PDA

View Full Version : Hyatt is BS!!

Paul
12-29-2004, 06:55 PM
Long Story Short:

Paid $30,000 for a used car (full sticker, no negotiation) from Hyatt Mitsubishi

Promised my first oil change for free.

Made me pay for the oil change when I went in and wouldn't honor their commitment.

Short Story Long:

About 3 months ago i went into Hyatt Mitsubishi and found a car on their used lot that i liked. The sticker price didn't seem bad to me so I decided not to negotiate them down at all. When making arrangements to purchase the vehicle (which i paid for in full) I was promised that my first servicing oil change would be paid for by them (big whooopie i know). So i took my car in for my first oil change today and guess what. I got stuck paying for the bill because they said that it was one week past the deadline (a deadline which was never mentioned to me...ever) and they would not be honoring the free service.

Kinda pissed off because this seemed to be my only incentive to go to them.

I know i can't change your minds on who to go to and who to avoid. I personally have never felt so belittled as i was when i went to Hyatt Mitsubishi, they tried to make it sound like it was my fault i wan't getting what THEY promised to me.

On the otherhand i have never had better service than when i took my last 2 cars to Silver Hill Acura. I wonder if they'll work on my Land Rover??

Overall:

- service seems shadey
- won't honor their commitments
- belittle you and try to make errors on their behalf look like it's your fault.

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

NickGT
12-29-2004, 07:00 PM
I bought my stang from them - Hyatt Mitsubishi. I jew'd them down and got a good deal on the mustang. When I went to pick it up and drive away. I noticed I had almost no gas in the tank... Kinda weak imo, maybe asking for a full tank of gas is asking to much. Really the car was all I wanted.. They didn't mention anything to me about oil change at all but this was almost a year ago... :dunno: :thumbsdow

Paul
12-29-2004, 07:03 PM
haha.... Hyatt Mitsubishi also gave me my car with zero gas, barely made it to the closest station. Customer Service seems to be lacking. Well, i know at least 2 customers they've lost (my dad and my brother are looking to buy new cars in the next year).

NickGT
12-29-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Paul
haha.... Hyatt Mitsubishi also gave me my car with zero gas, barely made it to the closest station. Customer Service seems to be lacking. Well, i know at least 2 customers they've lost (my dad and my brother are looking to buy new cars in the next year).

Heh so I'm not alone... Sons of bitchez :guns:

SikAssR1
12-29-2004, 07:27 PM
You must of made the salesman's day by not negotiating the price, especially for a used vehicle.

DUBBED
12-29-2004, 07:57 PM
The last time I bought a car from a dealership it ran out of gas before I got a block away, the fucking bastard filled it then asked me for money. :bullshit: :bullshit:

FiveFreshFish
12-30-2004, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by NickGT
maybe asking for a full tank of gas is asking to much.
It's not too much to ask, IMO. The other fluids in the car are full (or should be full) so why not the gas tank? Stupid cheap-ass dealers... a $40 tank of gas goes a long way in customer perception.

badseed
12-30-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by SikAssR1
You must of made the salesman's day by not negotiating the price, especially for a used vehicle.

:werd: , alwayz room for negotiation.

RickDaTuner
12-30-2004, 10:24 AM
man at the prices dealers get used cars for, you better damn well be negotiating the price

i remeber one time when i worked at sunridge nissan the operations manager went out to odessa auctions and came back with like 12-15 cars one wich was a 98 prelude SH, guess how much they bought it for at the auction.....

3k Three fricken thousand dollars.......... then they turn around and sell the car for a nice 32k...

:thumbsdow

ZorroAMG
12-31-2004, 04:13 AM
Ummm...why wouldn't you negotiate? Sorry to be off topic, but that just strikes me as very odd, paying more for a car just for fun....

canadian canuck
12-31-2004, 09:50 AM
I used to work at Hyatt Infinit/Mitsubishi when it was in the same building, bought a new car from Mitsu after I left there and wasn;t treated too badly, I will admit the service end at Hyatt Mitsu sucks, they can't keep techs there, their new parts manager is an idiot, I deal with Platinum parts and service, but the short end of it, the dealer will try to cut corners to scrimp on cash as much as possible.... no matter what dealer you deal with, some are better than others but all dealers have their shortfall, I'm not defending Hyatt, I'll be the first to tell it how it is, they need to revamp the entire staff if they want to stay in buisness for the long run.

brandon
12-31-2004, 09:55 AM
Every car I have ever purchased from T and T Honda (three to be exact) has always come full of gas and completly detailed amazingly!. Even thier service is amazing there! If your looking for a dealership I highly recommend them!

ehos
12-31-2004, 10:12 AM
Anyone who goes to Satan (dealership) to buy car is a sucker

Ever wonder how they can afford to keep Millions of dollars in inventory just sitting there? Because they know suckers always show up to buy thier shit.

