PDA

View Full Version : I want to be a truck Driver

LemonTree
12-25-2004, 03:55 AM
hello all! i recently will come to Edmonton.
and i am now looking for a job! i have sended out numerous resumes...but i haven't get any reply now.
Also i have many experience in Computer, but now i want to be a trucker.
i love travel by truck, and i have strong physical and mental except the experience of driven truck. if theres anyone in this field, i am very please you help me in any!

FiveFreshFish
12-25-2004, 04:17 AM
First you will need to get your Class 3 or Class 1 Alberta Operator's (Driver's) License.

http://www3.gov.ab.ca/gs/services/mv/operator.cfm#LicenceClasses

I'm not sure if truck driving is an ideal occupation for a new immigrant, but good luck with your career.

LemonTree
12-31-2004, 12:49 AM
Thanks
I have surfing the WebSite you posted.
You say truck driving is not a good ideal occupation for new immigrant. why do you think so?

FiveFreshFish
12-31-2004, 12:57 AM
As a truck driver, you need to know the geography of the areas in which you'll be driving. This is where a new immigrant could be at a disadvantage.

You should also call a truck-driving school to get more details on what's involved. Keep in mind there are many types of truck-driving jobs, so the type of work and hours can vary considerably.

Rockski
12-31-2004, 12:59 AM
of you head west on yellow head trail from victoria trail, just as your about to come to wayne gretzky drive, there is a phone number on the side of a trailer for a truck driving school....

sorry thats all i got