PDA

View Full Version : cops made a big bust in the town of beaverlodge today

2000impreza
06-18-2002, 03:44 PM
freaking cops blocked off our school parking lot and made everyone line up and rev their engine. they didn't have a db meter or anything to measure how loud it was. a bunch of my friends got tickets for not having stock muffler on. cops handed out atleast 100+ tickets. one cop walked up to me and told me if they see my car i'm getting busted too :rolleyes: so being the way i'am i started asking him questions. "where is your DB meter", "let me see your law book or whatever its called". he tells me as long as he can hear my exhaust i get a ticket and maybe towed. is that true? i also questioned if they should be out fighting the "real" crimes or whatever. and he just siad "kid this is our job". cops are such pricks here...

however i did get a chance to look in his "handbook" just to warn you guys any muffler that is NOT stock is illegal. it also says in there that they can give you a ticket if a aftermarket muffler is "visible". so that means they don't even have to hear it.

the funny thing is i think one of the teachers at the school got a ticket for having a aftermarket exhaust :rofl:

they were mostly after the v8's. towed mostly trucks.

bol
06-18-2002, 03:51 PM
Personally I think it's a good thing. If your mods are so outrageous (short of legel audiable/visible exhaust mods for cars that make *real power*) than you should be ticketted.

I'm just hoping that this will decrease the number of improperly lowered civics sporting 4" wide tips that I see daily.

Ben
06-18-2002, 03:54 PM
Wheres that chinese guy with the muffler voice...

bwahhh bid a bahm bahm bwaaaaaaaa weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

T5_X
06-18-2002, 04:10 PM
Sometimes, that law should be praised. Guys with huge straight pipes on V8s and 4" pipes on 4 cyls are doing nothing but annoying people. There's some cars and trucks that are ridiculously loud and sound like crap. A lot of these guys rev thier engine up all the time too, making thier cars even louder.

The law for ANY modification of your exhaust is an outrage, but it's just a few people that have ruined everything for the rest of us. The law says to penalize anyone with aftermarket, but most often, cops will use thier judgement and only give the tickets to people who are actually the problem.

I don't know why they don't give these guys on harlys tickets! Fuck, all those fat ZZ top bastards seriously make me deaf. :thumbsdow :madred:

Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of a nice, reasonably loud exhaust as much as the next guy, but some people are just idiots and think "bigger is better"

Redlyne_mr2
06-18-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Benny
Wheres that chinese guy with the muffler voice...

bwahhh bid a bahm bahm bwaaaaaaaa weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
hahahaha:rofl:
here ya go:
http://www.frenzy.com/~jester/racecar.html

2000impreza
06-18-2002, 04:15 PM
for some reason the cops were after mostly the v8's with dual exhausts. one of my friends drive a fully restored 1947 ford truck. cops gave him a ticket and told him to put the factory exhaust back on. my friend told the cop back in 47 the trucks came with straight pipes. cop didn't say anything.

i guessing i should put my stock exhaust back on.... don't know. i'm moving to calgary in like 3 weeks so not like it matters.

my exhaust. 4.5" tip, 2.5" straight pipe from cat back. i use to have a test pipe in place of cats but i put the stock cats back on.

EDIT: another thing is i NEVER blow my exhaust off when i'm in town. neither does any of my friends. so i guess its true the few wreck it for the rest of us........ :rolleyes:

here's a pic of my current exhaust. i don't think its too big.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid18/p60c07cc114b7ea565d1926d5f12c22bc/fdcd2cf7.jpg

Redlyne_mr2
06-18-2002, 04:21 PM
that's bullshit dude..dotn worry about it..for real
so is the cop trying to say that all those mufflers from midas, and shit like that, that aren't from the factory are illegal? he's just trying to scare you ...honestly I would just forget about it.

2000impreza
06-18-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
that's bullshit dude..dotn worry about it..for real
so is the cop trying to say that all those mufflers from midas, and shit like that, that aren't from the factory are illegal? he's just trying to scare you ...honestly I would just forget about it.

OMG...... thats so funny you mention that cause one of my friends got a ticket for having a midas muffler. cause it wasn't "stock".

like i siad before i don't blow my exhaust off around town. nether does any of my friends.

James
06-18-2002, 04:28 PM

hahahaha:rofl:
here ya go:
http://www.frenzy.com/~jester/racecar.html

LOL:rofl: :rofl:

I agree with the fact that extremely oversized exhausts should be ticketed, but sometimes you have to wonder, Isn't there something better the Police could be doing with thier time.:confused: :dunno:

2000impreza
06-18-2002, 04:30 PM
yeah, the doughnut shop is down the fucking street :devil:

bol
06-18-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by James

LOL:rofl: :rofl:

I agree with the fact that extremely oversized exhausts should be ticketed, but sometimes you have to wonder, Isn't there something better the Police could be doing with thier time.:confused: :dunno:

The police that are used for things like this are usually first year officers and the like, or being punished for doing something stupid.

to me the more cops there are measuring exhausts, the less cops there are keeping my house under constant watch.

Zephyr
06-18-2002, 04:34 PM
i thought it was illegal only when ur muffler noise reaches a certain level...

what? they think big mufflers can shoot missiles out of them?

speedracer
06-18-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza

however i did get a chance to look in his "handbook" just to warn you guys any muffler that is NOT stock is illegal.

That handbook looks to be wrong then. It would not hold up in court.

If that was the case than there would be no aftermarket for replacement of OE parts - EVERYTHING must be from the factory at that point then with a OEM seal not a B series or OE equvalient.

Heck, at that point you might as well ask the cop to write himself a ticket for driving an illegal vehical.

LUDELVR
06-18-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by speedracer

That handbook looks to be wrong then. It would not hold up in court.

