PDA

View Full Version : Audi Quattro

leetron
12-23-2004, 01:46 PM
I'm looking at an 87 Audi Quattro

What should i look out for, what goes wrong with these rally beasts?

cheers

civicrider
12-23-2004, 07:47 PM
search the forums, theres already a thread about this

Foreign1
12-23-2004, 07:51 PM
Is that you Jeff.. you work at CT with mike?

turboMiata
12-27-2004, 01:37 PM
Is this the quattro coupe FWD or the ur Quattro??

I don't think the ur Quattro was available in 87.

leetron
12-27-2004, 05:50 PM
sorry its an 86 not 87

euro_racer
12-27-2004, 06:04 PM
to tell u the truth i would never ever buy a audi again. i had 4 and with my first one my transmission broke, on the second one the engine, third problems starting, fourth the engine head broke had to repair another engine, so i had very bad experience with them wouldnt recomend anyone in buyin them. and the parts for them are MEGA expensive

GTS Jeff
12-27-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer
to tell u the truth i would never ever buy a audi again. i had 4 and with my first one my transmission broke, on the second one the engine, third problems starting, fourth the engine head broke had to repair another engine, so i had very bad experience with them wouldnt recomend anyone in buyin them. and the parts for them are MEGA expensive and yet you own two veedubs?

euro_racer
12-27-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
and yet you own two veedubs?

i've owned alot of volkswagen and never had troubles with them but then i bought audis and bad luck started

GTS Jeff
12-28-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by euro_racer

i've owned alot of volkswagen and never had troubles with them but then i bought audis and bad luck started oh ok, well i guess ill let someone else burst your bubble about audi and vw...

R-Audi
12-28-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
oh ok, well i guess ill let someone else burst your bubble about audi and vw...

Burn!

Anyways, Im on my second Audi and have had zero major problems. Something tells me that if all three cars that you purchased had major problems, they wernt inspected properly.
Try searching www.audiworld.com for more complete info, including items to watch when buying these cars.

Ben
12-28-2004, 01:36 AM
That car did extremely well for Audi in the Rally Cups, but keep in mind it's almost 20 years old. and lots of moving parts and such that will have grown old and tired by now.

Parts ARE expensive for them if you shop at the dealership. If you have parts connections and a mechanic friend, it wont be so bad. Just look into it's service history and DEFINATLY!!! get a mechanical inspection done.

turboMiata
12-28-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by leetron
sorry its an 86 not 87

Are you sure it's the ur Quattro? Do you know if it has the turbo in it? If so, then you are looking at an extremely rare and highly sought after Audi.

This is an amazing vehicle and highly engineered for its time. What is the condition like? It will require a whole lot of maintenance awareness and care as it is a turbocharged. Many of the parts could be expensive. If you are OK with it, then many kudos to you as this pig will serve you well in return.

I had an 86 B2 4000s Quattro, it was incredible in the winter, a very solid vehicle. A few people on this forum are great fans of the B2 platform. I think you'll be happy with it.