PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Body Part Of The Week: Forearms

hockeybronx
12-29-2004, 01:33 PM
I'm going to try this out and see how it works. Each week I'll make a new post for a different muscle group, so we can all give comments, tips/tricks, injuries/difficulties, and other information on that group. Hopefully by doing this we can all learn new information on each part and experience some healthy gains in the process.

As always, as long as DavidI and Wildcat are involved everything will be okay!

So here is it...

Body Part 1: Forearms

I do grip squeezes, forearm curls behind my body, and chin-ups for the main exercises.

Does anyone else have any other good exercises for forearms? Post up your goals as well.

badseed
12-29-2004, 01:54 PM
Chin ups are mainly for your back, try just hanging from the bar. It's whats known as an Isometric exercise (no shortening or lengthening of the muscle targeted).

Melinda
12-29-2004, 01:58 PM
I'll post up injuries and treatments tonight when I get home :)

rahim
12-29-2004, 01:59 PM
Same idea as badseed but with dumbells, just hold on, should be about to drop them after 40-50 seconds, and increase weight as needed, I also like the plate tied to a stick, roll it up and then back down, nothing to it.

three.eighteen.
12-29-2004, 02:06 PM
your forearms should grow with gains in most other upper body exercises, no sense targeting them i find

DUBBED
12-29-2004, 02:24 PM
Yeah if you do palmsdown curls on that crazy bent bar its works the forearms and lower biceps quite well.

Other than that I just do behind the back curls. :thumbsup:

Chim
12-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Deadlifts man :thumbsup:

gggunit
12-29-2004, 03:12 PM
Forearms shouldnt be ignored, its the first thing people see when you were a T-shirt..I always do these 2

Reverse Barbell Preacher Curls and
Palms-Up Dumbbell Wrist Curl Over A Bench

Check this site out alot of good excersises for Forearms
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.php?Real=%3C%3D+7&start=10&Name=&MainMuscle=Forearms&Equip=&Isolation=&order=Name

tsi_neal
12-29-2004, 03:25 PM
Any DH mountain biker or MotoX guy knows you dont need to work these bad boys, arm pump does it all for ya :poosie:

hockeybronx
12-29-2004, 06:07 PM
I agree with a lot of things that have been said so far this week. I agree with three.eighteen in that general weightlifting of the upper body will give you gains in the forearms.

That site that gggunit posted has some good exercises as well.:thumbsup:

YCB
12-29-2004, 07:22 PM
i dun think this "bodypart of the week" will work out well.. good idea hockeybronx.. but like gggunit posted... because people will refer to bodybuilding.com

http://bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm

but i guess not all those excercises work for everyone...

we'll see i guess

TrevorK
12-30-2004, 12:03 PM
Captains of Crunch grippers - awesome piece of equipment. You can get them in varying difficulties...

Remember, there are multiple partsof your forearm, and you'll need to focus on all of them.

rahim
12-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Chim
Deadlifts man :thumbsup:
main reason I do forearm excersises is because my grip is the first thing to go when doing deadlifts

gggunit
12-30-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by rahim

main reason I do forearm excersises is because my grip is the first thing to go when doing deadlifts

Use straps they help alot.. I find I can get up to 4-5 more reps in with straps on.