PDA

View Full Version : Easy delicious recipes?

Chim
12-28-2004, 11:25 AM
My mom's going to Hong Kong for a month and put me in charge of food while she's gone. I am a terrible chef however, so share some newbie recipes! :D

QuasarCav
12-28-2004, 11:35 AM
1 pound ground beef
1 tomato
1 head of lettuce
1 pack sour cream
1 jar of salsa
200g of cheese
1 package of tortillas
1 pack of taco mix

Cook the ground beef until almost browned, add some taco mix or your own spices to the beef and let it simmer for a few minutes.

While it is simmering cut up the lettuce and tomato and put the other condiments into bowls. Prep the tortillas by placing them in the oven for a few minutes to make them fresh again.

Take the beef off the stove and drain the excess fat, Then put the beef into a bowl.

Fill your tortilla with the topping that you like and BAM a semi-healthy filling meal.

GTS Jeff
12-28-2004, 12:11 PM
-cook rice
-fry a couple eggs
-slice up spam and fry
-put eggs and spam over rice
-eat it

max_boost
12-28-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
-cook rice
-fry a couple eggs
-slice up spam and fry
-put eggs and spam over rice
-eat it

Back in the day, I lived off of that stuff! Sometimes 3 times a day! haha:rofl:

GTS Jeff
12-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Back in the day, I lived off of that stuff! Sometimes 3 times a day! haha:rofl: wtf! i thought i was only one to have spam and eggs over rice!

i can only eat this "delicacy" once every couple months tho cuz its pretty greasy and salty.

szw
12-28-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
wtf! i thought i was only one to have spam and eggs over rice!

Nope, spam and eggs and rice was part of my diet too. Occasionally chinese sausage replaces spam

GQBalla
12-28-2004, 03:09 PM
lol i think every chinese person has ate the frfed spam!

Chim
12-28-2004, 06:56 PM
Forgot to mention that I want to try staying healthy, so no more spam suggestions :rofl:

hockeybronx
12-28-2004, 11:22 PM
I try to eat in three part meals:

Examples of 1st Part: Meats
- Ground Beef
- Beef Sirloin
- Chicken Breast
- Pork Chops
- Burger Patties

Examples of 2nd Part: Sides
- White Rice
- Potatoes - cut in small squares and fried on superlow heat with garlic
- French Fries

Examples of 3rd Part: Fruit/Vegetable Sides
- Ceasar salad
- Mixed Vegetables
- A couple pieces of fruit

If you randomly combine one of each part you should have some pretty good variation in your meals. Also once a week I cook up a kick-ass plate of pasta with tomato sauce and canned clams.

Good luck man:thumbsup:

pints
12-29-2004, 07:56 PM
macaroni with suey choy, ham and shitake mushrooms in chicken broth.

Jassie
12-30-2004, 09:07 PM
Chicken Breasts, Bell peppers and Campbells Pepper jack soup, Easy and yummy!

aZnBlooD
01-14-2005, 01:52 AM
eat out. solves all problems...

nekoi
01-14-2005, 02:11 AM
What kind of food does your family usually eat? They might prefer more of a Cantonese home style cooking which isn't that hard to learn. Make sure you are actually cooking something your family will eat...............

If you reply that your family prefers Cantonese then I will give you a couple home dishes' recipe.

Chiggles
01-17-2005, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

Back in the day, I lived off of that stuff! Sometimes 3 times a day! haha:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: I STILL eat that every now and then if I'm just looking for a quick meal cuz I'm too tired to cook after coming home from work. Didn't think it was such a common KD-equivalent.

2.0turbo
01-17-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
1 pound ground beef
1 tomato
1 head of lettuce
1 pack sour cream
1 jar of salsa
200g of cheese
1 package of tortillas
1 pack of taco mix

Cook the ground beef until almost browned, add some taco mix or your own spices to the beef and let it simmer for a few minutes.

While it is simmering cut up the lettuce and tomato and put the other condiments into bowls. Prep the tortillas by placing them in the oven for a few minutes to make them fresh again.

Take the beef off the stove and drain the excess fat, Then put the beef into a bowl.

Fill your tortilla with the topping that you like and BAM a semi-healthy filling meal.

I was thinking that, then there it is, first post.
I could eat fajitas every night and not get sick of them.

Something I do is get the taco kits, 6 hard shell, 6 soft shell and smother the soft shell with sour cream or bean sauce, then stick it to the hard shell. Sooooo good.

hockeybronx
01-17-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by 2.0turbo
Something I do is get the taco kits, 6 hard shell, 6 soft shell and smother the soft shell with sour cream or bean sauce, then stick it to the hard shell. Sooooo good.

:drool:

Gondi Stylez
01-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Sirloin Steak (or any cut you want)
Aruagala (or any mustard green)
1/2 a Chile (Jalapeno?)
Olive Oil
Ginger
Garlic
Balsamic Vineger
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper

Directions:

Steak:
Lightly oil steak and season w/ S&P
Grill to desired wellness
Let rest for 5min then slice thin on bias

Vinegrette:
In bowl combine 1sp grated giner and 1 clove of garlic, minced chile, salt and pepper
add 1/8 cup balsamic and whisk in 1/4 cup oil

On the bed of green drizzle dressing then place steak slices on top and drizzle more dressing

ENJOY!

there ya go, free recepie out of my "cookbook in the works"

if you want one for clam chowder then i can post that also... if you like that