PDA

View Full Version : Questoion about weed in Canada

sebringLxi_girl
12-22-2004, 10:53 AM
Okay, I heard that in Canada that some are trying to legalize pot and sell it and get the tax money off of it???

Is this for reals or not??:werd:

Primer_Drift
12-22-2004, 11:01 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

rage2
12-22-2004, 11:02 AM
They're not trying to legalize pot. They're trying to decriminalizing it, meaning it's still illegal, but if you get caught with under 1/2 ounce (or something) you'll only get a ticket, kinda like jaywalking, and fined, and not have a criminal record.

sebringLxi_girl
12-22-2004, 11:05 AM
okay cool sorry, im not some pot head but people down here were saying something about it and i wanted to ask someone

rage2
12-22-2004, 11:06 AM
Canada is a great place to live if you enjoy marijuana :thumbsup:.

DUBBED
12-22-2004, 11:14 AM
Particulary BC, hahaha.

skidmark
12-22-2004, 11:42 AM
Jaywalking tickets are much less expensive than the ticket proposed for possession of small amounts of marihuana when the feds finally get their act together and set the system up. In the meantime, chances are you will walk with nothing other than the small amount taken away from you.

Larger amounts are still dealt with in the same way that they have always been.

sebringLxi_girl
12-22-2004, 06:03 PM
Have you ever met anyone who would admit to being less than a better than average driver?

i am way less than a better than average driver!!!!!

blueripper6
12-23-2004, 01:35 AM
what the fuck?

The weed u smoke is fake, but the crack is fucken u up.

googe
12-23-2004, 11:31 AM
Most pro-marijuana groups are completely opposed to decriminalization and are lobbying hard to get it taken a step further.

The reason being, if you get busted with a joint in a lot of places (Most of western BC for example) theyre are going to throw it on the ground and say "bad, dont touch" or sometimes just keep walking past you. It is not worth anyones time to go through an expensive legal system and waste man hours pursuing petty casual smokers, so it goes without consequence. By decriminalizing it, cops now MAKE money instead of lose money, pursuing this. Watch them implement pot ticket quotas :rofl:

If they can start handing out these very expensive tickets left and right, its another cash cow for them and everyone will be harassed.

It has been decriminalized in a few states now though. MO being one of them.

DayGlow
12-23-2004, 12:19 PM
cops make money? Wow, I didn't know I worked on consignment.

googe
12-23-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow
cops make money? Wow, I didn't know I worked on consignment.

Of course they make money, are you a volunteer? :rofl:

I know what you meant to say, but you know what I meant to say as well ;)

DayGlow
12-23-2004, 12:54 PM
No I don't. Cops don't get the fines from tickets to their budget. The provincal governemnt recieves it, and most of the money is used to run the courts, judges, and lawyers needed to hear all the trials.

bundi
12-23-2004, 01:26 PM
No I don't. Cops don't get the fines from tickets to their budget. The provincal governemnt recieves it, and most of the money is used to run the courts, judges, and lawyers needed to hear all the trials.

Yeah, I got a "mutilated license" ticket from some whore up in Edmonton on whyte ave... my license was broken like half a centimeter down the short side of the license and I still had the piece in my wallet....

350 dollars or some shit like that, I'm schedualed for court in July 05 and I hope it costs em more than 350 bucks for me to be there and make that bitch look stupid in front of her peers ;)

tickets like this are just going to waste more money and time for everyone involved

Tyler883
12-23-2004, 01:37 PM
My god!

It shouldn't be an offense to be in possession of a mutiliated licence, we should go after the people that sell mutilated licences!!!

:rofl:

googe
12-23-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow

Youre telling me the photo radar obsession is not increasing income for the calgary police service?

Tyler883
12-23-2004, 04:00 PM
As far as I know, all fines go into the solicitor general acccounts, with no direct corelation on how it is spent.ie An extra million dollars of tickets this month, does not mean that the Calgary Police service gets anything above and deyond their current budget.