004, 11:58 AM
sti is way overpriced i think, good car and all but 50 grand is just toooo much

NotbadSTi
12-22-2004, 12:06 PM
STI !

I like RX-7 a lots, and always want one (but a good one still @ $15-18K ).. however, STi is a much nicer overall car ! much faster then the RX-7 (unless you did heavy mod on the RX-7, but then won't hv refinement, and resale value will drop)

And you should sell the Civic anyway ... :rofl:

$50K for STi is too much ? I dont' see any better performance car for that price .. and offer great drivibility ! (unless you dont go for GM or Ford etc ! ha ha .. :rofl: )

:thumbsup:

crazydave
12-22-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by awd
Sell my buddy your SIR, get an STi and keep the RX-7 (Jaymez_STI has both lol).

:werd: the 94 rx-7 is a sweet ass car and if you dont like looking at it sit in your garage in the winter. either drive it in the winter or move...i guess. nothin wrong with sti tho:thumbsup:

CryoCarnage
12-22-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by crazydave

nothin wrong with sti tho:thumbsup:
:werd:

Fuji
12-22-2004, 01:00 PM
Keep the RX7!!!!

If you don't decide on keeping it, sell it to me for cheap!

heavyD
12-22-2004, 01:35 PM
I would definately keep the RX7. It is still is one of the most beautiful cars on the road today. An STi with it's Neon/Aztec looks is plain ugly in comparison. The RX7 is light weight, RWD, rare, and the last of the turbocharged rotaries. In 5 - 10 years the RX7 will be worth more than a new STi anyway.

The STi is a great performing package with an exterior so ugly only it's mother could love it while the RX7 is the complete package with looks to match its performance. Trust me the current WRX looks won't age very well.