PDA

View Full Version : Parking lot accidents

sexualbanana
12-25-2004, 01:46 AM
Now, I'm aware that insurance companies tend to deem accidents that occur in a parking lot to be 50/50. But here's a question from something I saw today.

I was going in to get some groceries, and i see this car try to turn a corner. Now the driver ends up rubbing the bumper of a parked car. I didn't exactly see what the driver did after that. I saw the car stop, and I'm pretty sure the driver was aware that there was some contact.

But the kicker is that the car that was parked, wasn't actually in a spot. The driver of the other car had basically decided to make his own spot. If you've been to chinatown (or any shopping mall lately, you'd know).

So with that in mind, who's fault would it be? Afterall, the driver was parked illegally, and as a result made a small driving lane even smaller by parking where they did.

blueripper6
12-25-2004, 02:07 AM
Hmm.. I typed up a few responses but I keep saying the same thing over and over haha..

I guess it would be the same thing as hitting a Jaywalker right? Its still ur fault for not being attent and paying attention even though they were not supposed to be there..

but good question

frozenrice
12-25-2004, 11:14 AM
I'd say that if they're disrepectful and arrogant enough to think they can park where ever they want, they deserve to get their car hit. There's a reason they paint lines in parking lots and it for sure not for the aesthetics.

civicsi
12-25-2004, 11:32 AM
the car that hit the other is at fault. doesnt matter if the car is not parked in a real spot or not.

digitalshogun
12-25-2004, 12:01 PM
I think it might be 50/50 based on being in a parking lot. However the driver didnt NEED to get around him right? Even if he was blocked in, shoulda called mall security to get car towed.

Not sure though ... so sorry for the non-commital post.

persianprideboy
12-25-2004, 01:57 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

frozenrice
12-25-2004, 02:14 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

markymark
12-25-2004, 02:25 PM
In a perfect world you racists would be banned immediatly.

persianprideboy
12-25-2004, 03:01 PM
I love chinese food...
i am not tryin to be racist but i have been hit 4 times this year and all of the times it was a chinese person at their fault...

sexualbanana
12-25-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by persianprideboy
I love chinese food...
i am not tryin to be racist but i have been hit 4 times this year and all of the times it was a chinese person at their fault...

But that's like saying that I've been mugged 4 times, all by white people. Therefore, all white people are criminals.

EK 2.0
12-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

But that's like saying that I've been mugged 4 times, all by white people. Therefore, all white people are criminals.

werrd...

frozenrice
12-25-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by markymark

In a perfect world you racists would be banned immediatly.

I'm far from being a racist. I'm Chinese myself. I hate to admit it, but most Asians can't drive....really, they can't. Just a little humor by poking fun at ourselves.

Team_Mclaren
12-25-2004, 06:20 PM
persianprideboy:

Please watch you language and be carefully what you say, thx

Speed_69
12-25-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice

I'm far from being a racist. I'm Chinese myself. I hate to admit it, but most Asians can't drive....really, they can't. Just a little humor by poking fun at ourselves.

I'm chinese myself and actually i don't find it true. I find that asians are more cautious when they drive unlike alot of white people who have road rage. hmm out of every single accident that my friends and family have been in (because i personally have never been in an accident) has been a white person at fault. is it fair to say that white people don't know how to drive as well? i don' t think so, so i think persianprideboy should shut his mouth.

max_boost
12-25-2004, 11:47 PM
Let's not generalize.......

Anyway, in that situation, you hit them, you are wrong!

persianprideboy
12-26-2004, 12:10 AM
speed_69 buddy i think u r funny... you go on giving me a lecture on how not to judge people by the race they are and at the end you go on sayin "The people i find that really cant' drive are brown people"

hahahahah can anyone say RETARRRRRDDDDD

EK 2.0
12-26-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by persianprideboy
speed_69 buddy i think u r funny... you go on giving me a lecture on how not to judge people by the race they are and at the end you go on sayin "The people i find that really cant' drive are brown people"

hahahahah can anyone say RETARRRRRDDDDD

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
persianprideboy:

Please watch you language and be carefully what you say, thx

are you a fucking MORON persianasslicker??

you were just warned by a Mod...

holy fuck are people dumb these days...

Speed_69
12-26-2004, 03:01 AM
my bad..i guess i contradicted myself..correction:everyone can drive except you, cuz you're just that stupid! idiot!

p.s. please don't call me your buddy

C_B
12-26-2004, 03:20 AM
bad:eek:

frozenrice
12-26-2004, 11:04 AM
I think everyone's gotten their two cents in now. Somehow the discussion has taken a wrong turn (no racists driving jokes please) and starting to go downhill.