And USED cars at dealerships are the biggest raping ever. I don't care how good of a deal you THINK you got, you got bent.

GME
12-31-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Paul
Long Story Short:

Paid $30,000 for a used car (full sticker, no negotiation)

Kinda pissed off because this seemed to be my only incentive to go to them.

Don't want to be an ass, but you paid the asking price from a dealer just so you could get one measly oil change for free? Mobil 1 and a filter cost all of $30. :rolleyes:

AcuraTl
12-31-2004, 11:17 AM
umm dude no negotiation for a sticker price on a used car...

ninspeed
12-31-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by canadian canuck
their new parts manager is an idiot,
it might have to do with the fact he is probally the biggest GM loving red neck in the world

sillyd
12-31-2004, 12:55 PM
I also bought my car there and had a bad experience. I would strongly recommend avoiding this place.

On example of many is when i payed for the car (after being treated like crap) and left to go get plates and stuff, i asked if they could wash the car (construction in the area and the car was absolutely covered in dirt) they said they didn't have time. I was not coming back for three hours so i said that i would appreciate a quick wash. They rudely said "it's your car now so you go wash it, we don't have time because we have to wash all the new cars". I found this quite insulting that they couldn't take ten minutes to give a quick rinse to a car they just sold.

I have many complaints about them but i'll just summarize and say that i am very disappointed.

t-im
12-31-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by sillyd
I also bought my car there and had a bad experience. I would strongly recommend avoiding this place.

On example of many is when i payed for the car (after being treated like crap) and left to go get plates and stuff, i asked if they could wash the car (construction in the area and the car was absolutely covered in dirt) they said they didn't have time. I was not coming back for three hours so i said that i would appreciate a quick wash. They rudely said "it's your car now so you go wash it, we don't have time because we have to wash all the new cars". I found this quite insulting that they couldn't take ten minutes to give a quick rinse to a car they just sold.

I have many complaints about them but i'll just summarize and say that i am very disappointed.

you had to get your own plates?

bmw went out of their way to get me a nice uber asian plate (when I didnt ask for it)

haha I dunno, but BMW washes my car whenever I bring it in, even if the car wash takes longer then the actual annoyance with the car

Weapon_R
12-31-2004, 01:23 PM
One thing i'm left to wonder is:

If all of you guys are treated like crap, why the FUCK do you buy from there? Tell the dealer to go screw himself, and buy from somewhere else. There is more than 1 model of the particular car you are all looking for somewhere else.

BigMass
12-31-2004, 01:25 PM
I found BMW never washed my car when i brought it in even though its their policy. They would make excuses how it was busy and if i wanted to wait (30min - 1 hour) they could wash it. Yeah right, who's going to wait that long for a stupid wash. They gave me the same story 3 times in a row. I found out that with BMW the more expensive your BMW is the better they serviced it. If its an older 318 forget about it. If its a 2005 M5 they'll suck your cock while you wait.

Bottom line is all dealerships suck and most mechanic repair places are rip-off joints. If anyone knows of a place that cares as much about their work as they do about making a fast buck let me know so i can start taking my car their. In Calgary have yet to find a mechanic or dealership that didnt try to rip me off.

What happened to the old business adage, "Dont sell one man one car. Sell him 3 cars over 15 years"

rahim
12-31-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by ehos
Ever wonder how they can afford to keep Millions of dollars in inventory just sitting there? Because they know suckers always show up to buy thier shit.

They don't own any of the new cars, I think its all consignment

QuasarCav
12-31-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by BigMass

What happened to the old business adage, "Dont sell one man one car. Sell him 3 cars over 15 years"

:werd:

I will always go back to the place that treated me well, I will never go back to a place that is bad. I will also tell everyone not to deal with them as well.

When you buy a 318 and are happy with it you will probably end up buying a higher level BMW in a few years.

sillyd
12-31-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

If all of you guys are treated like crap, why the FUCK do you buy from there? Tell the dealer to go screw himself, and buy from somewhere else. There is more than 1 model of the particular car you are all looking for somewhere else.

