PDA

View Full Version : help! lawer screwed my friend

kjhelp
12-22-2004, 08:33 PM
my friend recently recieved a DUI and had been sentenced with aa and madd and comm. service and so on. His lawer told him he had a 90 day extension but when he went to register for comm service the people said his thing expired and has a warrant out for his arrest. He is going to go to court tomorrow is there anything he can do or is he going to get arrested because his lawer lied to him!?

1-Bar
12-22-2004, 11:09 PM
ahem....lawyer...

EK 2.0
12-22-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
ahem....lawyer...

HAHAHHAAHA...

well just explain to the people in charge, aka Judge, that the lawer *cough* lawyer...mis-informed you...it happens a lot believe you me...

they will get a slap on the wrist for missing the date, but all should end well...and BTW...fire the lawer *cough* lawyer...

illeagle
12-22-2004, 11:19 PM
the thread title is misleading.. lawYer's lying?? nonsense...

iceburns288
12-22-2004, 11:24 PM
...and the lawyer jokes fly...

Just tell your friend to explain what happened to the court and you should be fine. Shouldn't be too big of a deal...

Skylinelover
12-22-2004, 11:33 PM
When i first read the title I thought your friend and the lawyer had sex. Haha.

nismodrifter
12-22-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

HAHAHHAAHA...

well just explain to the people in charge, aka Judge, that the lawer *cough* lawyer...mis-informed you...it happens a lot believe you me...

they will get a slap on the wrist for missing the date, but all should end well...and BTW...fire the lawer *cough* lawyer...

Originally posted by iceburns288
...and the lawyer jokes fly...

Just tell your friend to explain what happened to the court and you should be fine. Shouldn't be too big of a deal...

aight...so what exactly would be teh point of posting the same thing that someone already posted :dunno: I am dumbfounded

iceburns288
12-22-2004, 11:39 PM
For emphasis. If 100 people give x advice, and 1 person gives y advice, which do you think he will go with?

Seanith
12-22-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

HAHAHHAAHA...

well just explain to the people in charge, aka Judge

I thought it was "Juge" lol

EK 2.0
12-22-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288
For emphasis. If 100 people give x advice, and 1 person gives y advice, which do you think he will go with?

Honestly??...

well he will go for the ones that only ONE person gives him...you want an example??...how many times has your father told you NOT to do something...what do you do??...knowing that people all the time have told you not to do it...

you go and do it thats right...so...now tell me again why??

iceburns288
12-23-2004, 12:02 AM
Not saying AUTOMATICALLY if the majority says to do something it's right, but it sure helps. I mean if I asked 100 smokers if I should smoke, I would probably end up with a biased opinion.

That's why on Millionaire there was 'ask the audience'. In general it can help.

If I want a Gateway computer and start a thread, and 99 people say their Gateway is great and 1 guy says Gateway sucks, I might be more likely to buy a Gateway. It's not given my experience with Gateway would be satisfactory, but there is a higher chance than say if I asked who liked their Dell and 99 people said theirs broke and 1 guy said it worked fine. I'm not guaranteed to buy the Gateway over the Dell, but it seems like a better option.

roopi
12-23-2004, 09:02 AM

Singel
12-23-2004, 11:58 AM

We're not his dad, so there's no real reason for him to rebel against the beyond members:rolleyes: If you go with the 1 person, you're likely an idiot

bspot
12-23-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by kjhelp
my friend recently recieved a DUI and had been sentenced with aa and madd and comm. service and so on. His lawer told him he had a 90 day extension but when he went to register for comm service the people said his thing expired and has a warrant out for his arrest. He is going to go to court tomorrow is there anything he can do or is he going to get arrested because his lawer lied to him!?

sure..... your "friend".... :bullshit:

FiveFreshFish
12-23-2004, 01:55 PM
If the lawyer screwed up, you can apply to the Law Society of Alberta to get fiancial compensation, like recovering the fee you already paid him.

Get Form 6-1 titled Application for Compensation, fill it out and submit to the Law Society. You don't need a lawyer to do this.

Seanith
12-23-2004, 01:58 PM
Apparently hes in California.

hjr
12-23-2004, 09:57 PM
the problem doesnt lie with the lawyer, it lies with the fuckbot who thought it would be alright to drink and drive. the lawyer probably screwed him over for fucking giggles.

Gazoo
12-24-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Skylinelover
When i first read the title I thought your friend and the lawyer had sex. Haha.

EWWW nobody sleeps with lawyers!!!! They leave slime all over the sheets....and the smell never goes away!!!!!:barf:

kevie88
12-24-2004, 11:01 AM

Your buddy got a DUI and is too fucking stupid to figure out what his own sentence was, and now we should feel sorry for him.

:thumbsdow

Gazoo
12-24-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by kevie88

Your buddy got a DUI and is too fucking stupid to figure out what his own sentence was, and now we should feel sorry for him.

:thumbsdow

kinda sounds like an irresponsible immature dumbass................

so basically :whocares:

Barking_Spidre
12-24-2004, 11:50 AM
help! lawer screwed my friend

TTIUWOP!!!! :rofl: