PDA

View Full Version : anyone else have their christmas ruined?

d-UNiT
12-24-2004, 06:50 PM
i was supposed to fly up to ontario yesterday at 420.. but the weather was bad so they delayed the flight until 830.. whatever i brushed it off.. and theni went back and they delayed it until 1115.. ok whatever.. im getting pissed now.. i go to the airport and it says delayed until 1am.. so im sitting in the terminal for an hour alone.. .. and i look up and a lady just informed me that my flight was cancelled.. great.. i muttered.. i go to the airline .. and ask when the flight will be up again.. wow .. terrific.. the 26th is the next flight... i only have a week booked off work and going on the 26th makes going at all pointless.. so now i have to stay at home.. for a christmasless christmas.... we arent having christmas here because my dad was expecting me to be here so it would be pointless if he had it alone... the part that hurts most is the fact that i dont get to see my family whom i havent seen in over 5 years.. and the fact that my grandfather is really sick and this would have been my last chance seeing him...
whats gods motivation to ruin anything good?...

7thgenvic
12-24-2004, 07:24 PM
too bad to hear! if i were you i would still make the trip! better to spend some time then no time at all!!!!, see if you can take a little more time off work?????? it never hurts to ask!

-jonny

DelSoln
12-24-2004, 07:27 PM
Ya I agree. I'm sure they would understand.

d-UNiT
12-24-2004, 07:31 PM
cant... the tickets were refunded.. i wasnt the one who paid for them.... and the sched is already up for that week and they are relying on my for being back

kevie88
12-24-2004, 07:39 PM
Sorry to hear about this man, but it really isn't the airline's fault. The weather out east is ass, and I'm sure you'll agree, it's better to be alive and pissed off at christmas than to rish death by flying in ass weather.

d-UNiT
12-24-2004, 07:43 PM
im not mad at the airline at all.. its the weather.... and theres only one person in charge of weather... DARR MAQBOOL.. M F'R

fast95pony
12-24-2004, 10:58 PM
I feel for you ...:( That hurts !! Try and make the best of it,dude...

digi355
12-25-2004, 12:01 AM
Sorry man but your an idiot. If my gramps was on his last legs i would fly for 12 hours for 5 minutes. You should get your ass there, work be damned.

d-UNiT
12-25-2004, 01:12 AM
yes.. thats right im the idiot..

funny how your the one person who decided to added insult to injury.. whos the idiot?

and.. its easy to say what youde do ... when you are not face to face with a situation like this.. ide probably say the same thing minus insulting you,... but things are always a lot more complicated than they seem

thanks for spreading the christmas cheer :thumbsdow

GTS Jeff
12-25-2004, 03:22 AM
shitty. why dont u give your family a call and talk to everyone for a bit?

d-UNiT
12-25-2004, 10:22 AM
oh well of course i will do that.. but we both know it wont be the same...

statick
12-25-2004, 10:44 AM
that really sucks for you man, hope you get to see them soon.

ex1z7
12-25-2004, 02:27 PM
My x-mas was kinda weird, my grandpa decided to absolutely flip out on 6 people smoking in the bathroom, one of which is his wife. It was a valid point to make - but it was delivered terribly. "HAVE SOME GOD DAMN FUCKING RESPECT ALL OF YOU ARE SMOKING AND MY SON HAS CANCER!!" err...scared some people :|

Today a water pipe in the basement broke and was sprayin' everywhere for like 20 mins :| It's still fucked I can't fix it right now - I have to go for dinner at my other grandparents >_<.

But it isn't ruined. It was just..weird.

That sucks hard for you man, I hope it all sorted itself out, it is afterall still christmas ..

Can you make a trip down to where your grandpa resides and chill with him later ? Like, in a month or so? when your work calms down?

As long as you're spending time with him, right ? Thats all that really matters..

d-UNiT
12-25-2004, 06:26 PM
yeah .. well the thing is that the tickets were bought for me by my uncle who wanted me to come for christmas... two reasons were that he gets his kids this year for christmas.. and the other was so that i can spend time with my granda who is sick and my granny whom seems to be in reasonable health.. i believe the tickets were already refunded.. and its a little rude to ask him to fly me up some other time, it costed him 650 bucks for the ticket (there and back).. itll be a little hard for me to find 650 bucks to spare.. if you know what i mean

.... have a good supper with your grandparents though, im sure the rest of your night will be good

as for me.. ive done nothing all day.. and hot dogs for supper.. hurray

doublepostwhore
12-25-2004, 06:32 PM
D-unit, i am sure you could pull it together from donations... i start a new job in a few days, i would be mroe then happy to pass some money your way, ask around, alot of charatible people here.

d-UNiT
12-25-2004, 06:36 PM
thanks for your offer.. but i am not gonna blindly ask forum users for money,.. i just wanted to write down my frustrations, and maybe in return have a couple users try to cheer me up, your charitable offer was greatly appreciated.. it means a lot more than you would expect

doublepostwhore
12-25-2004, 06:56 PM
I know how you feel, on 9/11 my family and I were supposed to go to england, to visit my grandmother who got sick with breast cancer, it was also in her lungs, and her brain, both other aspects left undiagnosed, her condition worsened over the ensuing 3 weeks... she later died before we could make it.

I want to be as optimistic as possible for you; so your grandfather is in my prayers, and in my familys prayers, I wish only good luck, and that your diety is on your side, and if at all you need monitaire support, it is NO skin of a CAR forums back to donate a few dollars here and there.

Remeber over 2000 active users, 1 dollar each would be round trip. Keep me informed.

-- Adam

d-UNiT
12-25-2004, 08:03 PM
thanks for the kind words

BerserkerCatSplat
12-28-2004, 07:05 PM
Wow, sorry to hear that, I hope you can make it out eventually.

My story's nothing compared to yours, but our furnace motor started screaming at 2 in the morning on Christmas Day, so I had to spend around two and a half hours pulling it out and oilling it. Then, it died the next day, so I spent hours and hours driving around Calgary trying to find the right one.

I finally got the right one, got it home, hooked it up, went to test it...

...and electrocuted myself! :nut: <- electrocuted guy

Ah, well, could have been worse. It could've shorted out and burned the house down or something.

pyro
12-28-2004, 07:11 PM
ya my chistmas was kind of wrecked but it was still good i was in mexico and was supposed to fly home on the 24th but then something went wrong on the plane and they couldent find the part anywhere in canada so i spent the night at the cancun airport until 3 am christmas day and then when the plane was leaving the entire plane shut off like lights engine everything and then after like 30 min it got going again so i arrived home at like 6 and was tired so we just had christmas on the 26th it was still good

Rockski
12-28-2004, 07:17 PM
i got blamed for ruining christmas thats all

BerserkerCatSplat
12-28-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Rockski
i got blamed for ruining christmas thats all

That's because you did!!

just kidding, Merry Christmas, Josh!

Troy
12-28-2004, 09:36 PM
I got into a car crash on the17th, broke all the bones in my face had to get plastic surgery and 9 metal plates in my face, I almost died I just got out on the 27th :) I missed my xmas, my jaw is still wired shut so hopefully my bad christmas makes you feel better :)

autobodygal
12-28-2004, 10:29 PM
Hopefully everyone who's Christmas went awful will see some improvement soon. My Christmas certainly started out badly, my son landed up in the hospital with heart and liver failure due to a drug addiction. The doctor told me he would die within a week if he didn't stop the drugs and get treatment. The good news is that the scare has sent him to a treatment center and there is hope now for the first time in a long time. So keep the faith everyone, sometimes good things can come out of the bad. I will keep good thought for all of you.

HRD2PLZ
12-28-2004, 11:08 PM
uuhh, I have a funeral to go to now :( Although he didn't pass away until the 26th... so I guess Christmas wasn't ruined per-say... but it sure put a damper on the Holiday season...

JordanLotoski
12-28-2004, 11:40 PM
i spent christmas in REGINA nuff said!!!

Rockski
12-29-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSpl

That's because you did!!

just kidding, Merry Christmas, Josh!

i didnt ruin christmas you did BECAUSE YOU TOUCH YOURSELF AT NIGHT merry christmas trev

gorillam
12-29-2004, 01:50 AM
That sucks man, didnt have x-mas ruined but today was quite possibly the worst day ever for me :>

Cheers to shit!

xkon
12-29-2004, 03:23 AM
I spent xmas alone, but I got laid on boxing day which made up for it... But I feel for you man, I'd have no problem donating to get you there in January!

iblizzard
12-29-2004, 04:20 AM
Sorry to hear about this.. It's always hard when you're not able to spend holidays with the people you care for (even harder when you can't spend it with anyone at all) but a similar thing happened to my dad.. he was planning on flying out to montreal for a few days, but his flight was cancelled as well.. :(

Originally posted by d-UNiT
theres only one person in charge of weather... DARR MAQBOOL.. M F'R

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DUBBED
12-29-2004, 07:03 AM
Were you trying to fly jetsgo?

We do service work for them and not one of their flights has come in on time in the past week, every flight on x-mas day was cancelled. Even yesturday one of their flights was delayed 6 hours, they don't seem to care about their customers.

sputnik
12-29-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by DUBBED
Were you trying to fly jetsgo?

they don't seem to care about their customers.

:werd:

Worst airline ever.

I dont care what people say, I still fly Air Canada. Especially these days when they are working really hard to win back people who moved to Westjet.

d-UNiT
12-30-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

:werd:

Worst airline ever.

I dont care what people say, I still fly Air Canada. Especially these days when they are working really hard to win back people who moved to Westjet.

werrd

jetsgo is complete and uber bullshit.. they are just horrible

Kobe
12-30-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by d-UNiT
i was supposed to fly up to ontario yesterday at 420.. but the weather was bad so they delayed the flight until 830.. whatever i brushed it off.. and theni went back and they delayed it until 1115.. ok whatever.. im getting pissed now.. i go to the airport and it says delayed until 1am.. so im sitting in the terminal for an hour alone.. .. and i look up and a lady just informed me that my flight was cancelled.. great.. i muttered.. i go to the airline .. and ask when the flight will be up again.. wow .. terrific.. the 26th is the next flight... i only have a week booked off work and going on the 26th makes going at all pointless.. so now i have to stay at home.. for a christmasless christmas.... we arent having christmas here because my dad was expecting me to be here so it would be pointless if he had it alone... the part that hurts most is the fact that i dont get to see my family whom i havent seen in over 5 years.. and the fact that my grandfather is really sick and this would have been my last chance seeing him...
whats gods motivation to ruin anything good?...

mine with the airline's was brutal also, payed an extra $150 in advance to get seats with my mom and dad, becuase my mom is scared 2 fly, and what do they do.. FUCK IT UP.. we all had 2 sit away from each other.. soo that sucked... but on vacation i meet a girl, from moose jaw, anywho her flight back to sask was canceled on the 28th becuase of the snow... your suppose 2 be on vacation for christmas but the airlines stress you like mad :@

Ps: I was on skyservice, but to forgive us on the flight back we got 3 seats together in 1abc

so it flight back was good

youngbex
12-30-2004, 06:50 PM
i got pulled over right in front of my house, all my family was watching, it was wuite funny actually, i got pulled over cause i was circling the block? i was jsut trying to fiind the best palce to park

colinderksen
12-30-2004, 09:14 PM
My roomates flight to Toronto got delayed, delayed again, then canceled. He ended up driving to Edmonton to catch an earlier flight with some guys from Ont.

Jassie
12-30-2004, 09:27 PM
I backed into a hugly oversized SUV in the parking lot of Safeway, Gave them a big dent in their bumper, Freaked out, Asked my mom what do i do, she said Leave, so I did and now I will have horrible Karma. :(

d-UNiT
12-31-2004, 12:01 AM
and also you just annouced it to the world.. congrats on being an idiot.. thats horrible on christmas man.. you are inhuman!

.. nvm.. your from cali..

blueripper6
12-31-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by youngbex
i got pulled over right in front of my house, all my family was watching, it was wuite funny actually, i got pulled over cause i was circling the block? i was jsut trying to fiind the best palce to park

Thats fucking funny!!!!! LOL

~Leah~
12-31-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
i spent christmas in REGINA nuff said!!!

You too eh?? Actually I spent actual Christmas in Kamsack... some small raunchy town kinda by the Manitoba border, then on the 25th went to Southey, 1/2 hour north of Regina. Don't fret, it's not that bad!

And yeah, I was kinda pissed cuz my plane was delayed for 2 hours heading home, and that was only on the 20th. I just decided to skip my flight back on the 27th cuz I had nothing to really go back for, especially if I wanted to come back here for NYE anyway!

You guys should see how bad it is here in Regina right now though... we had nothing but -34 to -38 temps every morning the first week I was here (in Kamsack)... -55 windchill one day! Brrrrr. Anyhoo... check out the blizzard we got yesterday.

http://www.saskjbody.org/iB_sjc/uploads/post-5-34453-DSC00184.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/Sauc0r/P1010122.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/ANeonRider/storm/storm%2012-29-04/IMGP0859.jpg

http://www.saskjbody.org/iB_sjc/uploads/post-5-05586-snow.jpg

Isn't that purdy??

BebeAphrodite
12-31-2004, 11:46 AM
^^ --- omg Im cold looking at those pics.