PDA

View Full Version : BMW to Show New 5 series with AWD and Inline 6 motors

Zephyr
12-25-2004, 01:27 AM
BMW to show new 5 Series AWD models, inline-six engines at Detroit show
Posted Date: 12/21/04
BMW is coming to the Detroit show with an all-wheel-drive 5 Series model in tow. Making its world debut in Detroit, the U.S. market awd 5 Series will come in 525xi, 530xi and 530xi sport wagon versions. The vehicles will be equipped with BMW’s xDrive system, which is standard equipment on the company’s X3 and X5 utes.

BMW will also unveil a set of new inline-six engines for the U.S. market that the automaker says will make more power and achieve greater fuel economy – all while lowering engine weight.

The two new engines feature BMW’s fully variable Valvetronic valve drive system, which replaces a conventional throttle setup. Among the other upgrades are a composite magnesium / aluminum crankcase, lightweight camshafts, electric water pump, a fully controlled oil pump, a single-belt drive and a magnesium head cover.

The 525i and 525xi will come with the 3.0-liter which produces 210 hp and 185 lb-ft of torque. The 3.0-liter for the 530i and 530xi models will produce 255 hp and 220 lb-ft of torque, according to BMW.

Also making North American debuts at Detroit will be the 5 Series sport wagon, the new M5 and BMW's H2R Hydrogen Record Car, which recently set nine world speed records.

omg now i wanna trade in my 5 series for one of these!! inline 6 with awd :drool: :drool:

JAYMEZ
12-25-2004, 02:09 AM
SWEET! I want one lol