Moderator: I'd suggest you close thread before it goes too far.

markymark
12-26-2004, 11:14 PM
Hey, he was banned. Awesome. The worlds a better place than I thought. lol
:D :clap:

GTS Jeff
12-27-2004, 12:19 AM
its a proven fact guys, chinese people have this "bad driving" gene thats right next to the "short" gene

Speed_69
12-27-2004, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
its a proven fact guys, chinese people have this "bad driving" gene thats right next to the "short" gene
please don't make this thread more worse then it already is

gorillam
12-27-2004, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

:rofl:

The only time I have even been hit was from a chinese girl in a parking lot, got out of her car to scrape the windshield and had the car in neutral and didnt put the e-brake on, went rolling directly into my rear tires/bumper hahaha. Supid girls honda got what it deserved, no damage on my end.

Dented bumper and broken lights on hers hahaha.

(was pissed at the time, but funny now)

GTS Jeff
12-27-2004, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by Speed_69

please don't make this thread more worse then it already is hey have u ever thought about the IRONY of how chief chinikis is a native restaurant as opposed to a chinese restaurant?

DEATH2000
12-28-2004, 08:12 PM
dude, i work parking at the Clagary Stampede, ive seen cases of shiity parking and people almost hitting each other sooooo many times.i wa alomost hit once to.but im not sayng hes a bad driver just that he needs to slow down in a parking lot .if u wanna her stories of shitty parking and bad drivers ive got tons.

kevie88
12-28-2004, 08:24 PM
I hit a chinese guy one time at an intersection when I was 16...

<-- Dumb honkey

digitalshogun
12-29-2004, 02:22 AM
If you are driving in the province of Alberta .... chances are ALL OF YOU are shitty drivers regardless of race. Just a keen observation by a fellow shitty drivin' Albertan ;)

rayoun
12-29-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by digitalshogun
If you are driving in the province of Alberta .... chances are ALL OF YOU are shitty drivers regardless of race. Just a keen observation by a fellow shitty drivin' Albertan ;)
I was raised in BC for 20 years and drove there for 4 years before i moved to alberta. I can honestly say that albertans are far safer drivers than British Columbians. The reason you may say such a thing is because albertans have slightly varying driving rules and their road conditions are far different than the location that you reside in, and they may just not be used to it.
Regarding the accident it would be 50/50 if the guy ends up taking it to court, otherwise it would be completely his fault

digitalshogun
12-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by rayoun

I was raised in BC for 20 years and drove there for 4 years before i moved to alberta. I can honestly say that albertans are far safer drivers than British Columbians. The reason you may say such a thing is because albertans have slightly varying driving rules and their road conditions are far different than the location that you reside in, and they may just not be used to it.
Regarding the accident it would be 50/50 if the guy ends up taking it to court, otherwise it would be completely his fault

I say that because Alberta has different driving rules than where I live? I live in Calgary. Nope the reason I say such a thing is because its mostly true. The reason BC is unsafe to drive is because of all the Albertans vacationing there lol. BC's problem is less to do with drivers and more to do with its roads. Kids from the Okanagan can probably attest to the fact that things got a lot better when they got more lanes on the 97. We (Albertans) don't know how to merge, pass, change lanes, let people in, use a 4 lane highway ...etc etc. I've driven many places, Alberta obviously (I personally have a speeding problem), many of the surrounding areas (including Montana, Washington, BC, Sask, and Man) and even Mexico. Mexicans are better drivers ... they are crazy granted ... but better drivers than Albertans. Talk to some bigrig drivers ... most will concur (with all but the Mexican part lol)

Check it out, Edmonton is not such a nice place;
CTV News (http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1077896832846_73306032/?hub=WFive)

We are so bad that they were talking about retesting all of us.
CBC News Calgary (http://calgary.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=ca_drivers20040402)

Seriously, I don't really mean everyone but all in all Albertans don't know how to drive.

rayoun
12-29-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by digitalshogun

I say that because Alberta has different driving rules than where I live? I live in Calgary. Nope the reason I say such a thing is because its mostly true. The reason BC is unsafe to drive is because of all the Albertans vacationing there lol. BC's problem is less to do with drivers and more to do with its roads. Kids from the Okanagan can probably attest to the fact that things got a lot better when they got more lanes on the 97. We (Albertans) don't know how to merge, pass, change lanes, let people in, use a 4 lane highway ...etc etc. I've driven many places, Alberta obviously (I personally have a speeding problem), many of the surrounding areas (including Montana, Washington, BC, Sask, and Man) and even Mexico. Mexicans are better drivers ... they are crazy granted ... but better drivers than Albertans. Talk to some bigrig drivers ... most will concur (with all but the Mexican part lol)

Check it out, Edmonton is not such a nice place;
CTV News (http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1077896832846_73306032/?hub=WFive)

We are so bad that they were talking about retesting all of us.
CBC News Calgary (http://calgary.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=ca_drivers20040402)

Seriously, I don't really mean everyone but all in all Albertans don't know how to drive.

I'm sorry. I had no idea about where you reside in. By the way my gf's father is an 18 wheeler driver, and I will talk to him about. I'm currently in vancouver to visit my folks, and i can honestly say that I have no seen one albertan plate so far, yet I almost got into an accident because some persian kid thought that his car was fast enough so that he could pass the stop sign and not get hit.