Actually when i was looking, there wasn't. I looked at every one for sale and this was the best one so i had no choice. Small hassles at the dealer are worth it to get the car you want. But good point, in most cases this is true.

Skylinelover
12-31-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

:werd:

I will always go back to the place that treated me well, I will never go back to a place that is bad. I will also tell everyone not to deal with them as well.

When you buy a 318 and are happy with it you will probably end up buying a higher level BMW in a few years.
:werd: We got treated well at Saturn and in the newyear my dad is looking for a new car so I bet we will go back.

And no their cars are not over priced.

EnRich
12-31-2004, 03:17 PM
heh... I had a similar experiance... I bought a brand new 2001 Prelude in 2001 and got 5 free oil changes for the car... It was never mentioned to me that it was for that car only, but it was in fine print on the card... I didn't know that until after I sold the car and bought another new car from T&T... Anyways so I take me Accord to HondaWest, and before I even get the oil change done, they tell me no, we can't do this for the car, you didn't even buy it here... btw I do sales for a living, so I'm like fuck this I ain't paying for this garbage after I've just spent 33gs on a car... and they cant give me a 30 dollar oil change... fuck that so I asked to speak to the manager, he was a fucking asshole... Talking lots of shit cause all his employee's are around him... I honestly said this to him... "Look, we should go talk in your office or somewhere private, that way I don't embarrass u in front of your employee's and other customers." btw we were having an arguement at this time.. So we go back just me him and some other manager... I tell him "Ok straight up, I've bought a new Honda for the last 3 years, every year I buy a new one, and I've had shitty ass service from T&T, where I'll never go again... WHere's the next place you think I might buy a Honda? And your damn right if you think this place will go on my shit list if you dont honor a $30 dollar oil change... last thing I tell him is to think like a manager, not someone angry with a some smart ass kid... Heh he gave it to me after that remark... lol what a junkie... I'll buy from Honda West again though cause of it... Since Honda's are sooo ugly now though, I dunno if i'll ever be in the market for one again though

Rich

Honestly man, to the poster of this thread, if you truly wanted an oil change from them, you'd get it if you just worked for it a little bit... When I want something there are very few ppl that will out talk me...

NickGT
12-31-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by ehos

And USED cars at dealerships are the biggest raping ever. I don't care how good of a deal you THINK you got, you got bent.

Everyone knows dealerships make money on used cars. If you can't negotiate that's your own problem. I paid 3K less than the cheapest comparable privately owned car. Don't get me wrong I hate going to dealerships.

Well it was an assumption that i'd have gas in the tank. It was annoying yes. But every dealership experience I have had has been annoying. So this was about on par. I was strictly there to pickup the car and leave. Which I did... Just with little gas.

Also see above. It was strictly about bang for my buck. The car was mechanically sound, still under factory warranty, fully loaded (minus the Mach1000 Audio), and after negotiating, was a hell of a lot cheaper than going privately. Especially since I didn't require financing.

rmk
12-31-2004, 08:22 PM
Get everything in writing !!

Paul
12-31-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Ummm...why wouldn't you negotiate? Sorry to be off topic, but that just strikes me as very odd, paying more for a car just for fun....

well ACTUALLY this particular dealership is one of those with the NO-Hassle, bottom price deals.

hmm, read the post, it wasn't the buying of the car that was a bad experience. The guy i bought the car from said that he fought to get the price of the oil change removed, it was the service center that made this a crappy experience.

Besides, when i was shopping for my Land Rover, they had a 2003 Land Rover Freelander SE for $26,900 with 30,000 KM's which was far less than i found anything else for (private or on a dealership lot) and after looking for 3 months i didn't feel like negotiating on the already lowest price that i'd seen.

and besides, this was only the first bad experience i had with them, and NO i won't be going back to them. obviously i'm not the only who feels this way so meet some of the unsatisfied customers that won't be using Hyatt Mitsubishi ever agian, due to the lack of customer care and service.

Alpine Autowerks
01-01-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by rahim

They don't own any of the new cars, I think its all consignment

no they are on a line of credit from the bank.
dealers work on margins as slim as 2% but banks love them because of cash flow. if you sell 500 cars a month 40 bucks of gas in each unit adds up.the manufacturers are no better.

when i was at Jag the cars had so little fuel in them thay if 1 was on the upper rear ramp on an auto carrier the low level would cause the fuel pump to run dry and seize. it was cheaper for jag to replace the pumps on those cars than it was to put $5 more gas in every car