PDA

View Full Version : favorite instant noodles?

GTS Jeff
12-29-2004, 07:41 PM
i like the doll brand of course cuz theyre hardcore and have many flavors. for kim chi, i like nong shim noodles. then that ichiban stuff is just made of mouse droppings designed to fool the white man...

whats your favorite?

DJ Lazy
12-29-2004, 07:44 PM
Not sure if you are referring to asain noodle dishes, or what. But I have always loved Ichiban. No broth, just the noodles (cooked in the broth then strained).

statick
12-29-2004, 07:46 PM
i duno if any non-brown people will be familiar with maggi noodles, but that sht owns all:drool: .

turbo'dGSR
12-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Indomie noodles are handes down the best, comes with 5 diff. flavor packets...fried onions, chili powder, seas sauce, seas powder etc....:drool: . but ive only had them in aussie so good luck here...:(

GTS Jeff
12-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy
Not sure if you are referring to asain noodle dishes, or what. But I have always loved Ichiban. No broth, just the noodles (cooked in the broth then strained). theres a brand of instant noodles actually called "ichiban" which is a terrible imitation of doll noodles and only white ppl eat it cuz they dont know any better.

Ariakas
12-29-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
theres a brand of instant noodles actually called "ichiban" which is a terrible imitation of doll noodles and only white ppl eat it cuz they dont know any better.

Hehe I agree with you. Anyway the best are from Nissin and Nong Shim :)

A2VR6
12-29-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by statick
i duno if any non-brown people will be familiar with maggi noodles, but that sht owns all:drool: .

Agreed. The maggi curry flavour is the shit!

saiyajin
12-29-2004, 09:06 PM
MaMa noodles ...oold school but still good but their portions are smaller now

kenny
12-29-2004, 09:16 PM
Mama silver bag spicy noodles is tha shiznit (the one with a hint of lime) mmm...

wildrice
12-29-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by saiyajin
MaMa noodles ...oold school but still good but their portions are smaller now

werd, those are the best
takes 2 or 3 bags to fill me up though

QuasarCav
12-29-2004, 09:20 PM
I'm not sure if this singles me out but I like the wonton soup.

Is this for white people who dont know any better?

GTS Jeff
12-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
I'm not sure if this singles me out but I like the wonton soup.

Is this for white people who dont know any better? haha u crazy whitey those arent instant noodles!

DUBBED
12-29-2004, 09:51 PM
Where can you get that MAMA brand? Or any of the more non-white stuff? hahaha

wildrice
12-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by DUBBED
Where can you get that MAMA brand? Or any of the more non-white stuff? hahaha

@ most asian supermarkets (eg. T&T)

but u can find this stuff at superstore too.
I'm assuming co-op and safeway would have it as well.

badseed
12-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by statick

Yeah maggi noodles are the shiite although some flavours taste awful, careful what you choose.

Chiggles
12-30-2004, 04:58 AM
Nissin noodles (same as the doll ones some of you are referring to, I think) are da bomb!! I grew up on those when I was a kid and over 15 years later, I'm still eating them!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: I hope they never go away. So much good food from my childhood has gone away, but the Nissin noodles are still around! :thumbsup: :D

statick
12-30-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by badseed

Yeah maggi noodles are the shiite although some flavours taste awful, careful what you choose.

chatpatta for life:clap:

Speed_69
12-30-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by saiyajin
MaMa noodles ...oold school but still good but their portions are smaller now :werd: i love these nooddles..so gooood

szw
12-30-2004, 04:13 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002F5CBA.01-A3JW437I54SEI1._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg
sadly i go thru a case every couple months.

civicrider
12-30-2004, 04:18 PM
noodle time no msg:rofl:

Kaos
12-30-2004, 04:58 PM
I went to one of my friends house and he gave me a bag of noodles called (Im not sure how its spelt, but this is how it sounds), ME-GO-RANG.
U cook the noodles first, then you drain the water and then u put the noodles back into a bowl and then comes the sauce.
Its similar to japanese noodles.

I cant seem to find them anywhere :(

blinkme_210
12-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Kaos
I went to one of my friends house and he gave me a bag of noodles called (Im not sure how its spelt, but this is how it sounds), ME-GO-RANG.
U cook the noodles first, then you drain the water and then u put the noodles back into a bowl and then comes the sauce.
Its similar to japanese noodles.

I cant seem to find them anywhere :(

You're talking about what szw posted. Buy it at T&T, it's always on sale for $10/case. I have a special way of making them. Pour the powder into the bowl, and drop the oil & soy sauce packaging into the water when it boils. That way it melts the sauce, and it comes out easier. Pour the oil on top of the powder, THEN the soy sauce. It has to be in that order, don't know why, but if you add the seasonings differently, it tastes different for me. Finally when the noodles in with the seasonings, sprinkle on the chili powder.

As for my favourite noodles... it would have to be Mama brand. Doesn't matter if it's the regular, shrimp lime, vercimelli, or any other kind, it's all good!!!
http://www.aharnthai.com/produce/pics/mama.jpg

DarkDream
12-30-2004, 05:41 PM
I like the instant noodle where there is some guy running with a bowl of noodles... The bag is red and white... NOt sure what that name is but... DAmn those are some good noodles....:bigpimp:

FiveFreshFish
12-30-2004, 06:21 PM
The Coop chicken flavor noodles taste like Lipton chicken noodle soup. Nice change from the Asian noodles.

hyperwhite
12-30-2004, 08:24 PM
Mr. noodle beef :thumbsup: ya i'm white haha

Will@STRD
12-31-2004, 07:36 PM
JDM Nissin UFO noodles
too bad they don't sell it in Calgary anymore
All the UFO in the asian market now is made in China taste like shit

dj_rice
12-31-2004, 11:01 PM
Mama noodles mmmmmmmm :thumbsup:

Any of u guys remember that old school Sapparo Ichiban Noodle in a Bowl commercial??

"Sapparo Ichiban so easy to do, pour hot water, ready for you"

Kamen
01-01-2005, 01:25 AM
Chapagetti is great hehe I used to love off that stuff.

Tyler883
01-01-2005, 04:46 PM
I like the rice vermecelli because it isn't laced with rancid fats...

ingredients:rice, water. THATS ALL!

962 kid
01-01-2005, 05:35 PM
shin ramyun :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

http://www.bitsoup.de/soups/images/ramyun.jpg

C4S
01-01-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid
shin ramyun :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

http://www.bitsoup.de/soups/images/ramyun.jpg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

YEAH ! BRAVO !