If that was the case than there would be no aftermarket for replacement of OE parts - EVERYTHING must be from the factory at that point then with a OEM seal not a B series or OE equvalient.

Heck, at that point you might as well ask the cop to write himself a ticket for driving an illegal vehical.

That's just it. There are so many vauge laws in the traffic act that it's more than likely that u can find a loop hole. Having a replacement muffler for your stock one that got rusted out seems like a legitamte reason to get a new muffler doesn't it? But when u go with a huge N1 tip, that's another story!!! haha

Redlyne_mr2
06-18-2002, 05:01 PM
some cops are so rude and retarded...fuck I should threaten to shove my N1 tip in the cops wife's mouth..let's see him write me a ticket for that

Zephyr
06-18-2002, 05:45 PM
one time i got a speeding ticket for going fifty at a fifty area. the reason was the speed limit sign was blocked by a tree and the cop didn't see it and pulled me over. i went to court to get rid of it, and after all, that the judge told my dad and i, that we shouldn't trust any cop. that was kind of weird and scary to hear that from a judge.

kenny
06-18-2002, 05:54 PM
some cops are so rude and retarded...fuck I should threaten to shove my N1 tip in the cops wife's mouth..let's see him write me a ticket for that

Just imagine what they put up with all day, and then realize they are human beings too just doing their job. If you don't get a ticket as each day goes by for something thats illegal, be thankful, but don't get all pissed when you get a ticket someday down the road.

CRXguy
06-18-2002, 05:58 PM
My exhaust looks close to stock, except the muffler and tip are kinda shiny!:D

max_boost
06-18-2002, 06:02 PM
I'm thinking about getting an exhaust but I might just settle for a set of Chrome tips! LOL

2000impreza
06-18-2002, 06:17 PM
The law enforcement in Beaverlodge is very corrupt. To give you guys some back ground just 2 weeks ago a cop had charges pressed against him for abusing a 19year old girl. about a month ago a guy got shot down the street from the school. nice to know they are doing their job......:rolleyes:

redline
06-18-2002, 06:18 PM
heheheh you said beaver...

but that is the law so you have to live with that... It could be worse... we could have CARB!

WBB6
06-18-2002, 07:09 PM
Where the HECK is Beaverlodge? :dunno: :dunno:

Redlyne_mr2
06-18-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by kenny

Just imagine what they put up with all day, and then realize they are human beings too just doing their job. If you don't get a ticket as each day goes by for something thats illegal, be thankful, but don't get all pissed when you get a ticket someday down the road.
I totally understand that, but being in the position that they are in they are expected to be fair and just and some are the furthest thing from that. There actions are criticized alot mroe critically because they are a service to citizens, not the other way around.

Superesc
06-18-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I'm thinking about getting an exhaust but I might just settle for a set of Chrome tips! LOL

I think that's illegal dude, you are Modifying the stock muffler hehehe

2000impreza
06-18-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by WBB6
Where the HECK is Beaverlodge? :dunno: :dunno:

its where the beavers live :rofl: just joking.

Beaverlodge is located in north west alberta. about 900km's away from calgary. its about 50km's from Grande prairie. population of ~3000 people.

its so strange the cops would do something like that in Beaverlodge. i mean we hear about this crap happening in Vancover but Beaverlodge?!?!?!?! :madred:

T5_X
06-18-2002, 07:37 PM

its so strange the cops would do something like that in Beaverlodge. i mean we hear about this crap happening in Vancover but Beaverlodge?!?!?!?! :madred:

Do NOT get me started on Vancouver cops! :madred: :madred: :madred: :madred: :madred: :madred: :madred:

max_boost
06-18-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Superesc

I think that's illegal dude, you are Modifying the stock muffler hehehe

But this is OEM though!!

2000impreza
06-19-2002, 01:13 AM
with the sort of "testing" they were doing today, i wouldn't be surprised if they handed out tickets to cars with stock exhaust system. atleast the BC cops used a DB meter to prove your exahust is too loud. according to the retard cops in beaverlodge, as long as they can see it your screwed.......

My parents own a resturant in Beaverlodge.... cops sometimes stop by here for coffee or whatever. haha. next time i see them here for coffee i'll write them up a bill for $10 per cup of coffee and $5 per refill. haha. see how they like it. or maybe thats not such a good idea cause that might piss them off even more :confused:

4wheeldrift
06-19-2002, 07:05 AM
Exhaust tickets are basically a tax grab, because most people dont' bother fighting them. Go into the courthouse, tell them that you got an exhaust ticket without any sort of measurement of noise levels or anything else. Point out to the judge that a requirement that you only use stock parts is BS because it totally disallows use of any other replacement parts that are frequently cheaper than OEM and of equal quality. And then moon the cop if he shows up :D Then walk out.

Redlyne_mr2
06-19-2002, 10:53 AM
with the sort of "testing" they were doing today, i wouldn't be surprised if they handed out tickets to cars with stock exhaust system. atleast the BC cops used a DB meter to prove your exahust is too loud. according to the retard cops in beaverlodge, as long as they can see it your screwed.......

My parents own a resturant in Beaverlodge.... cops sometimes stop by here for coffee or whatever. haha. next time i see them here for coffee i'll write them up a bill for $10 per cup of coffee and $5 per refill. haha. see how they like it. or maybe thats not such a good idea cause that might piss them off even more :confused:
just do somehting to there coffee so they'll never know...

2000impreza
06-19-2002, 11:09 AM
take the coffee to the bathroom and put some "secret" sauce in :rofl:

4wheeldrift
06-19-2002, 09:34 PM
take the coffee to the bathroom and put some "secret" sauce in :rofl:

Just leave the grounds in it, thats plenty disgusting all on its own. *shudders* crunchy coffee