PDA

View Full Version : Question about insurance.

3G
12-26-2004, 09:42 PM
Just wondering if someone got their car stolen, and insurance pays for it. will there insurance go up? Maybe some one on here whos had their car stolen can inform me. thanks.

The Great Gazoo
12-26-2004, 09:54 PM
Yes. It will go up.

FiveFreshFish
12-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Mine went up in the form of losing the no-claims bonus. It was only a nominal amount though, but that was in the early 90's.

3G
12-26-2004, 10:28 PM
that's :bullshit: ur insurance shouldn't go up cuz some fucktard decided to steal your car :thumbsdow

i ask because a friend of mines winter beater got stolen and he's wondering whether to claim it or not. He just got insured not long ago too.

kaput
12-26-2004, 11:21 PM

3G
12-26-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by kaput
My car was stolen but recovered however there was still a claim for a couple thousand dollars damage that was done to it. The company insists that it does not affect my rate in any way because it was not my fault.

So, if his car is recovered but its like crashed or something, they''' pay him for it but won't jack his rates up or something.

kaput
12-26-2004, 11:51 PM

TrevorK
12-30-2004, 12:07 PM
No it does not.

However if your vehicle is constantly stolen, they can drop coverage.

Tyler883
12-30-2004, 03:27 PM
"has your car been stolen" is not a common question when you investigate insurance rates with other companies.

If my insurance company tried to increase my rates, I would try my best to find another inssurer that was cheaper. Then I would not only demand that my rates be lowered back to it's original level, but I would insist on an additional discount for the way they are treating me.

I am fairly certain that those money hungry jerks wouldn't respond to my demands, in which case I will not hesitate to take my business elsewhere...

I think it is important that the insurance company will have a record that shows that they lost a customer over a dispute...enough people do this to them, and maybe they will start listening.

George_Reyes
01-04-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by TrevorK
No it does not.

However if your vehicle is constantly stolen, they can drop coverage.

:rofl: