PDA

View Full Version : KFC toonie tuesdays!

GTS Jeff
12-28-2004, 11:07 PM
on tuesdays KFC has a kickass deal:

-$2 for 2 pc. chicken and fries
-add $1 for each extra peice of chicken
-add $1 for drink

so basically, you can have a complete 3 piece meal for $4 instead of the usual $9 trillion.

i always forget about this deal until its past tuesday...but i managed to remember for tonight....and for $5 im getting a 4 piece meal.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: grease!

nismodrifter
12-28-2004, 11:10 PM
bah shit I totally forgot about this too and I just picked up a big crunch sandwhich from KFC...dizzamn

zhulander
12-28-2004, 11:11 PM
It's actually $2.22 and it works out to be $2.37 with tax. If you go to the castleridge KFC, they still have the extra cripsy recipe which makes it so much better, not as greasy as the original recipe.

3G
12-28-2004, 11:23 PM
i always eat there ! mmmmm

rahim
12-28-2004, 11:24 PM
:barf: doesn't even taste like chicken

hockeybronx
12-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
on tuesdays KFC has a kickass deal:

-$2 for 2 pc. chicken and fries
-add $1 for each extra peice of chicken
-add $1 for drink

so basically, you can have a complete 3 piece meal for $4 instead of the usual $9 trillion.

i always forget about this deal until its past tuesday...but i managed to remember for tonight....and for $5 im getting a 4 piece meal.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: grease!

Ahh almost a weekly routine for me back in high school!

Originally posted by nismodrifter
bah shit I totally forgot about this too and I just picked up a big crunch sandwhich from KFC...dizzamn

Big Crunch is such a rip-off. When I was in Kelowna I ordered one. You get a bun, a slab of lettuce, and the crunchie chicken for $6.00:eek:

Such a rip-off, I'd rather go to Subway.

3G
12-28-2004, 11:39 PM
KFC sandwiches taste like crap, specifically the classic combo :barf: McDicks has better sandwiches.

Skylinelover
12-28-2004, 11:42 PM
^ I wouldn't call them sandwiches. Haha

hockeybronx
12-28-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Skylinelover
^ I wouldn't call them sandwiches. Haha

Dictionary.com definition of sandwich:

a. Two or more slices of bread with a filling such as meat or cheese placed between them

Yeah they're sandwiches.:zzz:

nismodrifter
12-28-2004, 11:48 PM
KFC sandwhiches are the best....way better than MCd shit..and yeah..big crunch is kinda expensive but whatever, tastes good.

Skylinelover
12-28-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

Dictionary.com definition of sandwich:

a. Two or more slices of bread with a filling such as meat or cheese placed between them

Yeah they're sandwiches.:zzz:
Never knew that. :rolleyes:

I was joking because Mcdicks doesn't use real meat or cheese.

3G
12-28-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Skylinelover

Never knew that. :rolleyes:

I was joking because Mcdicks doesn't use real meat or cheese.

I meant McChickens

Skylinelover
12-28-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by 3G

I meant McChickens
Ahh, that clears it up then.

kenny
12-29-2004, 12:35 AM
Just another useless tidbit:

Its been renamed to Toonie Twos Day since it was changed to $2.22 from $2.00. Damn, inflation sucks! haha.

Ben
12-29-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by kenny
Just another useless tidbit:

Its been renamed to Toonie Twos Day since it was changed to $2.22 from $2.00. Damn, inflation sucks! haha.

Thanks Sherlock for that pertinant information.

hahaha

ninspeed
12-29-2004, 12:41 AM
they dont have the classic;s for 2$ any more? when did that stop (that was the last time i had KFC)

hockeybronx
12-29-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by ninspeed
they dont have the classic;s for 2$ any more? when did that stop (that was the last time i had KFC)

I thought I remember it always being $2.14 with tax, I thought I recalled getting pissed off about that all of the time.

badseed
12-29-2004, 02:31 AM
Ahhh good old toonie tuesdayz, I haven't hit that up in a long time.

sabad66
12-29-2004, 03:51 AM
It's a good deal but the food tastes like ass. You get a ball of fries and 2 greasy old pieces of chicken that have been sitting in a little drawer boxed up for hours. And if you have to get a toonie tuesday do NOT get it from the one in brentwood beside the wendy's.

Bonka
12-29-2004, 04:29 AM
Is it just me or that on Tuesday's the chicken pieces are smaller than the other 6 days? I watch my friends eat them all the time and it doesn't look like a coincidence.

BTW, Popeyes owns all. Then Churches :drool:

googe
12-29-2004, 04:59 AM
man does it not scare you that they can profit off selling "food" for that cheap? makes you wonder!

there are just times i would rather pay more for what i eat...

7thgenvic
12-29-2004, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by googe
man does it not scare you that they can profit off selling "food" for that cheap? makes you wonder!

there are just times i would rather pay more for what i eat...
hahahah i woudln't call it "food" its like chemically enhanced chickens that they can make for 10 cents! so their the real winners!

but some times i would rather pay 2 bux and be a happy greese filled man!

Hash_man
12-29-2004, 06:55 AM
KFC sucks, for the $4 GTS jeff is talkin about, I would way rather go to Chicken On the Way... That place kicks ass, corn fritters are like $0.25 a piece, and the chicken is pretty cheap too, 100000x better then KFC too.:thumbsup: :drool:

EK 2.0
12-29-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Hash_man
KFC sucks, for the $4 GTS jeff is talkin about, I would way rather go to Chicken On the Way... That place kicks ass, corn fritters are like $0.25 a piece, and the chicken is pretty cheap too, 100000x better then KFC too.:thumbsup: :drool:

but there are no Chicken on the Way's in E-Town...so Jeff has to settle for the Col. Sanders...

statick
12-29-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by sabad66
It's a good deal but the food tastes like ass. You get a ball of fries and 2 greasy old pieces of chicken that have been sitting in a little drawer boxed up for hours. And if you have to get a toonie tuesday do NOT get it from the one in brentwood beside the wendy's.

what makes u say that...thats the one i used to go 2.:confused:

Chester
12-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by statick

what makes u say that...thats the one i used to go 2.:confused:

:werd: I still goto that one sometimes

digitalshogun
12-29-2004, 12:57 PM
Not nearly as cheap ... but check out Mary Brown's (2 locations - Royal Oak and Blackfoot) .. mmmm good. Chicken is less "greezy", spices are better and they have "Taters". Wedge fries with a bit of the chicken spice on 'em. Sooo good.

Ariakas
12-29-2004, 12:59 PM
The chicken and fries from cheapy Tuesday is definitely gross but when I do go, I ask for fresh chicken and fries which they comply.

QuasarCav
12-29-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by digitalshogun
Not nearly as cheap ... but check out Mary Brown's (2 locations - Royal Oak and Blackfoot) .. mmmm good. Chicken is less "greezy", spices are better and they have "Taters". Wedge fries with a bit of the chicken spice on 'em. Sooo good.

Mary Browns is going to give me a heart attack. I love the taters, they remind me of an old friend "chester chicken" that was at 7-11.

hockeybronx
12-29-2004, 01:26 PM
I actually prefer the Chubby Chicken from A & W to the chicken at KFC. I feel better eating that stuff for some reason:dunno:

GTS Jeff
12-29-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
I actually prefer the Chubby Chicken from A & W to the chicken at KFC. I feel better eating that stuff for some reason:dunno: hm i personally cant stand that cheap ripoff version of kfc...its really dry!

actually a&ws changed the recipe a few times for chubby chicken cuz it was so ass-tasting.

3G
12-29-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Mary Browns is going to give me a heart attack. I love the taters, they remind me of an old friend "chester chicken" that was at 7-11.

you can get Chester Fried Chicken @ Hages in Trans Canada

Lanks
12-29-2004, 11:58 PM
Haha i remember that chesters chicken. I used to get the teryaki chicken on a stick... it fuckin ruled. You can still get it at the 7-11 in one of those hick towns on the way to fernie

Chester
12-30-2004, 12:01 AM
I'll make you all some chicken

hockeybronx
12-30-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
hm i personally cant stand that cheap ripoff version of kfc...its really dry!

actually a&ws changed the recipe a few times for chubby chicken cuz it was so ass-tasting.

Hmmm... I always figured Chubby Chicken was a higher quality/ more expensive version of KFC.

Oh well, I don't really eat any of that stuff much anymore.

dj_rice
12-30-2004, 10:20 PM
I was there on Tuesday and lol they have a big Boxing Week Blowout sale just FYI....

They have a KFC Loonie Mania... $1 for 1 piece of chicken, or drink or small salad or small fries...and u can get as many as u want lol

Just funny to me how a restaurant is tryin to get in on the Boxing Day action by having a sale lol

hockeybronx
12-30-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
I was there on Tuesday and lol they have a big Boxing Week Blowout sale just FYI....

They have a KFC Loonie Mania... $1 for 1 piece of chicken, or drink or small salad or small fries...and u can get as many as u want lol

Just funny to me how a restaurant is tryin to get in on the Boxing Day action by having a sale lol

Mmmm.... greasy chicken door crashers:rolleyes:

rm777
01-01-2005, 10:58 PM
You get what you pay for.